Brass Tumbler

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
grandpatim
Posts in topic: 2

Brass Tumbler

Post by grandpatim »

I am fixing to get back into reloading after a hiatus of nearly 20 years. I am going to reload 38 special, 45 acp, and 45 long colt. Will a rock tumbler work as a brass tumbler? I have an older RCBS powder scale that is missing the brass catch pan. Does anyone know where I could get another one?

Thanks,
Tim

ShootingStar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ShootingStar »

Yes, a rock tumbler will work. However, a vibrating tumbler works a lot better and faster. If you can, dillon sells a big one that will make short work of a Lot of brass. Before I bought the large dillon, I used one of the smaller ones that worked fine and I think I paid around $40 for it.

As for the pan on the scale, you might contact he manufacturer on it. Even if they don't hava the exact one, you might find one that would work. Since you have to calibrate the scale before you use it, it wouldn't have to be a perfect fit in size and weight.

-ss
A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. A Republic is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision. - Benjamin Franklin

mrbug

Post by mrbug »

I have seen the brass pan for sale at Sportsman's Warehouse.
How we conduct ourselves defines us. At the end of the day we answer to ourselves. At the end of our days we answer to God.

Topic author
grandpatim
Posts in topic: 2

Post by grandpatim »

I looked on the RCBS website and they have the pan. All they want for one is $16.95. I think I will figure something else to use.

nuparadigm

Post by nuparadigm »

+1 on using a vibrating tumbler. Mine has been in use for more than 30 years (it's an old Lyman) and hasn't stopped yet.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Return to “Reloading Forum”