Who listens to these ideas?

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Flatland2D
Posts in topic: 1

Who listens to these ideas?

Post by Flatland2D »

I've been spending some time reading through this section of the forum and I'm excited to think of what might be changed in the next legislative session. Everyone has posted some really good ideas.

What I'm wondering is how do these ideas go from the forum into a bill? Does everyone just start writing the state reps at once? Just wondering whose out there that's listening to what we say. I'm guessing that large organizations like the TSRA have close ties with politicians that would support our ideas. Also, what months will they be in session for 2007?

I'm currently taking a class on Texas Politics - unfortunately we haven't gotten to this section yet! Being a university student, I would also like a better definition of educational institution. I'd love to carry at school or at least keep it locked up somewhere. It is pretty much the only place I won't be allowed to carry (in my normal daily routine) when I get my license, and I'm there every weekday. Big bummer.

stevie_d_64

Re: Who listens to these ideas?

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Flatland2D wrote:I'm guessing that large organizations like the TSRA have close ties with politicians that would support our ideas.
Yep...That's one of them...

Some of the folks here work very actively with elected officials...And can bend an ear or two in that regard...For what that is worth... :lol:

One of the forum participants is a member of the NRA, and he is a member of their legal committee that provides a tremendous amount of support for the protection of our right to keep and bear arms...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I know of at least one legislative candidate that that reads these postings and takes the suggestions very seriously.

Return to “Goals for 2007”