PAC Fund Matching

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

PAC Fund Matching

Post by Skiprr »

I'm uncertain if this is the correct place for this note, but I wanted to post it somewhere on the boards.

I contribute to a PAC (Political Action Committee) where I work, and they made it known to me this month that I had not specified a 501(c)(3) organization for matching purposes. Evidently this is something they started in 2006, and I was unaware of it. The PAC will match, dollar for dollar, my annual contribution, and will give that matching amount to any bona fide 501(c)(3) I specify. So I wrote them back asking that my matching funds go to:

The NRA Foundation, Inc.
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
(800)423-6894(Toll Free)
(703) 267-3985 (Fax)
Email: nraf@nrahq.org

Had the PAC not specifically notified about this matching opportunity, I would not have known, and I would have missed the 2006 window that ends with the calendar year. So this is just a note to recommend--if you think you may be contributing to an organization or fund that might have a similar matching program--investigate your options, and don't let available funding go unused.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Goals for 2007”