Finger Prints

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 3

Finger Prints

Post by tomneal »

Why are finger prints required on CHL Renewals?

After reading some of the other threads, it seems like we need to add this to our 2007 goals.

No finger prints required on renewals.

or

Can someone else state it better?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

ElGato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGato »

The State dosen't require them, the FBI does.
Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

The FBI has more copies of my fingerprints than my Mom's refridgerator ever had!

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

GlockenHammer wrote:The FBI has more copies of my fingerprints than my Mom's refridgerator ever had!
They are starting to get a pretty good collection of mine as well. Between the military and CHL finger prints...

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I would really hate to be the one to tell the FBI that fingerprints really don't change...

The only way I see it changing is if we drop the Federal background check, which may lose us some reciprocity with most, if not all States that recognize our license...

The FBI is not going to invest in the investigative portion of a CCW background check, without doing new fingerprints everytime someone renews...They're stubborn about the logic/truth that nothing really changes, and they won't listen to scientific or logical reasoning to modify their stance on the issue...

Thats whats funny about those guys...You can't tell them anything, because they know it all, and you (we) don't even come close to comparing (in their minds)...

And how dare you question their authority...

(Steve steps off his soapbox)

Can I get away with saying that they are a necessary, and must be tolerated evil in our lives??? Even though I do chuckle from time to time why we must do so...

Sorry...This thread just touched a nerve the wrong way...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Stevie, If I may be so bold, may I point out that you have a lot of nerves being touched the wrong way, judging by your post count.

:lol:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Stevie, If I may be so bold, may I point out that you have a lot of nerves being touched the wrong way, judging by your post count.

:lol:
Stop touching me...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Anyguns' touching me again!!!

This could get weird...

I'm just a posting fool I suppose...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Don't make me turn this car around!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Hey stevie, have you ever dropped the soap box on your foot. Seems it would be getting heavy by now.

Truth told though, I do agree with most of your rants, er, ah, posts.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

I am like a lot of people here. Between military, jobs, CHL I know they have at least 30 sets of prints from me. Lord knows how many the Army lab at Fort Gillem had. Every time we sent in evidence we included a set of our prints. Would be interesting to see what they looked like when I was 18 and what they look like now.

In a way I understand somewhat. I have done a lot of ranch work between then and now and I know I have a lot more scars then I used to have. Perhaps that is the angle they are looking at.

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

The fingerprint stuff may seem like a bother, but these days identity theft is a very hot topic. Maybe by getting a new set of fingerprints, they feel they can be sure it is still the same person ...

I have no love of extra government interference, but sometimes ....

TraCoun

Topic author
tomneal

My concern

Post by tomneal »

My concern over fingerprints is that it is just one more task between me and renewal.

And

I am not sure that it has any value for Texas
See you at the range

sjones

Post by sjones »

they just want to make sure that you are the same person as the origional person that got one and not an imposter,thats what I was told by austin when I had to resubmit mine again thus delaying my renewal,I'm like a lot of you.They should have all kinds of mine from military to security companies to police commission badge.Its a pain in the a** but I guess we have to do it. sj

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I can understand the logic behind it - and since it is our effort to obtain this license, then it is our choice to jump through those hoops. However I do think that if they are going to require new prints every time, that they should facilitate a national standard or the Tx DPS should have electronic scanners at every location - and a guarantee that prints taken by that service will be accepted(due to either an instant scan check for identifiability, or that because the individual who administers the printing is certified in some manner).

I'd willingly pay $15 for "perfect" prints, or roll that 15 into the original fee and get free prints for it.

Topic author
tomneal

DPS Finger prints

Post by tomneal »

A few more thoughts.

My buddy complained about long lines for Drivers License renewal. Now, I am not sure I want to involve them in my CHL renewal.

Other States do not require prints on CHL renewals.

Texas does not require a new photo on all Drivers License renewals
See you at the range

Return to “Goals for 2007”