Storage Lockers

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

Storage Lockers

Post by tomneal »

Storage Lockers for CHL holders

Should be maditory for Courts and professional sporting events

One place I feel very uncomfortable unarmed is down town Houston.
Currently the only time I must go there is for Jury duty.

Texas should join other states and requre that courts have lockers for CHL holders
OR
you should be able to carry in court.

Just a dumb question
Has any juror anywhere ever smuggled a weapon to a defendant?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

stevie_d_64

Re: Storage Lockers

Post by stevie_d_64 »

tomneal wrote:Storage Lockers for CHL holders

Should be maditory for Courts and professional sporting events

One place I feel very uncomfortable unarmed is down town Houston.
Currently the only time I must go there is for Jury duty.

Texas should join other states and requre that courts have lockers for CHL holders
OR
you should be able to carry in court.

Just a dumb question
Has any juror anywhere ever smuggled a weapon to a defendant?
I would say that it may have happened a few times...But I can't give you an exact incident...

I think it happens more often that a person in the courtroom has carried a firearm with alterior motives...But not actually with the intent of giving it to a defendent...Who knows...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

GlockenHammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by GlockenHammer »

I just have to wonder if this issue is worth the effort when you can leave your gun in the car. I'd rather save my political ammo for other causes.

Think about the down sides (not including the bad juju CHL will get from begrudging businesses and anti-gun public officials)...
* Security... oops, somebody must have broken into the gun locker (or stole the whole locker) and stole your gun. Sorry. File a police report.
* Safety... Joe "finger-on-the-trigger" CHLer is whipping out his cocked and unlocked 1911 with a 1.5 lb trigger and covers you with his muzzle while you shop for lingerie. Sorry. EMS will be here shortly.
* Discretion... I don't like for anybody except my family to know that I carry. My best friend doesn't even know. Stepping up to the gun locker at the grocery store is a good way for all of my neighbors to find out and I don't like that.
* Security-2...What do you do with the gun left in the locker by the old-timer (or alzheimer) that forgot he stored it there?
* Security-3 and Safety-2...What better way for felons to find someone with a gun they can acquire than watching someone come out of a store from the gun-locker area. Think your sense of awareness is perfect? Do you pull your gun on anyone that gets within 21 feet of you? When worrying about the felon in front, did you see the one come from behind?

I'll be leaving mine in my car. See other thread about protecting our rights to leave it in the car.

Topic author
tomneal

Gun lockers / Where / Why

Post by tomneal »

The only two places I envision gun lockers are court houses and professional sporting events.

These two places went out of their way to get an exemption from CHL carry.
I would like to return the favor.

Either have the lockers available
OR
allow CHL Carry.

Other States have "locker Laws". I suspect that the potential problems have been worked out and all we need to do is found out how they solved the problem.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

stevie_d_64

Re: Gun lockers / Where / Why

Post by stevie_d_64 »

tomneal wrote:Other States have "locker Laws". I suspect that the potential problems have been worked out and all we need to do is found out how they solved the problem.
Bingo...

Utah would be a good starting point...All I know is they got an agreement that during the Olympics they would have them actually at ALL venues...Then there was some "crawfishing" and crying by the Olympic committee, and the State government went back on their agreement, but eventually I heard they complied, and that was that...

Everyone was happy, and that some of the facilities retained and made permanent these locker rooms for that very purpose...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

rb

Lockers

Post by rb »

I'm a Massachusetts resident visiting your forums. We don't have any "storage lockers", but the state courthouses in Massachusetts are very accomodaing if you want to check a carry gun - generally it ends up in someone's desk in a security office with your name on it.

In fact, if you get a MA permit (ranging from "as easy as TX" to "almost as hard as NYC" depending on the town you live in), there are far fewer restrictions on where you can carry than in MA, and a private venue may bad anything it wants - but cannot turn carry in violation of policy into a crime by posting a sign.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I wouldn't feel safe leaving mine in someone elses locker.
Lock it in the safe of my truck
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Goals for 2007”