HB 1067 Dealing with school parking lots, etc.

The Legislative Session is over - here are the results?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

HB 1067 Dealing with school parking lots, etc.

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is yet another bill dealing with school parking lots and garages. This is getting old folks. It also deals with air guns, and some other things.

TSRA is on it.

Chas.

fiftycal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB 1067 Dealing with school parking lots, etc.

Post by fiftycal »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Here is yet another bill dealing with school parking lots and garages. This is getting old folks. It also deals with air guns, and some other things.

TSRA is on it.

Chas.
I hope TSRA/NRA "gets on it". Isn't Hegar a newbie? When I spoke with "Jason" at his office, he had no idea the section in his bill would come back on CHL holders. Perhaps Hegar got fed a bill of goods. "Jason" said the bill came from school districts in the Rep's area.

I wonder why he would file this bill and at the same time file the bill that made CHL's easier to get for out of state residents?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: HB 1067 Dealing with school parking lots, etc.

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

fiftycal wrote:When I spoke with "Jason" at his office, he had no idea the section in his bill would come back on CHL holders. Perhaps Hegar got fed a bill of goods. "Jason" said the bill came from school districts in the Rep's area.

I wonder why he would file this bill and at the same time file the bill that made CHL's easier to get for out of state residents?
Fiftycal:
It is my understanding also he did not intend or realize the CHL effect. As you noted, he is carrying a bill TSRA wants to see passed (HB 1066), so I have reason to believe his office is being candid about the CHL portion of the bill. Rep. Hegar is a good guy on our issue, so it appears this is another constituent bill with lice.

Like all bills, it has to go to committee a/k/a the "fix-it shop." It'll be fixed, I'm sure. But, as I noted in another post about SB173, even exempting CHL holders is not enough. We don't need traps for people who are not CHL holders.

Regards,
Chas.

Return to “2005 Texas Legislative Session”