HB 1075 - Exempts LEO's from "No gun" signs

The Legislative Session is over - here are the results?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

Noway. An off duty LEO that is NOT on official business, has no business bringing a weapon onto private property against the property owners wishes. :mad:

jhutto

Post by jhutto »

"Perhaps my reasoning is archaic, but I think that implicit in the concept of private property is that the owner should generally be able to forbid anyone to enter his property for any reason, however arbitrary. I don't think LEOs, except on official business, should be exempt from that reasoning."

I agree 100%
Americans should NOT tolerate such a breach of their property rights.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Baytown wrote:I agree all the stupid gun laws should be removed. Bottom line is if youo are not a felon, carry away.

Just think of this all as one step closer to universal carry.

Glenn
I agree with almost all of what you have stated in this thread...And the dissagreement is only on the part where this is all leading to...

For all political and practical purposes, I am just not going to hold my breath on a universal/national/elimination of infringements, carry effort, for anyone, LEO or civilian...

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it, but there will always be enough Chucky Schumer's, Rebecca Peter's, Hillary Clinton's, Rudy Gulianni's, Mike "the gas will pass" Bloomberg's out there to keep this in check...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

stevie_d_64 wrote: For all political and practical purposes, I am just not going to hold my breath on a universal/national/elimination of infringements, carry effort, for anyone, LEO or civilian...

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it, but there will always be enough Chucky Schumer's, Rebecca Peter's, Hillary Clinton's, Rudy Gulianni's, Mike "the gas will pass" Bloomberg's out there to keep this in check...
I find it interesting that you named off 4 New Yorkers and 1 Australian, in a thread about a 1995 Texas House bill. It just goes to show where we feel our our biggest threats are comming from politically insignificant places, And why we should have pretty high expectations in 97.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Liberty wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote: For all political and practical purposes, I am just not going to hold my breath on a universal/national/elimination of infringements, carry effort, for anyone, LEO or civilian...

I find it interesting that you named off 4 New Yorkers and 1 Australian, in a thread about a 1995 Texas House bill. It just goes to show where we feel our our biggest threats are comming from politically insignificant places, And why we should have pretty high expectations in 97.
You halfway scared me to death posting that here...

Its only because I have a good memory to those who would walk right up, knock on my door and tell me to give them my firearms...

I doubt it would take much to figure out what would happen in that case...And to think I'm a pretty nice guy...At least some tell me that...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2005 Texas Legislative Session”