HB 823 action on our part?

The Legislative Session is over - here are the results?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

HB 823 action on our part?

Post by gigag04 »

Do we need to contact Rick Perry and ask him to favor this or is it past that point already?

I emailed his office about HB 1831 and got a nice letter from then thanking me for doing so. If we need to stay on them about 823 as well, I can do that too.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

dolanp
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dolanp »

If I'm not mistaken I think it becomes law if he just lets it sit until the 19th of June.

Anyone else know the specifics?
Springfield XD 9mm Service

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Bills become law either by the Governor signing them or simply not using his veto. HB823 should be just fine; HB 1831 could be vetoed, but I think the Governor's office has had enough contacts on that bill not to veto it. We'll soon know.

Regards,
Chas.

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gigag04 »

Yeah you posted up on it, and I remember about a bunch of us posted up saying we had contacted them.

Good to know that HB823 will do ok.

Another big advantage is if I leave my gun in my car (not a usually occurance, only when I go home in the pasture by my house) someone else can legally drive down the road to the other entrance. I guess that isn't that big, but having other people be able to have a gun in thier car w/o the CHL is nice.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

The only negative thing about HB823 is it takes away the argument I've been using to get my wife to agree to get her CHL. (What if we go somewhere and I leave the gun in the car and you drive it? :wink: )

But there's still hope she'll get it anyway because of the recent rash of holdups/carjackings in the local Super WalMart parking lot and Beaumont's #2 rank in the crime stats State wide. :shock:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Return to “2005 Texas Legislative Session”