Any PC gamers here?

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

74novaman
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Any PC gamers here?

Post by 74novaman »

Bump.

I'm excited about Diablo 3 coming out in less than 2 months. (5-15-12) :evil2:
TANSTAAFL

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I need a new laptop if I'm going to play anything worthwhile. I've considered ordering a cheap desktop to use out here since it would handle hot days a little better...

Still don't know if it's worth it though. My Toshiba won't handle anything much better than Half Life 2-based games on minimum graphics settings :totap:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

kevin888
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kevin888 »

Pc gamer of racing games like NFS series, Formula One etc... :thewave

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Russell wrote:It's not worth having a laptop to play games (imo)... you end up spending 10 times as much for a laptop to be able to pump out the same graphics quality as a $200 desktop with a $40 graphics card added to it.
Yeah, but a desktop would be stuck in my tent instead of being carried around with me :grumble

Doesn't matter though, I can't get a new laptop shipped over here with USPS's new lithium battery rules :banghead:

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldCannon »

MadMonkey wrote:
Doesn't matter though, I can't get a new laptop shipped over here with USPS's new lithium battery rules :banghead:
I think your CINC is mandating the use of solar panels anyway "rlol"
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Purplehood »

OldCannon wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
I think your CINC is mandating the use of solar panels anyway "rlol"
Renewable Solar Panels.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Bump. Anyone playing StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, CS:GO or BF3 feel free to PM me and we can play together. :mrgreen:
TANSTAAFL

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

I work on computers and networks for a living and I stopped buying expensive video cards and playing PC games when the Xbox 36- came out

I dont have a lot of time to "play " and I dont want to have to screw around for 30 minutes to get the PC setup to run the max frame rate so the game plays well.
The XBOX is so much easier - insert disk - turn on controller - enjoy game ... Time to enjoyment 90 seconds ... That maximizes the 20 or 30 mins Im able to carve out

Also there were far to many cheats and hacks in PC games - being an old guy I dont have the twitch reflexes the kids do - so Im already gonna lose - I dont also want to lose to cheaters...

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

92f-fan wrote:I work on computers and networks for a living and I stopped buying expensive video cards and playing PC games when the Xbox 36- came out

I dont have a lot of time to "play " and I dont want to have to screw around for 30 minutes to get the PC setup to run the max frame rate so the game plays well.
The XBOX is so much easier - insert disk - turn on controller - enjoy game ... Time to enjoyment 90 seconds ... That maximizes the 20 or 30 mins Im able to carve out

Also there were far to many cheats and hacks in PC games - being an old guy I dont have the twitch reflexes the kids do - so Im already gonna lose - I dont also want to lose to cheaters...
I highly prefer long, content-filled single player games to multiplayer, and always have really. I still play online now and then, but I'd rather play Skyrim while sipping on a Coke than scream and break controllers playing COD (which I've done, sadly... LOL "rlol").

PC gaming is awesome if you have a good setup. It does take some tweaking, but there are many PC-exclusive games that make it worth it to me.

FYI- I play 360 and PC, not a fanboy ;-)

sepiid

Post by sepiid »

i enjoy the L$D franchise. also, play mechwarrior and everquest 2

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Purplehood »

sepiid wrote:i enjoy the L$D franchise. also, play mechwarrior and everquest 2
Mechwarrior is still out there?