Need help with Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
CompVest
Posts in topic: 4

Need help with Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Post by CompVest »

Anyone a power user of Frontpage? I need some help on publishing an update to a page on my website. I will post details if there is someone that knows Frontpage well.

Thank you!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need help with Microsoft Frontpage 2003

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Ditto. I use DreamWeaver exclusively.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I thank you both for your recommendation but I don't like Dreamweaver and I am aware that FrontPage is discontinued. I just don't have any interest in buying and getting up to speed with another software.

I am still hoping to get a response to my cry for help with FrontPage.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Hey CV,

I haven't used Frontpage in several years, but I was proficient with it back then. I'll be more than happy to take a shot at it. Let me know!

:tiphat:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

particle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by particle »

I too have used Frontpage quite a bit, though it has been a couple/few years. I wouldn't necessarily say it's been discontinued - I've used their new product, Microsoft Expression Web, and didn't find it to be all that much different than the previous Frontpage version of the software. Can you give us more of an idea what you need help with?
http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I am trying to update a page on my website. I have made the changes and then when I publish them to the remote (my website) it makes the changes to my index page but not to the other (order page). It says briefly that the page was changed and then the stauts goes back to unchanged.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking about deleting the offending page from my website that needs changes and then seeing if the edited page will publish but I am chicken to try this!

Would either of you particle or pbwalker consider PMing your phone number for a call if needed?

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

CompVest wrote:I am trying to update a page on my website. I have made the changes and then when I publish them to the remote (my website) it makes the changes to my index page but not to the other (order page). It says briefly that the page was changed and then the stauts goes back to unchanged.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking about deleting the offending page from my website that needs changes and then seeing if the edited page will publish but I am chicken to try this!

Would either of you particle or pbwalker consider PMing your phone number for a call if needed?
Rather than delete the page, just rename it. If all works then you can delete it.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

particle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by particle »

Have you tried manually uploading your files via Windows Explorer and an FTP connection? I've typically shied away from the automated upload because I've run into similar problems - stuff getting "confused" between live and local versions.
http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I'll give that a shot. Thank you

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”