New PC planning time.

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New PC planning time.

Post by Commander Cody »

Have you looked at Allen-Bradley Retro Entabulator on U-Tube?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G.A. Heath »

Here's the thing I do like good sound, and in my experience the built in audio system generates more noise than an add on audio card, however the board I'm considering is supposed to have no issues in that regard, if it does I can simply go back to plan A. As for the power supply, I want a larger unit for future expansion as I have been known to max out a 750W unit in other machines. I don't play games so video cards are a lower priority to me. On an added note, I use my computer a lot and windows minimally.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G.A. Heath »

When it comes to power supplies Antec is the only way to go. After siting down and looking at the power specs for the components I plan to use a 700W unit is minimum, however I always want room to expand so I am still considering a 1000W unit.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Good program for once you build your system to do a burnin or full bore Processor RAM test is

http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”