Picture Size?

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 1

Picture Size?

Post by Commander Cody »

What size should a picture be for a successful post?
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Picture Size?

Post by gwashorn »

I wish to know as well. I know there is a limit for attachment and mine show up as an attachment in the thread. then you click on it to see it. Others I notice post pics that are full size in the message, easy to see when you read it. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Czech this out:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... cture+size" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:tiphat:

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gwashorn »

Oldgringo, yes and I have many ways I do this in my video production company, but I am wanting to understand how to embed the photos on this site and why mine come as attachments and others are full size in the message. I think the size limit here is a 256K pic. Thanks

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

dalto

Post by dalto »

AndyC wrote:
Commander Cody wrote:What size should a picture be for a successful post?
I tend towards a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels - in other words, I'll first resize a photo down to that size before posting it.
I used to do this but with screen result ions so rapidly on the rise I tend to use at least 1000 on the larger dimension now. An 800x600 picture on a 1920x1080 screen is pretty small.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

I use http://tinypic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I select "Message Board (640X480)" then upload.
In the "Direct link for layouts" field, click the provided url to highlight.
Right click to copy that, then paste it between the [ img ] [ /img ] brackets when making a post.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

800x600 is widely accepted as the "norm" for direct picture posting

If you have very large pictures then using the indirect html code to the picture is best.

If you are running XP you can resize an entire directory of pictures down to 800x600 in about 5 seconds!
Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Down ... rtoys.mspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Resizer
This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.
Sweet..looks like someone has re-written the XP powertoy to work on Vista and 7 (x86 and x64 versions)
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2 ... dows-7.ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”