Problem sending reply email in Outlook

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Problem sending reply email in Outlook

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I'm using Outlook 2003 on my year old laptop and a problem just developed. When I hit the "reply to all" button it sends a reply to everyone in the "TO" box but not those in the "CC" box. That's a new problem and it's a very big one! I've looked through all of the setting I can find and don't see anything related to this issue.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks,
Chas.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Problem sending reply email in Outlook

Post by Teamless »

I have used Outlook versions 2000, 2003, 2007 and have just yesterday changed to 2010.
On all of them, I never had that issue, which is very strange.

have you tried going to Control Panel / Add-remove Programs (or Programs and Preferences depending on your version of Windows) / and hit "change" or "repair" and had it run through the repair process?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 2

Post by i8godzilla »

Charles -

Are you using Outlook as a mail client behind and Exchange Server or is it a POP3/IMAP client? If behind an Exchange Server have any changes been made to the server?

Also, based on your message it appears you are using the "Reply to All" button, have you tried using the Menu item?

From Menu Bar - Actions >> Send to All

Also, try - Ctrl+Shift+R

If one of the two above methods work, then your email form may be corrupted. You can try to reset the toolbar and it may correct the issue. Normally a "Detect and Repair" will correct a corrupted form.

I'll ask our tech later today and see if she knows anything.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

I tried using the "Reply to All" in the Actions menu and it worked. I then tried the "Reply to All" button and now it works too. I have no idea why that would fix the problem but it did.

Thanks,
Chas.
i8godzilla wrote:Charles -

Are you using Outlook as a mail client behind and Exchange Server or is it a POP3/IMAP client? If behind an Exchange Server have any changes been made to the server?

Also, based on your message it appears you are using the "Reply to All" button, have you tried using the Menu item?

From Menu Bar - Actions >> Send to All

Also, try - Ctrl+Shift+R

If one of the two above methods work, then your email form may be corrupted. You can try to reset the toolbar and it may correct the issue. Normally a "Detect and Repair" will correct a corrupted form.

I'll ask our tech later today and see if she knows anything.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's like the three engineers riding down the road in a car and it suddenly goes completely dead and they coast to the side of the road.

The Mechanical Engineer says 'It has to be something mechanical to have caused it to just die like that.'

The Electrical Engineer says 'No, it has to be something in the electrical system to cause to to just stop'

The Microsoft Engineer says 'Just close all the windows, get out and get back in and it will start fine.'

:mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 2

Post by i8godzilla »

If you are behind an Exchange Server, and the original message was from a user in the same Exchange Server, the from the originator may have the reply all function modified. If it was from an outside sender, then I would suspect that Ninja's are to blame :biggrinjester:

Or like Keith B said......................

Glad it is working!
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

i8godzilla wrote:If you are behind an Exchange Server, and the original message was from a user in the same Exchange Server, the from the originator may have the reply all function modified. If it was from an outside sender, then I would suspect that Ninja's are to blame :biggrinjester:

Or like Keith B said......................

Glad it is working!
It's a POP3 account -- and it's still working!!!

Chas.

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

yes, upgrade to OUTLOOK 2010 and problem solved. Tigerdirect has best price.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”