Poll - I have an Iphone or Android and would use a app.

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

I would use a Android or Iphone Application to post on the forum

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Topic author
pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 1

Poll - I have an Iphone or Android and would use a app.

Post by pcgizzmo »

:deadhorse:

I know this is beating a dead horse possibly and I don't want to be a pain but one of these applications would be SO nice for those that travel and are on the go. It would help us keep up with the forum and as everyone is getting Android and Iphone's I'm sure it would really come in handy to stay on top of things. They are both FREE and from what I can tell fairly straight forward to install.

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.forumrunner.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am an IT guy and would be happy to help with anything technical if needed.

GeekwithaGun

Re: Poll - I have an Iphone or Android and would use a app.

Post by GeekwithaGun »

I have the iPhone and access the forum using the Safari browser. The screen is small, but I don't have a problem when I just need to search for something or get an update on a thread or PM.

If there are still security holes in the phpBB reader apps, care MUST be taken. I know from experience, one of my sites (using different software) was hacked and defaced the same day I was going to implement a security fix to close the security hole that allowed the hacker to do what they did. I had backups so my downtime was not significant, but is a pain to recover from not to mention the outage to the users of the site.

The security aspect should not to be taken lightly by those of us that host or manage web sites.
NRA Life Member

Keith B

Re: Poll - I have an Iphone or Android and would use a app.

Post by Keith B »

I have stated before that it is an issue with security on the applications, and not a technical issue of installing them. So unless you can get the code, lock down the holes in the software and prove that it is secure, I don't believe Charles is going to install it.

So, quit :deadhorse: and the thread is being locked.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”