Logging in?

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BoneDigger
Posts in topic: 1

Logging in?

Post by BoneDigger »

Why is it that although I check the "Keep me logged in" button, I have to log in each time I visit the site?

Todd

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mithras61 »

If your browser discards all cookies when you shut it down or (depending on the browser) when you leave the site, you might have to log in each time you visit.

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

I've got the same problem, what should I do to correct it?

JLaw

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mithras61 »

It all depends on the browser & version you have.

In Internet Explorer, check the Tools - Internet Options settings & look for a Content tab. If you have it, add texaschlforum to the sites and set it to always allow.

If you have Firefox, look in Tools - Options and look for the Privacy tab. You will probably want to keep cookies until they expire.

If you have a different browser, it will depend on the specifics of the browser.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Sometimes when I get a "malformed reply" error and hit "try again", I get dumped out to the login screen. When I log in, I lose the "unread posts" option, because it thinks this is the second visit, when the first one never really connected.

That only happens at work, though.

Kevin

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”