How to view blocked websites at work!

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

How to view blocked websites at work!

Post by LSUTiger »

Texaschlforum.com is blocked at my place of employment. A way around this is to enter the web address using google translate. It will mask the web address. Go to google translate, enter web address, translate from english to spanish (or anything else, and view original (not translation).

It has some limitations and quirks like not being able login to post comments or view some pics or simetimes navigation is hindered but for the most part you can surf the site reasonably well.

Hang ten my friends!
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Jumping Frog

Re: How to view blocked websites at work!

Post by Jumping Frog »

Or simply use a proxy server.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

Or use a cell phone.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Or, do your job.

You can look at the forum on your own time...

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Abraham wrote:Or, do your job.

HA, lunch hour is our time, now say don't use company equipment! "rlol"
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

suthdj wrote:
Abraham wrote:Or, do your job.

HA, lunch hour is our time, now say don't use company equipment! "rlol"
Get a smartphone, problem solved, not posting limitations. Touchscreens sukc for spelilng thuogh.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Hindenburg

Post by Hindenburg »

LSUTiger wrote:Texaschlforum.com is blocked at my place of employment. A way around this is to enter the web address using google translate. It will mask the web address. Go to google translate, enter web address, translate from english to spanish (or anything else, and view original (not translation).

It has some limitations and quirks like not being able login to post comments or view some pics or simetimes navigation is hindered but for the most part you can surf the site reasonably well.

Hang ten my friends!
If they care enough they can figure out the traffic. I think a smart phone or tablet is the way to go unless you don't care if they suspect you may be carrying.

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

Employees are fired for using a proxy server or other tricks to bypass the corporate firewall. You may get away with it for a while but you should know the risks.

And no whining. :mrgreen:
Last edited by hillfighter on Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Hindenburg wrote:
LSUTiger wrote:Texaschlforum.com is blocked at my place of employment. A way around this is to enter the web address using google translate. It will mask the web address. Go to google translate, enter web address, translate from english to spanish (or anything else, and view original (not translation).

Hang ten my friends!
If they care enough they can figure out the traffic. I think a smart phone or tablet is the way to go unless you don't care if they suspect you may be carrying.
Yeah. I used to turn off my cell phone's wifi when I was at work, just because I didn't want my phone checking personal email for me on the company network.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Dave2 wrote:
Hindenburg wrote:

Hang ten my friends!
Yeah. I used to turn off my cell phone's wifi when I was at work, just because I didn't want my phone checking personal email for me on the company network.
If you want to get out to the internet disable the proxy settings in your browser. Give it a try, if it works your company may have weak security. Also be aware of the acceptable use policy at your company.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”