Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dolanp
Posts in topic: 1

Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005

Post by dolanp »

Rep. Ron Paul (TX) has introduced the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005 which would remove all of the 'sporting purposes' tests and clauses from the Internal Revenue Code and the United States Code. It would also remove power from the Attorney General.

This would be a great win for citizens against the arbitrary and unconstitutional determinations made by the Attorney General and the BATFE.

Link to HR1703.

Write your local representative and tell them to cosponsor and support this bill.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalrog »

The only thing about Ron Paul that ticks me off is that I never have the oportunity to vote for him since I am not in his district...

SFC Stu

Ron Paul is OK!

Post by SFC Stu »

Kalrog, you may not be able to vote for him, I can't either! He says what's right and does what's right! We can't vote for him, but I have sent money to him in the last 2 elections! SFC Stu

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalrog »

I actually haven't sent money to him as he usually runs unopposed - he would wipe the floor with anyone that tried!

But I do use him as an example of how my other representatives should vote. Cornyn, Hutchison, Carter, ...

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

With the redistricting I voted for Ron Paul in the last election. He did run unopposed last time, but in the past, on occasion, the democrats and even some republicans have tried to oppose him.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Federal”