Senate must not consent to Merrick Garland

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Senate must not consent to Merrick Garland

Post by mojo84 »

This guy will do significant damage to 2nd Amendment rights. Word is quite a few republican GOP establishment highly regard him.

http://www.nationalreview.com/bench-mem ... ck-garland

He would reverse Heller.

On top of that, he is from Chicago.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Senate must not consent to Merrick Garland

Post by Pariah3j »

I'm hoping this election cycle has taught the 'establishment' republicans a thing or 2 and that they will stick to their guns and not even allow the POTUS nomination a hearing, much less confirm any 'moderates' that he puts up.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

They should not accept any nominations from Obama
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Call your Congressman.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

mojo84 wrote:This guy will do significant damage to 2nd Amendment rights. Word is quite a few republican GOP establishment highly regard him.

He would reverse Heller. On top of that, he is from Chicago.
Good article mojo84. Thanks for posting. It would mean the end of 2A rights as we know it, if this guy makes it to the S.C.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

joe817 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:This guy will do significant damage to 2nd Amendment rights. Word is quite a few republican GOP establishment highly regard him.

He would reverse Heller. On top of that, he is from Chicago.
Good article mojo84. Thanks for posting. It would mean the end of 2A rights as we know it, if this guy makes it to the S.C.
:iagree: Thanks for posting.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

atx2a
Posts in topic: 3

Post by atx2a »

Looks like McConnell made it pretty clear again today that they will not even allow a hearing. Hope that's true.
Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Pariah3j wrote:I'm hoping this election cycle has taught the 'establishment' republicans a thing or 2 and that they will stick to their guns and not even allow the POTUS nomination a hearing, much less confirm any 'moderates' that he puts up.
Oh...not even. They are doubling down in fact by trying to steal the nomination from Trump and install a Ryan/Kasich ticket. And I am most decidedly NOT a Trump voter, I just hate subversion of the will of the voters.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:I'm hoping this election cycle has taught the 'establishment' republicans a thing or 2 and that they will stick to their guns and not even allow the POTUS nomination a hearing, much less confirm any 'moderates' that he puts up.
Oh...not even. They are doubling down in fact by trying to steal the nomination from Trump and install a Ryan/Kasich ticket. And I am most decidedly NOT a Trump voter, I just hate subversion of the will of the voters.
It's come down to the last two people the establishment wanted vying for candidacy. It's a beautiful thing. :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pariah3j »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
It's come down to the last two people the establishment wanted vying for candidacy. It's a beautiful thing. :cheers2:
:iagree:

Some talking heads have suggested Ryan/Kasich - but others have said they plan to allow the process work, and the likelyhood of someone other then the 2 frontrunners being a valid or accepted choice would be a fools errand. I wonder if in the end that Cruz will get their backing because there has been alot of 'guess we'll have to eat crow' type comments about Cruz from people like Gramnesty and others of his ilk.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

The Biden Rule.

:clapping: :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

mojo84 wrote:The Biden Rule.

:clapping: :lol:
Liberals like to think that only applied to when it benefited them, not when it could benefit the other side! :thumbs2:
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

VIA Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SenateDems/status/7 ... 4999806976
from
@SenateDems
Senate Democrats
Verified account
284,000 Followers

8 Republicans now willing to meet with Garland:

Collins
Flake
Ayotte
Kirk
Portman
Inhofe
Grassley
Cochran
`

McConnell spoke to Garland by phone today. He won't meet with him. Readout via McConnell's office: see https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/7 ... 2330080257
mc.jpg
Last edited by NotRPB on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Federal”