It appears that GOP is doing what the left wants

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: It appears that GOP is doing what the left wants

Post by joe817 »

mojo84 wrote:My prayer is that it doesn't come down between Hillary and Trump.
I totally agree. That's my biggest fear.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

mojo84 wrote:My prayer is that it doesn't come down between Hillary and Trump.
That seems to be the most likely outcome currently, unless the Republicans buck the people that elected them.

Hillary's stance on guns, I don't like. However, I'm not a single issue voter. I'm much more offended by her lack of transparency and treating the general public like we are all a bunch of idiots.

In terms of who would be a bigger disaster in the white house, I think that's pretty clear in my mind.

I know quite a few voters that voted for Trump just to help snowball the disaster and blow up the political system. That doesn't strike me as the worst idea in the world either...

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 5

Post by OldCannon »

cb1000rider wrote: I know quite a few voters that voted for Trump just to help snowball the disaster and blow up the political system. That doesn't strike me as the worst idea in the world either...
Supposedly, this was posted by Ted Nugent on his Facebook page a couple of days ago...(edited to adhere to forum rules)

At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO (censored) special!
Obama is against Trump
The Media is against Trump
The establishment Democrats are against Trump
The establishment Republicans are against Trump
The Pope is against Trump
The UN is against Trump
The EU is against Trump
China is against Trump
Mexico is against Trump
Soros is against Trump
Black Lives Matter is against Trump
MoveOn.Org is against Trump
Koch Bro's are against Trump
Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump
Bonus points

Cher says she will leave the country
Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
Whoopi says she will leave the country
Rosie says she will leave the country
Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

OldCannon wrote:
cb1000rider wrote: I know quite a few voters that voted for Trump just to help snowball the disaster and blow up the political system. That doesn't strike me as the worst idea in the world either...
Supposedly, this was posted by Ted Nugent on his Facebook page a couple of days ago...(edited to adhere to forum rules)

At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO (censored) special!
Obama is against Trump
The Media is against Trump
The establishment Democrats are against Trump
The establishment Republicans are against Trump
The Pope is against Trump
The UN is against Trump
The EU is against Trump
China is against Trump
Mexico is against Trump
Soros is against Trump
Black Lives Matter is against Trump
MoveOn.Org is against Trump
Koch Bro's are against Trump
Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump
Bonus points

Cher says she will leave the country
Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
Whoopi says she will leave the country
Rosie says she will leave the country
Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!
He's a businessman, and as such, he demonstrates flexibility to achieve the success of his objectives. That makes him iffy and inconsistent to many purists, on both sides.
He is also unpredictable for both sides, and they fear him.
He has a very large family, grandchildren etc. and running for office he has put his own safety and that of his family at an exponentialy high risk from Mexican cartels to ISIS to Soros and his thugs.
Man is not stupid and he wouldn't be doing this for effect. He has plenty of money, exposure, publicity etc.
Almost every hot botton topic eminated from him, like it or not.
He is supported by likes of Jerry Fallwell Jr.,
Sherrif Joe, Border Patrol Union (which traditionally almost never backed a presidential candidate), National Black Republicans, Senator Session and other prominent leaders and groups.
I don't agree with Trump on many issues, however, at this time, I trust him more then I trust the career politicians who are very smooth indeed.

Either way it goes, if you're looking for perfection, just buy a Glock. :tiphat:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

parabelum wrote:Either way it goes, if you're looking for perfection, just buy a Glock. :tiphat:
And about 10,000 rounds of ammo......either way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

As a businessman he's also demonstrated a rich history full of substantial and catastrophic failures as well as great success. I'd characterize it as a methodology of great risks and great rewards. He seems to do it with other people's money, which isn't at all that different from running the government. Do you disagree with this characterization? If not, is this the type of person that you want running the most powerful country in the world?

I don't think he's stupid. I do think he's ungroomed for international politics and is dangerous on that front due to the lack of a filter.

I don't think the risk to his family plays as a factor. You're presenting it like he's some sort of altruistic benefactor that's doing this for America. He'd probably agree with you.

Most of the (few) very wealthy people that I know still work. They don't work to maintain their wealth. They work because they enjoy the power and position. A few of them would admit it. My guess is that Trump is one of these. He's accomplished most of what one can accomplish in business. What's the ultimate position of power? US President...

Return to “Federal”