Is Boehner to be believed?

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is Boehner to be believed?

Post by anygunanywhere »

I hope all of you are ready for President Hillery.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

I've seen more garbage thrown from gop #1 and #2 back and forth that I'm sick of them all.

For all his imperfections, Trump will likely be the nominee, and yes, if this keeps up from both sides, we are liable to have that witch in WH.

Charade either way

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Just bought a 1911 .45 (private party sale). Now time to order a pallet of .45 ACP.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Tracker

Post by Tracker »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/04/bo ... the-flesh/

Boehner described other Republican candidates as friends. In particular, the former speaker said he has played golf with Donald Trump for years and that they were “texting buddies.”

(added) Boehner also will vote for Trump if he is the nominee, but is #NeverCruz:

Boehner for the most part accepted Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee, though he did express his surprise at the candidate’s success. While he did not praise Trump’s policies, the Speaker did say he would vote for Trump in the general election if he becomes the Republican nominee. The former Speaker said he would not, however, vote for Cruz.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

Listening to "When the music's over". Just bore sighted my new .308, about to head out to 100 yards in a bit...
Howa Axiom 1500 nighteater edition, we shall see how she does...

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

Beiruty wrote:GOP .....the m̶e̶s̶s̶a̶g̶e̶ party will self-destruct in ... 3....2......1.... :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
\
Fixed it for you. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Scott Farkus »

Pawpaw wrote:
Beiruty wrote:GOP .....the m̶e̶s̶s̶a̶g̶e̶ party will self-destruct in ... 3....2......1.... :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
\
Fixed it for you. :tiphat:
I don't see how we avoid it at this point.

I know it's fun to poke fun, and certainly the current GOP leaves much to be desired, but this has very dire implications. You think the left has been getting their way now, just wait until Hillary is president and we lose the Senate and maybe even the House, and she gets 3 or 4 Supreme Court picks.

It's not hyperbole to say that the Constitution is not going to survive this. I don't know what comes next, but it won't be what we have now.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:Boehner's comments equal a strong endorsement for Cruz in my opinion. The more the Boehners and McConnells dislike and trash Cruz, the more I like him.

Weak minded people do not like it when people with strong principles stand up to them. This kind of talk only does more damage to the faltering GOP.
:iagree: 1,000%

Not sure why Cruz hasnt played it as a resounding confirmation of his outsider status.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Please note: Cruz did not call Boehner any names in return.

Boehner, McConnell, and crew are directly responsible for the GOP's internal battle right now by having been imperially unresponsive to the voice of the grass roots. And their response today is to respond to the two candidates who do represent those voters by calling them names, and trying to use party rules in a "rules for thee, but not for me" fashion to shut out one of the candidates, and to marginalize the others.

I'm not a republican any longer. Haven't been one since 2012. I'm a proudly independent Liberative Conservatarian, and more than willing to consider more libertarian options. I've been burned by the democrat party after years of membership, and I've been burned by the republican party after years of membership. I believe myself to be uniquely qualified as an impartial observer of both parties. And while I would prefer the nomination of Cruz over Trump, I will not be casting my vote for either of them. (In fact, this recent primary is the first time I've abstained from voting since I first became eligible to vote, a little over 4 decades ago.) This is my observation:

The GOP leadership has accused Trump supporters of wanting to "burn the party down" to get their man elected, but here's what really happened. The leaders liberally (I use that word intentionally) poured gasoline all over the party, passed out matches, and then dared anyone to strike a match. The Trump supporters - angry enough to do just that if pushed - struck the match. Now the party leaders are daring them to throw the lit match on the gasoline soaked party. And they will do exactly that if they don't get their way. Cruz is enough of a party man that he will likely accept the convention's outcome if it goes against him. Trump, who has been a GOP "party man" for about 5 minutes longer than Hillary Clinton (who may really be a man under the clothes and makeup, but has never been a republican), will not accept the outcome of the convention if it goes against him. His supporters will toss that lit match on the liberally-gasoline-soaked party, and that will be the end of the GOP as a relevant force in American politics. We will become a nation ruled by a monolithic democrat party, and the opposition (such as it is) will consist of coalitions of otherwise warring factions with a common enemy.

THAT is what the "wisdom" of the GOP elders has brought us to.......the end of the Republic. Boehner can go suck an egg.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

Here is some clarification on the prior relationship between Cruz and Boehner some are bringing up.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-sa ... n-boehner/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Ahh, here's a recent comment from conservative columnist David Brooks:

"The Lucifer comment really resonated with a lot of people. I thought it was a nicely understated, generous comment."

Of all the commentators, Brooks is my favorite and so I think this answers my question.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

dale blanker wrote:Ahh, here's a recent comment from conservative columnist David Brooks:

"The Lucifer comment really resonated with a lot of people. I thought it was a nicely understated, generous comment."

Of all the commentators, Brooks is my favorite and so I think this answers my question.
What question does this answer?

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Please note: Cruz did not call Boehner any names in return.

Boehner, McConnell, and crew are directly responsible for the GOP's internal battle right now by having been imperially unresponsive to the voice of the grass roots. And their response today is to respond to the two candidates who do represent those voters by calling them names, and trying to use party rules in a "rules for thee, but not for me" fashion to shut out one of the candidates, and to marginalize the others.

I'm not a republican any longer. Haven't been one since 2012. I'm a proudly independent Liberative Conservatarian, and more than willing to consider more libertarian options. I've been burned by the democrat party after years of membership, and I've been burned by the republican party after years of membership. I believe myself to be uniquely qualified as an impartial observer of both parties. And while I would prefer the nomination of Cruz over Trump, I will not be casting my vote for either of them. (In fact, this recent primary is the first time I've abstained from voting since I first became eligible to vote, a little over 4 decades ago.) This is my observation:

The GOP leadership has accused Trump supporters of wanting to "burn the party down" to get their man elected, but here's what really happened. The leaders liberally (I use that word intentionally) poured gasoline all over the party, passed out matches, and then dared anyone to strike a match. The Trump supporters - angry enough to do just that if pushed - struck the match. Now the party leaders are daring them to throw the lit match on the gasoline soaked party. And they will do exactly that if they don't get their way. Cruz is enough of a party man that he will likely accept the convention's outcome if it goes against him. Trump, who has been a GOP "party man" for about 5 minutes longer than Hillary Clinton (who may really be a man under the clothes and makeup, but has never been a republican), will not accept the outcome of the convention if it goes against him. His supporters will toss that lit match on the liberally-gasoline-soaked party, and that will be the end of the GOP as a relevant force in American politics. We will become a nation ruled by a monolithic democrat party, and the opposition (such as it is) will consist of coalitions of otherwise warring factions with a common enemy.

THAT is what the "wisdom" of the GOP elders has brought us to.......the end of the Republic
. Boehner can go suck an egg.
Good observations and your gasoline analogy is spot on.

However, on the assumption the Trump gets the nomination, I would beseech you and others to please choke it down one more time and vote for him. I completely understand why you would not, but the highlighted section above says it all. Hillary will indeed be the end of the Republic as we know it. At the very least, Trump might buy us a little time to get a plan together to save it. Maybe.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

In defense of Boehner see

http://www1.realclearpolitics.com/video ... sense.html

And Brit's list does not even include Immigration Reform which seemed pretty good and included a lot of additional border security.

Anyway the conclusion that Brit makes is that the inability to get things done is the fault of both parties and the result is a stalemate. Maybe a little less bigotry and a little more common sense would help.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Return to “Federal”