Cruz is out.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cruz is out.

Post by jason812 »

I did my part to try to keep Obama from being elected, twice. Does that mean I blame every body that stayed home or voted 3rd party for him being elected, no. I blame the Republican party for giving us McCain and Romney. I don't blame the people that didn't want to vote for them for Obama's election. For all those that want to blame me if I don't vote for Trump, it's not a 100 percent no, for Hillary winning, do you blame those that didn't vote for McCain or Romney or do you blame the party that put them on the ballot?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

jason812 wrote:I did my part to try to keep Obama from being elected, twice. Does that mean I blame every body that stayed home or voted 3rd party for him being elected, no. I blame the Republican party for giving us McCain and Romney. I don't blame the people that didn't want to vote for them for Obama's election. For all those that want to blame me if I don't vote for Trump, it's not a 100 percent no, for Hillary winning, do you blame those that didn't vote for McCain or Romney or do you blame the party that put them on the ballot?
I blame the system... We calculate election winners in pretty much the single worst way possible. I don't know if the founding fathers were simply unaware of its faults, or if practical realities forced their hands, but this whole "first past the post" system has to go.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Dave2 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:As I've said before, I was a Cruz supporter. That said, I agree with much of your post. Many Cruz supporters are more than happy to accept the media's attacks on Trump as true, while bemoaning their dishonest attacks on Cruz.

I must confess that when I read scathing attacks on Trump by supposedly pro-gun folks, I wonder why they don't just use a Hillary for President image as their avatar. You may not like the boat we're in, but drilling holes in the hull is not an answer.

Chas.
Respectfully, I, and I think a few others of us, have come to view this whole "vote for the least offensive candidate who can win" game as drilling holes in the hull as well.
Answer this, do you view Clinton as being preferable as President? If the answer is yes, then there's nothing for us to discuss.

Chas.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:As I've said before, I was a Cruz supporter. That said, I agree with much of your post. Many Cruz supporters are more than happy to accept the media's attacks on Trump as true, while bemoaning their dishonest attacks on Cruz.

I must confess that when I read scathing attacks on Trump by supposedly pro-gun folks, I wonder why they don't just use a Hillary for President image as their avatar. You may not like the boat we're in, but drilling holes in the hull is not an answer.

Chas.
Respectfully, I, and I think a few others of us, have come to view this whole "vote for the least offensive candidate who can win" game as drilling holes in the hull as well.
Answer this, do you view Clinton as being preferable as President? If the answer is yes, then there's nothing for us to discuss.

Chas.
Maybe he thinks it is "OK" because he is only drilling holes under his seat.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jason812 wrote:I did my part to try to keep Obama from being elected, twice. Does that mean I blame every body that stayed home or voted 3rd party for him being elected, no. I blame the Republican party for giving us McCain and Romney. I don't blame the people that didn't want to vote for them for Obama's election. For all those that want to blame me if I don't vote for Trump, it's not a 100 percent no, for Hillary winning, do you blame those that didn't vote for McCain or Romney or do you blame the party that put them on the ballot?
The Republican Party didn't give us Trump, McCain or Romney. Registered Republican voters made that decision. People who didn't get the candidate want to blame the "establishment" and the "Party" but voters determine the candidate.

Yes, I blame anyone who sat out an election and didn't vote against Clinton and Obama and I'll do likewise with anyone who doesn't vote against Clinton II. I'll pull the lever for Trump, but I'll be voting for gun owners and the Second Amendment and against Clinton.

Chas.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

All of those with this incredible self righteous indignation, why don't YOU show to be a better man then Trump and be a part of solution and NOT, as stated earlier, drill additional holes into the hull.
Why don't you show all the leftist ignoramuses out there not your rear end, but your Statesman-like approach to winning.
As Trump supporter, had Cruz won I would have backed him. Ditto for Rubio, Kasich etc etc etc.
Frankly, what I am beginning to find beyond contempt is the attitude by holier-than-thou crowd towards people who happen to support Trump, whether they are supporting him now or from day one.
There is more enmity aimed at those of us who want to have at least a shred of a chance of keeping something for our children then for the commies on the other side.
Every opportunity in this thread to reconcile things and work together has been met with animosity and arguments that do ZERO to help any of us.

Personally, henceforth I will look at members who continue to bash and beat the dead horse no different then people who want to destroy my Country, since they are heck bent on running it all into the ground it seems. If I'm wrong, then prove me wrong by showing all of us how you can help drive us to victory, in a pragmatic way.

Keep your Glenn Beck fanaticism off of my throat. I have tasted the outcome of a similar group in a different place and at a different time, very clear where it leads to.

Come to think of it, are any of the folks on here perhaps working for the other side, trying to stir the pot, divide and conquer British style maybe?

Several members offered cerebral inputs worth considering, but the non stop bashing is getting to be ridiculous, to say the least.
Last edited by parabelum on Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Dave2 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Dave2 wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
Of course not. I just don't want to treat politics like a game anymore. The idea is that everyone is supposed to vote for who they think is best, not who they think has the best chance of winning.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

gdanaher
Banned

Post by gdanaher »

All this spit and argue amongst Texans is for naught. This is a Republican state and has been for awhile. When Midland County votes Democratic, then you will have something to argue about. If the Congress continues its present course of discourse, there may be no concern at all for the loss of gun rights regardless of who is sitting in the wh. It would require Congress to act, and they have ground to a halt, the mortar has cured, and nothing is likely to change that in the foreseeable future.

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Not the most conservative source, but still somewhat enlightening. Unless "Solidly Democrat" or "Leans Democrat" states switch, all the Democrat candidate has to do is get 1-2 swing states and they are in.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/politics/ ... index.html

Seems like an uphill battle to me with as divisive a nominee as Trump is likely to be. I think we're seeing 2008 and 2012 all over again.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

I do not like Trump. I think he is the second worst possible candidate for president in the running this year, of all the parties including the minority ones. Nevertheless, I am urging everyone to vote for Trump in November.

I have said, and still believe that Trump does not want to win. I think he is running solely to act as a spoiler so that Hillary can win. Trump is, IMO, solely motivated by profit and there is no profit in being president. There is a lot of profit in having the president owe you for putting her there. Trump and Hillary are good friends, too good for me to believe he will run against her. This leads me to believe he has it made now for his goal and he will start to flake out and throw the main election.

So, I am urging everyone to vote for him no matter what. It is payback for his attempt to game the elections system. Put him in office and watch what happens. He will have to put all of his investments in a blind trust and take a huge pay cut to the president's salary. While this would be great for you or me to live on, I don't think Trump can afford to do this. It will make him miserable. So this is my revenge on Trump for playing around with the election.

BTW, the worst possible candidate is Hillary. I will do anything to keep her out of office, even suffering through Trump for four years. Voting for Trump keeps her out and gets revenge on him at the same time. It is the closest I can come to a win this election season.
Steve Rothstein

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bmwrdr »

I hate to see ted Cruz going. I'll vote for the republican candidate in an effort to keep the goat out of the garden.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bmwrdr »

srothstein wrote:I do not like Trump. I think he is the second worst possible candidate for president in the running this year, of all the parties including the minority ones. Nevertheless, I am urging everyone to vote for Trump in November.

I have said, and still believe that Trump does not want to win. I think he is running solely to act as a spoiler so that Hillary can win. Trump is, IMO, solely motivated by profit and there is no profit in being president. There is a lot of profit in having the president owe you for putting her there. Trump and Hillary are good friends, too good for me to believe he will run against her. This leads me to believe he has it made now for his goal and he will start to flake out and throw the main election.

So, I am urging everyone to vote for him no matter what. It is payback for his attempt to game the elections system. Put him in office and watch what happens. He will have to put all of his investments in a blind trust and take a huge pay cut to the president's salary. While this would be great for you or me to live on, I don't think Trump can afford to do this. It will make him miserable. So this is my revenge on Trump for playing around with the election.

BTW, the worst possible candidate is Hillary. I will do anything to keep her out of office, even suffering through Trump for four years. Voting for Trump keeps her out and gets revenge on him at the same time. It is the closest I can come to a win this election season.

I guess we have an identical mindset and it would figure.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VoiceofReason »

Reading this thread reminds me of a self-flagellation ritual. "rlol"

Folks it is not the end of the world and we are not going to give up our guns. To repeat part of my post on page 3, we have come too far and have the majority of public opinion on our side, "I don’t think Hillary, Michael Bloomberg or anyone else can do anything to institute “meaningful gun control” except get the U.S. public “up in arms”.

No matter who is elected president, if they go too far there are provisions in the constitution for impeachment.

Whoever is elected president, we must now look a little further than gun rights to what is good for the country. The country got this screwed up because good, hard working, law abiding people kept silent and let the loudest voices and those with the most money “drive the wagon”. We need to get more involved, but we also need to be well informed about what we are getting involved with.

The country will survive no matter who is elected president. :patriot: I believe there are some rough times ahead but if we love our country we all need to work together to save it.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

VoiceofReason wrote:Reading this thread reminds me of a self-flagellation ritual. "rlol"

Folks it is not the end of the world and we are not going to give up our guns. To repeat part of my post on page 3, we have come too far and have the majority of public opinion on our side, "I don’t think Hillary, Michael Bloomberg or anyone else can do anything to institute “meaningful gun control” except get the U.S. public “up in arms”.

No matter who is elected president, if they go too far there are provisions in the constitution for impeachment.

Whoever is elected president, we must now look a little further than gun rights to what is good for the country. The country got this screwed up because good, hard working, law abiding people kept silent and let the loudest voices and those with the most money “drive the wagon”. We need to get more involved, but we also need to be well informed about what we are getting involved with.

The country will survive no matter who is elected president. :patriot: I believe there are some rough times ahead but if we love our country we all need to work together to save it.
I would like to believe what you say is true, and I understand (I think) what leads you to say that. However, one of the things that defines a nation is a shared culture. If this nation continues to allow people to pour in at the rate they are coming in, and then allow them to retain the culture they bring with them, and ignore the prevailing culture of this nation, this nation will cease to exist as we know it. There may continue to be a country called the United States of America, but it won't be anything that any of us would recognize. The Roman Empire got overrun by successive waves of "barbarians" and eventually, the Roman Empire was lost. I'm not saying we are the exact same as them, but history can be instructive if we allow it to teach us.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:Reading this thread reminds me of a self-flagellation ritual. "rlol"

I would like to believe what you say is true, and I understand (I think) what leads you to say that. However, one of the things that defines a nation is a shared culture. If this nation continues to allow people to pour in at the rate they are coming in, and then allow them to retain the culture they bring with them, and ignore the prevailing culture of this nation, this nation will cease to exist as we know it. There may continue to be a country called the United States of America, but it won't be anything that any of us would recognize. The Roman Empire got overrun by successive waves of "barbarians" and eventually, the Roman Empire was lost. I'm not saying we are the exact same as them, but history can be instructive if we allow it to teach us.
Bingo.
As generation 0 LEGAl immigrant who came here 18 years ago, I can tell you that I have in this relatively short amount of time witnessed enormous erosion of our culture.
I will always remember where I was born, but my allegiance is to this Country and this Culture. I could care less of the banana republic I left behind, or the "culture" that resulted in death of many friends and family members that were left behind.
I didn't come here so that I can watch Mexican flags waiving in my Country, and the culture I admired and yearned for being chipped away little by little.
No sir. I will do everything in my power to elect a person that I believe will put an end to all that, even if it's temporary. The only person right now capable and willing to do so is Trump, that alone seals the deal for ME.

And all leftist bots monitoring this forum, take note of what this immigrant had to say.

Return to “Federal”