Tonight's debate

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Tonight's debate

Post by mojo84 »

Who won and why? Will it make a difference?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tonight's debate

Post by parabelum »

Trump won by highlighting what that witch and her despicable husband have done to woman, our Nation, inner cities, and the healthcare system, just to name few.

First few minutes I thought he was done. But then became back with strongest pivot I've seen in a long time if not ever. 39 minutes later, nobody cared what Trump said 11 years ago and her campaign fascists knew that witch is in trouble, hence the profane tweet towards Trump.

Will it make difference? I believe so. I think tonight we saw the melting of her rotten campaign begin to manifest.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

parabelum wrote:Trump won by highlighting what that witch and her despicable husband have done to woman, our Nation, inner cities, and the healthcare system, just to name few.

First few minutes I thought he was done. But then became back with strongest pivot I've seen in a long time if not ever. 39 minutes later, nobody cared what Trump said 11 years ago and her campaign fascists knew that witch is in trouble, hence the profane tweet towards Trump.

Will it make difference? I believe so. I think tonight we saw the melting of her rotten campaign begin to manifest.

I agree with these comments.

I also think he won the last question. She took the "easy out". He actually put a little thought into it and came up with a good answer.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

To be honest, I think that the results served to confirm the opinions of each candidate's supporters, but I'm not sure how much either one swayed the single largest voting block - Independents. Trump makes some great points, and his statement that he'd prosecute Clinton if he is elected certainly served to get Clinton-haters' salivary juices flowing (which includes me, by the way). But the flip side of that is this: we have a long history of NOT prosecuting malfeasance after an election is over. Nobody prosecuted (republican) Richard Nixon for Watergate, and yet he was clearly involved in a criminal conspiracy. Nobody prosecuted (democrat) Bill Clinton for rape, and yet he has at least as many accusers as Bill Cosby has; and frankly, disbarment doesn't seem to have hurt his financial prospects one little bit. When it comes to politics, this country seems to be traditionally satisfied with simply getting rid of a bad egg by ending their political career.

Let me be clear..... I am NOT saying she shouldn't be prosecuted. What I AM saying is that I don't think that Trump's threat will resonate well with independents - particularly undecided independents. So whether or not you agree with him, I think that was a risky gambit.....if that analysis makes sense to anyone.

I missed the first half hour unintentionally. I had simply let time get away from me, and didn't turn it on until 8:30, so I don't know what I missed in that first half hour.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

Hilary is mentally retarded if she believes that she can lie about deleting Government emails and anyone can believe her at this point. She is not only thinks she living in another reality, but she keeps lying about it. Stupidity.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Beiruty, too many are ill informed in this day and age. Identity politics -- both name recognition and name calling -- has proven effective for some politicians, and a great number of them seem to ascribe to the philosophy that if you tell the same lie enough times folks will begin to believe it. The uninformed -- and too often unthinking -- masses have often been the key to election success if they can be convinced to actually vote, and Killary and her progressive cohorts are counting on them.

The difference I see in this election involves other folks who often turn out in relatively low numbers for an election -- the ones who are liberty-minded fiscal conservatives that don't always feel that their vote counts for much. This group is angrier and therefore more likely to show up to vote than they have been in many years.

Whichever side is able to rally their supporters best is likely to carry the day. God help us if the progressives take the presidency, or even worse the presidency and at least one of the legislative bodies.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Beiruty wrote:Hilary is mentally retarded if she believes that she can lie about deleting Government emails and anyone can believe her at this point. She is not only thinks she living in another reality, but she keeps lying about it. Stupidity.
Unfortunately, a large percentage of voting adults believes everything she says and disregards everything anyone who opposes her says.

TAM is right - it's about what the Independent (if they really are) voters believe is the right path for the nation.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Hillary said she would take the high road, if that was true she should stop bashing Trump and pull her ads on TV. Mostly what I heard, could only take about 20 minutes, she was just talking about Trump.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

In latest wikileak if the quotes are accurate. Hillary attacked both Muslims and Black people, so I had to post on my facebook:

http://freedomdaily.com/wikileaks-octob ... s-muslims/

She is an idiot and bigoted too. Muslims ruled the world for 1,000 years.Just to tell Hillary, Trump, and all bigoted Anti-Muslims regardless of their political colors. The best of the best of Muslims have immigrated to US because they are the most successful, the most highly educated the most hard workers folks around. Add to that we are family people first and foremost. Any questions?
Beiruty,

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I think Trump did great last night. He was on target and delivered many points flawlessly. He was very well educated on his views and current Hot topics on Hillary. Of course, the media will say that Hillary one today as they always say she always wins. I'm beginning to believe that she could have a stroke on stage and the media would still say she won. Did anyone else see the fly and land on her face while she was speaking? The fly thing was just kind of weird!
As far as voting, the media will keep Hillary ahead in the polls, falsely reporting this of course! Young voters for Hillary will not come out and vote. Young voters for trump will come out and vote. There's a lot more excitement behind trump than Hillary. This will be the difference!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Beiruty wrote:In latest wikileak if the quotes are accurate. Hillary attacked both Muslims and Black people, so I had to post on my facebook:

She is an idiot and bigoted too. Muslims ruled the world for 1,000 years.Just to tell Hillary, Trump, and all bigoted Anti-Muslims regardless of their political colors. The best of the best of Muslims have immigrated to US because they are the most successful, the most highly educated the most hard workers folks around. Add to that we are family people first and foremost. Any questions?
One question, if you please, Beiruty?

When will the best of the best Muslims denounce and turn against the worst of the worst Muslims who are bent on world domination?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Beiruty wrote:In latest wikileak if the quotes are accurate. Hillary attacked both Muslims and Black people, so I had to post on my facebook:

Yes, one.

Why are you baiting in conversation about religion, which violates forum rules?

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Oldgringo wrote:

One question, if you please, Beiruty?

When will the best of the best Muslims denounce and turn against the worst of the worst Muslims who are bent on world domination?
One person at a time, one new family at a time. 3 generations and the world has changed for ever. Wahhabism is a new religion and not a tradition Islamic Sect or school of thought.
Last edited by Beiruty on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Federal”