94%
Clinton
6%

Total votes: 228

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Trump or Clinton--our own poll

Post by ScottDLS »

JerryK wrote:Edited so I don't (offend) some and hurt their feelings on this board. Those 12 should be...

The Ugly Reality of America

Before every election in recent times the usual mantra of screamers show up with their threats to move to Canada if the election goes the "wrong" way. I'll note that there's never been any evidence that any of said screamers have actually emigrated (anywhere) when their preferred candidate has lost, by the way. Miley Cyrus, pack your bags (you know she won't.)

But this election has been a bit different. I don't recall ever hearing people talk openly about, well, less-civil remedies than picking up and leaving. But during this election season I have overhead such things.

Let's cut the crap on that, eh? A nation has the right vote itself into ruin, and neither I or you have have a right to overturn such a decision by force.

Choose wisely.
I agree with 99% of what you said except for the bold part. The "right" to overturn such a decision by force...Well if that "decision" has the result of taking our life, liberty, property, rights, etc. by force, then the "decision" is morally illegitimate. As lots of folks like to point out, the rights aren't granted by the Constitution, they are guaranteed by it. The rights are natural rights of men (people). When they cease to be guaranteed by the Constitutional Republic, it (the Republic) ceases to be legitimate.

Now where I concur with you is that none of us Internet warriors have the ABILITY or WILLINGNESS to do anything about it. We will all spend our time arguing about whether we can keep more than 7 rounds in our post-ban crippled magazines, and whether we have an affirmative duty to report that we take Prozac on our federal pre-ban semi-automatic assault weapon registration. This and the grave moral issue of whether it is wrong drive by a post office without advance authorization in writing from the local postmaster on our government issued permission slip.

To paraphrase the "Cops" theme music (hat tip Inner Circle). Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Answer: Nothing. You'll proudly supply your 14 forms of identification, approved Form 4's and your Global Entry card, as Constable Friendly from Precinct 4 hauls off your tricked out AR-15 pattern rifle with the night vision scopes and all your green tip to the incinerator. Then you'll ask for tips on getting your Federal Reloading License so you can keep casting lead musket balls the caplock you have left. :yawn

So no, I'm not going to advocate breaking the law or engaging in illegal activity...beyond the three felonies a day that most of you already commit.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ike Aramba
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ike Aramba »

We The People have the same right "to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another" as the colonists 240 years ago.

No more. No less.

"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Ike Aramba wrote:We The People have the same right "to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another" as the colonists 240 years ago.

No more. No less.

Just be prepared for something like what happened 155 years ago.... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mojo84
Posts in topic: 20

Post by mojo84 »

Out of curiosity and not to start a forum war, here's a question for the Hillary supporters that indicated they plan to vote for her.

Has the recent FBI announcement and Wikileaks revelations caused you to reconsider or change your voting preference?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philbo »

mojo84 wrote:Out of curiosity and not to start a forum war, here's a question for the Hillary supporters that indicated they plan to vote for her.

Has the recent FBI announcement and Wikileaks revelations caused you to reconsider or change your voting preference?
I suspect it makes very little difference at this point.

More and more of the people I have spoken to who are voting this time are not voting for a particular candidate, but against a candidate. Someone who is voting against Trump isn't likely to be swayed much by a new investigation into Hillary Clinton... how many have there been already? Just as few were swayed to reconsider their vote by any of the recent revelations against Trump's character... or lack thereof. These two candidates are the the most toxic candidates for president in the last 50 years. What seems to be driving many voters is their stronger dislike of the opposing candidate than anything else. Most are only willing to consider information that supports their own preexisting beliefs and dismiss everything that doesn't support the decision they have already reached. Both sides of the aisle are guilty of this type of confirmation bias in my opinion in any election, but this year it seems worse than previous years. This country has survived much worse and moved forward, and regardless of the outcome I believe we will do so again.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I find it interesting there's been nothing but crickets from the Hillary supporters regarding their support the last few days.

Here's at least one Hillary supporter's opinion.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

What gets me is the Republicans who said they wouldn't support Trump because of things he said, and Democrats have nothing to say about Hillary, she can say and do anything.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

mojo84 wrote:Out of curiosity and not to start a forum war, here's a question for the Hillary supporters that indicated they plan to vote for her.

Crickets, nothing but crickets. :headscratch :lol::

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

If I could prove it, I would be willing to bet that 11 or 12 of those Hillary poll votes are actually chain yankers and are voting for Trump. The other 1 or 2 just show up (from their Momma's basement) to try to stir the pot.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

And still no reply at all, let alone a rational reply from the Hillary voters. It's awful quiet in here......... :cool:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum
Posts in topic: 19

Post by parabelum »

:totap:

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:And still no reply at all, let alone a rational reply from the Hillary voters. It's awful quiet in here......... :cool:
What could they possibly say that would make a difference or convince you that in their opinion Clinton was the lessor of two evils? If they believe that, then for them that is enough to validate their decision. Why would they try to convince someone who has already made up their mind of the opposite conclusion? That would be futile on both sides.

A LOT of the push in support of Clinton seems to be less support for her, her ideas or her policies, and more a reaction to Trump personally. The only reason they are voting for her is they WILL NOT vote for Trump under any circumstance and can hold their noses long enough to make sure he isn't elected. I know more than a few people I respect who view Trump as unpalatable personally and unsuitable for office under any circumstance... Trump is someone they felt compelled to vote against to insure he isn't elected, and to be honest it will be on mind when I enter the voting booth on Tuesday.

Long time conservative George Will walked away from the Republican Party rather than support Trump, and he wasn't alone. Whether you agree with him or not he reflects a rather sizeable part of the population that have traditionally supported conservatives since 1980, and I agree with much of what he has said on the subject when he called Trump the GOP's chemotherapy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

I believe that the votes in this little poll are from actual voters. I may not agree with them, but as an adult I can respect their decision without believing that they live in their Mamma's basement. Calling them traitors and other names as has been done is this thread does little to bring them back to the GOP for the next round when their support will be needed in future debates.

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The GOP abandoned me long ago and I imagine the other silent majority trying to usher in a Trump Landslide despite the trenched in Grand Old Party Establishments non-support from the start. I would like to believe that those DNC voters will rise up against their corrupted party as well and we shall see. Bernie Sanders voters should be massing with pitchforks to reject being the "good little subjects" of the DNC. Maybe I missed a memo on this one.

This is a peaceful Revolution from many of the huddled masses. Win or lose the GOP establishment is no more for me.
III

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TreyHouston »

I have absolutely no problem with people not wanting to vote for Trump. I tell them to stay home don't vote, send a message! I'm 95% confident my stepmother will stay home rather than vote for Hellary.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The Annoyed Man wrote:And still no reply at all, let alone a rational reply from the Hillary voters. It's awful quiet in here......... :cool:

Perhaps they are tied up? :smilelol5:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Federal”