I voted!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: I voted!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My wife and I voted this morning. I voted Trump/Pence for POTUS/VPOTUS, and a mixture of republican and libertarian on the down-ballot.

And, I voted FOR Grapevine Prop 1, to allow liquor stores in town. Personally, I didn't need to do that.....I live 1 block from Colleyville, which passed a similar ordnance a few years ago, and there's a liquor store about 10 blocks or so from my house. Now, I don't drink much, so for me it's really a non issue, but it hasn't seemed to hurt Colleyville any, and I'm a free market capitalist. If a given liquor store does turn out to be a problem, there are mechanisms in place for getting rid of it, which are applicable to any business. I just figured that voting against was kind of like convicting someone of a crime without evidence. All I know is that the liquor store 10 blocks from my house hasn't presented any more of a problem than it was when they just sold sammiches and gasoline.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Any one in Pasadena or SE Houston should be aware that the Kyle Chapman Annex which has a 3-4 hour wait is not the only voting place in the Pasadena/Deer Park/So Hou area. The John Phelps Annex had no wait yesterday. There were more vacant voting machines than voters.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

PatrickMas20
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PatrickMas20 »

puma guy wrote:Any one in Pasadena or SE Houston should be aware that the Kyle Chapman Annex which has a 3-4 hour wait is not the only voting place in the Pasadena/Deer Park/So Hou area. The John Phelps Annex had no wait yesterday. There were more vacant voting machines than voters.

I live in clear lake area and had about 45 minute wait at 5pm yesterday. The voting location is a library and is located at 16616 Diana Ln, Houston, TX 77062. The line was wrapped around the building but moved fairly fast. Hope this helps.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

Wife and I voted last night. Straight republican except for not voting in the Presidential election. We voted AGAINST the school bond prop in our district.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

I can understand not liking Trump, and not wanting to vote for him personally. However, there is too much at stake in this election to decide to sit this one out just because you don't like him. You are not voting just for a person; you are voting for the direction this country will take for at least the next four years, but likely many years beyond that.
If Clinton is elected, and she does to this country exactly what she and the Democrats say they will do, will you take any comfort in thinking "at least I didn't vote for Trump"?

Below are a couple of good articles on this subject; the second is from a Christian's perspective (my Pastor's blog).

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/waynegru ... s-n2234187

https://www.crossroadschristian.org/blo ... e-question
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

mloamiller wrote:I can understand not liking Trump, and not wanting to vote for him personally. However, there is too much at stake in this election to decide to sit this one out just because you don't like him. You are not voting just for a person; you are voting for the direction this country will take for at least the next four years, but likely many years beyond that.
If Clinton is elected, and she does to this country exactly what she and the Democrats say they will do, will you take any comfort in thinking "at least I didn't vote for Trump"?

Below are a couple of good articles on this subject; the second is from a Christian's perspective (my Pastor's blog).

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Respectfully, we do not see a difference in the results of choosing either candidate. Enough damage was done by Hussein already.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

chamberc wrote:Respectfully, we do not see a difference in the results of choosing either candidate. Enough damage was done by Hussein already.
Seriously? You think Clinton and Trump are going to do the same exact things? You think Trump will be nominating liberal justices to SCOTUS like Hillary? You think Trump will do a 180 on his promises about the 2nd Amendment and push for the same legislation and executive orders as Hillary?
Can you enlighten us as to why you believe there is no difference between Clinton and Trump?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

chamberc wrote:
mloamiller wrote:I can understand not liking Trump, and not wanting to vote for him personally. However, there is too much at stake in this election to decide to sit this one out just because you don't like him. You are not voting just for a person; you are voting for the direction this country will take for at least the next four years, but likely many years beyond that.

Respectfully, we do not see a difference in the results of choosing either candidate. Enough damage was done by Hussein already.
So, just let it all roll down at even faster pace, right?

At least the progs are good at sticking together, no matter what. On "this" side of the aisle, we are really good at cannibalizing our own, and taking that cannon right to the heart of our existence.

Oh well, no difference between Trump and the witch anyways (sarcasm dripping)... :roll:

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Thanks for sharing that!!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Longest wait I've had early voting (about 15 minutes from entering the building to exit). They had every booth open. Early voting has usually been only a dozen or so booths open here, with a 5 minute start-finish time. Today they had about 35 booths and a short wait.

After voting, I had to take an antacid, several rounds of tic-tacs and when I got home I brushed my teeth. Still tastes bad. :roll:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

RoyGBiv wrote:Longest wait I've had early voting (about 15 minutes from entering the building to exit). They had every booth open. Early voting has usually been only a dozen or so booths open here, with a 5 minute start-finish time. Today they had about 35 booths and a short wait.

After voting, I had to take an antacid, several rounds of tic-tacs and when I got home I brushed my teeth. Still tastes bad. :roll:
While I respect anyone's choice not to vote for any candidate, I don't agree with it. Having gone through the process since the Goldwater days I am not always enthralled with the candidates offered up. I consider myself a very principled person with values that in many area are antithetical to Donald Trump as he is portrayed. I do share many of his views on the state of our country and his plan to improve it. My choice is, like I believe many others, based on voting against a known quantity with a proven track record (or lack thereof) in the political world and corruption. Not the way I would liked to decide who I vote for, but for what I believe is the better choice and for the good of our country I willingly voted.
As for the other choice, I have a leg up in having spent a lot of time with a federal government employee based in and from Arkansas whom I met when Bill Clinton was running for his first term as POTUS. What he described to me reminded me of an infamous doctor in Pasadena, Tx ,who, per my best friend's father who was also an MD, said would do anything for a dollar. Such as perform plastic surgery that he was in no way trained to do among other things. This particular doctor had his partner, who complained about him bringing his race horse into the OR for a procedure, murdered as he walked to the parking lot of the hospital they jointly owned. Though convicted, it was later overturned on appeal and a retrial ended up in a hung jury I believe. The men he hired were convicted. He didn't mend his ways, though, and later kidnapped his ex-wife, then hired an assailant for an unsuccessful attempt to assassinate her husband. He was convicted for that. In the words of my friend's father he told them to include him "out" when they offered him a partnership. When the guy I knew from Arkansas described the Clintons I immediately thought of the situation I have described.
Last edited by puma guy on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan20703 »

Beiruty wrote:My wife refused to vote this time, Trump was not helpful.
My wife did the opposite! She rarely goes to vote but made the effort today and waited in line for 45 minutes.
I guess my preaching to her sank in. :roll:

I will go this weekend. I'm sure there will be long lines then.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

puma guy wrote:While I respect anyone's choice not to vote for any candidate, I don't agree with it. Having gone through the process since the Goldwater days I am not always enthralled with the candidates offered up. I consider myself a very principled person with values that in many area are antithetical to Donald Trump as he is portrayed. I do share many of his views on the state of our country and his plan to improve it. My choice is, like I believe many others, based on voting against a known quantity with a proven track record (or lack thereof) in the political world and corruption. Not the way I would liked to decide who I vote for, but for what I believe is the better choice and for the good of our country I willingly voted. <snip>
I described the choice to those that wanted to argue with me as follows.... (Quoting myself)

"A womanizing troglodyte who is owned by nobody vs. a treasonous, vicious, constitution hating, egotist who is willing to risk the security of a nation in pursuit of power and personal gain, making herself beholding to middle eastern benefactors that would not only celebrate our death but have supported those who have attempted (with some success) to bring it about.

Please don't mislabel a disgusting choice as a difficult one. "
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote:Yesterday, I did a blood test at 0715, got back home and we both voted at 0830, got in the truck and pulled the RV toward the Ozarks. Along the way, Martha received her Cardiologist's blessing and I got a notice that my Mg levels were normal for the first-time itn a year.Oh Happy Day! We'll probably be back next month?
FWIW, my voter ID was my Texas Concealed Handgun License. I wasn't trying to make a statement, it just came out first.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

RoyGBiv wrote:
puma guy wrote:While I respect anyone's choice not to vote for any candidate, I don't agree with it. Having gone through the process since the Goldwater days I am not always enthralled with the candidates offered up. I consider myself a very principled person with values that in many area are antithetical to Donald Trump as he is portrayed. I do share many of his views on the state of our country and his plan to improve it. My choice is, like I believe many others, based on voting against a known quantity with a proven track record (or lack thereof) in the political world and corruption. Not the way I would liked to decide who I vote for, but for what I believe is the better choice and for the good of our country I willingly voted. <snip>
I described the choice to those that wanted to argue with me as follows.... (Quoting myself)

"A womanizing troglodyte who is owned by nobody vs. a treasonous, vicious, constitution hating, egotist who is willing to risk the security of a nation in pursuit of power and personal gain, making herself beholding to middle eastern benefactors that would not only celebrate our death but have supported those who have attempted (with some success) to bring it about.

Please don't mislabel a disgusting choice as a difficult one. "
:thumbs2:

Return to “Federal”