I voted!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I voted!

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Voting this morning in Cypress (Hempstead Hwy location behind Lowes/Target) took all of ten minutes. It helped speed things along in that I voted straight ticket Republican.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Wife and I just voted. About a 15 minute wait
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

C'mon everyone VOTE!

VOTE for Trump!

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Abraham wrote:C'mon everyone VOTE!

VOTE for Trump!
My wife and I voted...
... Trump.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

bblhd672 wrote:
chamberc wrote:Respectfully, we do not see a difference in the results of choosing either candidate. Enough damage was done by Hussein already.
Seriously? You think Clinton and Trump are going to do the same exact things? You think Trump will be nominating liberal justices to SCOTUS like Hillary? You think Trump will do a 180 on his promises about the 2nd Amendment and push for the same legislation and executive orders as Hillary?
Can you enlighten us as to why you believe there is no difference between Clinton and Trump?
Kennedy. Roberts.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Indeed, using a CHL to vote requires them to manually enter information. However there were only 3 people in front of me so it was very short wait time.

On a side note, they had a sign up that stated Firearms Prohibited on this premises pursuant to Texas Penal Code 46.03(a)... just in case someone forgot :nono:

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Wife and I voted Tuesday afternoon in Lake Dallas, maybe 10 min wait before 5pm. Used LTC for id - no issues. :patriot:
NRA Life Member

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

I voted yesterday afternoon with my daughter in tow. Line was about 30 people deep, but took only about 10 minutes to get in.

Funny story:
My daughter (8 years old) and I were talking, playing, etc. in line - keeping her mind occupied while we had to wait. Finally I said, "Ok, Bella, it's time to straighten up. We're about to go inside."
She did so, and then the guy behind me in line says, "And Bella is a shooter, isn't she?"
Me: "Sure is...how did you know?
Him: "I met you at the gun store down the street a few weeks ago. I was getting my CHL, and I met you in there."

Awesome encounter & a nice guy. Just a couple of chance meetings, in a couple of nearby places, a couple weeks apart, in the 4th largest city in the US.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

twjones
Posts in topic: 5

Post by twjones »

Voted about 2 hours ago. Glad I did... no line, in and out in about 5 minutes (ok, was closer to 7 minutes because I confirmed twice the machine didn't change my vote).

We shall wait and see!

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Wife and I voted Saturday morning. About a 15min wait due to only 3 machines. When will they ever get touch screen machines? The selector wheel isn't the easiest gadget to use and it just seems ignorant not to use the same style technology that most people have in their pocket.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

nightmare69 wrote:Wife and I voted Saturday morning. About a 15min wait due to only 3 machines. When will they ever get touch screen machines? The selector wheel isn't the easiest gadget to use and it just seems ignorant not to use the same style technology that most people have in their pocket.
That varies by county. Collin County uses touch screens.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I voted yesterday. The poll worker kept asking me for my DL instead of my LTC. I had to remind her twice that state law requires them to accept my LTC as valid ID.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

I used my DL and it was no big deal. Moved right along and took care of bidness. Wasn't there to prove a point about LTC being valid as ID.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

mojo84 wrote:I used my DL and it was no big deal. Moved right along and took care of bidness. Wasn't there to prove a point about LTC being valid as ID.
I'm headed tomorrow...will bring a utility bill and my Consular Matricular. Tienen ellos balotas en espanol? :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

nightmare69 wrote:Wife and I voted Saturday morning. About a 15min wait due to only 3 machines. When will they ever get touch screen machines? The selector wheel isn't the easiest gadget to use and it just seems ignorant not to use the same style technology that most people have in their pocket.
From what I've read, it's the touch screen voting machines the ones people are complaining about changing their vote.

I agreen the dial machines are more difficult to use, but I suspect that makes people slow down to make sure their selections are correct.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Federal”