Chicago Tribune: Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Chicago Tribune: Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Ike Aramba

Re: Chicago Tribune: Democrats should ask Clinton to step aside

Post by Ike Aramba »

Can Kaine legally step into her place on the ballot? I think he missed the filing deadline.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

If any candidate from a party becomes unqualified between the party nomination and the electoral college vote, federal law provides for the party to replace the candidate by their choice within their own party rules. It does not have to be the VP candidate. They could pick almost anyone, even if it is after the election but before the electoral college.

If something happens to the president-elect (as selected by the electoral college), then the normal rules of succession (i.e. the VP-elect) take effect.
Steve Rothstein

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Ike Aramba wrote:Can Kaine legally step into her place on the ballot? I think he missed the filing deadline.
It doesn't matter, the votes for electors will be counted for her, then the electors can elect Kaine, if she steps down before they meet. She could be a convicted felon in jail and stand for election I believe. There is no Constitutional requirement to have a clean record to be President, and I don't think Congress can enact one that goes beyond those set out in Article 2...but who knows maybe its contained in the Privacy Amendment next to Abortion and Sodomite marriage... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Federal”