Will Hillary go to Jail?

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tomneal
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Will Hillary go to Jail?

Post by tomneal »

Ford pardoned Nixon.

The only thing that may keep Obama in check, is that questionable pardons will hurt the Obama 'legacy' and help the Trump 'legacy'.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TVGuy »

mloamiller wrote:
tomneal wrote:I expect Obama to issue prophylactic pardons to Clinton and between 5 and 10 of her henchmen.

Watch for this on Christmas eve or New Years eve.
What will he pardon? She hasn't been indicted or convicted of anything. Can he issue a pardon for what might happen in the future?

Maybe it worked out for the best that she wasn't indicted by the current DOJ/FBI; if she had been, Obama most certainly would have pardoned her and it would be a done deal. But she wasn't. Now, if a new DOJ/FBI does decide to take up the investigation, she might actually get indicted. If so, I really don't think Trump will pardon her.

And I don't think Trump will really have to push for the continued investigation/indictment; the new heads of DOJ/FBI might do it on their own, once appointed. Heck, what do they really have to investigate? The current FBI already confirmed she broke the law; they just opted not to do anything about it.
He can issue a pardon for crimes committed in the past that have not yet been prosecuted. (See Ford's pardon of Nixon)

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TVGuy wrote:
mloamiller wrote:
tomneal wrote:I expect Obama to issue prophylactic pardons to Clinton and between 5 and 10 of her henchmen.

What will he pardon? She hasn't been indicted or convicted of anything. Can he issue a pardon for what might happen in the future?

Maybe it worked out for the best that she wasn't indicted by the current DOJ/FBI; if she had been, Obama most certainly would have pardoned her and it would be a done deal. But she wasn't. Now, if a new DOJ/FBI does decide to take up the investigation, she might actually get indicted. If so, I really don't think Trump will pardon her.

And I don't think Trump will really have to push for the continued investigation/indictment; the new heads of DOJ/FBI might do it on their own, once appointed. Heck, what do they really have to investigate? The current FBI already confirmed she broke the law; they just opted not to do anything about it.
He can issue a pardon for crimes committed in the past that have not yet been prosecuted. (See Ford's pardon of Nixon)
OK, but pardon's can't cover crimes that might be committed in the future. In other words, a president can't grant someone the right to kill without consequence after the pardon is given.

Hussein gives a blanket pardon to HRH for any and all crimes that she may have committed up to that point in time. Trump takes office and a new Congress opens an investigation into Hillary's various crimes (we still have the right to know what happened). When HRH lies or otherwise obstructs that investigation, indict her for this new crime that she committed after the blanket pardon.

Would that work?

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I hope Trump will focus on the future:
- Overriding Obama's executive orders
- Repealing and replacing Obama Care
- Slowing / Stopping illegal immigration
- Can something be done to fix Social Security?
- Renegotiating bad trade deals
- Reigning in the EPA
- Can he just close the BATFE?
- Reducing / eliminating onerous business regulations

Getting even with Mrs.Clinton should be at the bottom of his list.
See you at the range

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

She won't go to jail. If she goes to jail what about Bill? Will he go to jail? Never happen. But I hope they go after the others including Lois Lerner- you remember her.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
mloamiller wrote:

OK, but pardon's can't cover crimes that might be committed in the future. In other words, a president can't grant someone the right to kill without consequence after the pardon is given.

Hussein gives a blanket pardon to HRH for any and all crimes that she may have committed up to that point in time. Trump takes office and a new Congress opens an investigation into Hillary's various crimes (we still have the right to know what happened). When HRH lies or otherwise obstructs that investigation, indict her for this new crime that she committed after the blanket pardon.

Would that work?
Perhaps BHO will only pardon HRC for crimes committed while she was Secretary of State, leaving open the possibility of her being indicted for crimes related to the Clinton Foundation.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
mloamiller wrote:

Would that work?
Perhaps BHO will only pardon HRC for crimes committed while she was Secretary of State, leaving open the possibility of her being indicted for crimes related to the Clinton Foundation.
I want her to be sentenced for the 4 lives lost in benghazi much more than her CF crimes.

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

An example needs to be made.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

tomneal wrote:I hope Trump will focus on the future:
- Overriding Obama's executive orders
- Repealing and replacing Obama Care
- Slowing / Stopping illegal immigration
- Can something be done to fix Social Security?
- Renegotiating bad trade deals
- Reigning in the EPA
- Can he just close the BATFE?
- Reducing / eliminating onerous business regulations

Getting even with Mrs.Clinton should be at the bottom of his list.
If the motivation was "getting even" with her, then I would agree with you completely. This is not about revenge. I think Trump should restore the rule of law. That means prosecuting criminals even if they are rich and powerful. Letting HRH get away with her crimes would be a message that it is business as usual for those who are above the law.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

I like the rule of law.

The president should not get involved in individual criminal prosecutions. (Like Obama has.)
See you at the range

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

tomneal wrote:I like the rule of law.

The president should not get involved in individual criminal prosecutions. (Like Obama has.)
:iagree:

Trump should appoint competent individuals for his AG and FBI director. And he should make sure that they are targeting all of the elites who commit crimes. Providing them with the appropriate tone at the top is something that the president should do.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Well, I was hopeful Hillary couldn't be pardoned without being charged. I guess that's just wishful thinking, here's the operative part of Ford's pardon of Nixon:
Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

There is another alternative that HRC may face - Bill, Hillary and Chelsea took 100's of millions of dollars from foreign governments, from companies, from people and organizations with global plans and from many other rich and powerful people. One or more of those who will now receive nothing for their contributions to the Clinton Global Slush Fund may not be satisfied with the Clintons fading off into the sunset with the loot.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:There is another alternative that HRC may face - Bill, Hillary and Chelsea took 100's of millions of dollars from foreign governments, from companies, from people and organizations with global plans and from many other rich and powerful people. One or more of those who will now receive nothing for their contributions to the Clinton Global Slush Fund may not be satisfied with the Clintons fading off into the sunset with the loot.

Yep, they should all ask for a refund, but they better not hold their breath. At least now the Clinton gravy train will be over, but they have enough to last for a long time. Would be nice to see a special prosecutor assigned to audit the books, but I figure by the time Trump takes office, the records will have been accidentally deleted.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

treadlightly wrote:Well, I was hopeful Hillary couldn't be pardoned without being charged. I guess that's just wishful thinking, here's the operative part of Ford's pardon of Nixon:
Now, Therefore, I, Gerald R. Ford, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.
So this also means that, post pardon, Hillary should not be able to invoke the 5th amendment to avoid testifying before congress since she has effective immunity from prosecution for those crimes.

Knowing Hillary, she may decide to throw in a quick fraud or two to get a few extra bucks before her blanket pardon. If it follows the format above, then she could even commit murder as long as she did it before the date of the pardon. Kind of a personal purge day or two for her. Let's just hope she doesn't decide to take out Trump.

Return to “Federal”