Electoral Votes

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 4

Electoral Votes

Post by Mxrdad »

I was watching Tucker on Fox news. He had 2 individuals on there that were the chosen Electors. I know 1 was from Colorado, not sure where the other fella was from. The discussion included those Electors were not voting the way the people voted. Just wondering what effects that might cause and if there is any need for concern?
Just some guy's opinion.

twjones
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Electoral Votes

Post by twjones »

Other dude was from Washington state.

I don't think there's any reason for concern.

Topic author
Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Good to hear. Ya know, I get it. People are upset about Trump winning, every election has victories and losses. What I dont understand is how the protesters/rioters are judging him before even giving him a chance. Seems reasonable to give him a year or so and then form an opinion after seeing what he does. This would be fair for both accomplishments or failures, but at least it would be based on real issues and not pre-judgment. Its sad to see so many people trying to alter the outcome of the results.
Just some guy's opinion.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Mxrdad wrote:Good to hear. Ya know, I get it. People are upset about Trump winning, every election has victories and losses. What I dont understand is how the protesters/rioters are judging him before even giving him a chance. Seems reasonable to give him a year or so and then form an opinion after seeing what he does. This would be fair for both accomplishments or failures, but at least it would be based on real issues and not pre-judgment. Its sad to see so many people trying to alter the outcome of the results.
The MSM has told them what to believe. Many go with what they are told. I have a couple of friends who of that mindset as well. It's heartbreaking to see the indoctrination of people close to you, especially when they consider it to be educational and informative.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Flightmare wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:Good to hear. Ya know, I get it. People are upset about Trump winning, every election has victories and losses. What I dont understand is how the protesters/rioters are judging him before even giving him a chance. Seems reasonable to give him a year or so and then form an opinion after seeing what he does. This would be fair for both accomplishments or failures, but at least it would be based on real issues and not pre-judgment. Its sad to see so many people trying to alter the outcome of the results.
The MSM has told them what to believe. Many go with what they are told. I have a couple of friends who of that mindset as well. It's heartbreaking to see the indoctrination of people close to you, especially when they consider it to be educational and informative.
Being considered educational and informative has never been in the quotient for being wise or having common sense.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Flightmare wrote:
So true. I dont do Fakebook at all and not interested in it whatsoever, but my wife does so she can see all the kids/grandkids and of course other family members. She told me the other day her Nephew "Un-Friended" her, and any other family member that supported our Pres-Elect. LOL. I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that one. It is absolutely amazing how folks get offended these days by being Un-Friended. I bet some could literally get slapped in the face and not be as offended as being Un-Friended these days. Wow. But your right, it is sad.
Just some guy's opinion.

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by Soap »

If they're from CO and WA and they said they're not voting way of the people...doesn't that mean they're voting for Trump? She won those states.

Topic author
Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

I think your right, she did win those states and I was thinking the same thing. Hhhhmmmmm.
Just some guy's opinion.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The dude from Colorado who said he was an ex marine kept blabbering about wanting a republican that better represented his values. I kept screaming at him that his only other option as an elector was the witch. He was a moron. The idiot from Washington kept blabbering about the Federalist papers and the Founding Fathers intent for the electors to select the best candidate because the citizens do not know what is best.

I don't know why I watch the news.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

anygunanywhere wrote:I don't know why I watch the news.
I don't watch mainstream media anymore, including Fox News. Raises my blood pressure too much.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

koine2002 wrote:There is a Texas elector who is considering not casting his vote for Trump. http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/ ... ote-trump/

I don't trust Texas Monthly any further than I can float on it in a river.

He described his choices precisely, vote as he should, be a turncoat, or resign. either of the last two will cause him to lose his status, and the privilege he was given as an elector.

This is just more left wing, crybaby, "I can't believe we lost" rhetoric. They have nothing they can do, but try to create chaos. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

koine2002 wrote:There is a Texas elector who is considering not casting his vote for Trump. http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/ ... ote-trump/
To the electors: do your duty as required. Failure to do so may result in protests unlike any you've seen before.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Federal”