Hearing Protection Act of 2017

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Hearing Protection Act of 2017

Post by anygunanywhere »

ScottDLS wrote:What we really need is a Federal law banning and confiscating autoloader rifles that are not equipped with a rate of fire slowing device (ROFSD), that keeps you from pulling the trigger more than once every two seconds. All existing semi-rifles must be registered IAW NFA after having ROFSD installed. And if you are discovered pulling the trigger of your semi-auto more than once per 2 seconds you will be guilty, you lose your gun and are guilty of a felony. Most responsible ranges already prohibit rapid fire, so this is a simple, common sense, gun law that even the NRA should be able to get behind.

And why does anyone need drum magazines that hold 50 or 100 deadly bullets? These are unnecessary and illegal for deer hunting so they should be banned.
The snark is strong in you.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

ScottDLS wrote:What we really need is a Federal law banning and confiscating autoloader rifles that are not equipped with a rate of fire slowing device (ROFSD), that keeps you from pulling the trigger more than once every two seconds. All existing semi-rifles must be registered IAW NFA after having ROFSD installed. And if you are discovered pulling the trigger of your semi-auto more than once per 2 seconds you will be guilty, you lose your gun and are guilty of a felony. Most responsible ranges already prohibit rapid fire, so this is a simple, common sense, gun law that even the NRA should be able to get behind.

And why does anyone need drum magazines that hold 50 or 100 deadly bullets? These are unnecessary and illegal for deer hunting so they should be banned.
A guy and several of his buddies brake into your house wanting anything they can get. Do you want a firearm that will shoot only once every two seconds, or one that will shoot every time you pull the trigger no mater how fast? Would you rather have a five round magazine, or a thirty or sixty? Would you rather have a silencer on your firearm, or a loud ringing in your ears that gets more intense each time you pull the trigger? Not saying the silencer would knockout the noise and ringing, but it would not be as intense, especially with an SRB.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MeMelYup wrote:

A guy and several of his buddies brake into your house wanting anything they can get. Do you want a firearm that will shoot only once every two seconds, or one that will shoot every time you pull the trigger no mater how fast? Would you rather have a five round magazine, or a thirty or sixty? Would you rather have a silencer on your firearm, or a loud ringing in your ears that gets more intense each time you pull the trigger? Not saying the silencer would knockout the noise and ringing, but it would not be as intense, especially with an SRB.
ScottDLS was being sarcastic.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by canvasbck »

anygunanywhere wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:

ScottDLS was being sarcastic.
Sadly, it's difficult to tell the difference between sarcasm and the things that the left actually support.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

When my daughter was 6 years old she used to make a ridiculous statement, then follow it loudly with the statement "I'M SARCASTIC!". I just depend on people recognizing my rapier sharp wit and Beavis and Butthead avatar.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

ScottDLS wrote:When my daughter was 6 years old she used to make a ridiculous statement, then follow it loudly with the statement "I'M SARCASTIC!". I just depend on people recognizing my rapier sharp wit and Beavis and Butthead avatar.
"rlol"

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 34

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... ll-actions
Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 224.
Action By: House of Representatives
What in the world does this mean? I can't find that calendar published anywhere...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

SRO1911 wrote:the union calendar is the primary calendar - if it involves $ it goes on it.
So, does that mean it’s scheduled or just that it’s on a list somewhere and might get scheduled maybe?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

Does anyone have any more information about when this might come up for a vote. My thoughts is if this doesn't make it pretty soon it will probably be pushed to the side???

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

carlson1 wrote:Does anyone have any more information about when this might come up for a vote. My thoughts is if this doesn't make it pretty soon it will probably be pushed to the side???
I’m thinking this has been pushed to the side due to gov shutdowns, debt ceilings, immigration, and fisa reauthorizations.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Couple of million dreamers are more important.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TreyHouston »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Does anyone have any more information about when this might come up for a vote. My thoughts is if this doesn't make it pretty soon it will probably be pushed to the side???
I’m thinking this has been pushed to the side due to gov shutdowns, debt ceilings, immigration, and fisa reauthorizations.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong.
This is the type of bill that passes when no one is paying attention...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Federal”