What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Hearing Protection Act of 2017

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

House version now has 108 sponsors. That's a solid quarter of the house. Let's move!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Added 8 more to house version, including Bill Flores, TX-17. Stands at 116 cosponsors now.

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

H.R.367 picked up three more to notch 119 now. Michael McCaul, TX-10, also signed on yesterday.

S.59 is at 11 cosponsors now, picked up three yesterday.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

HR367 now stands at 133 cosponsors. They've just been trickling in. I hope this gets heard in committee and on the floor before too terribly long....

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

S.59 now shows Ted Cruz as a cosponsor. The Senate bill now has 14 cosponsors!

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

It has now been over two months since it has been referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigation...

Is this one going to just fizzle away or will the distinguished so called leadership actually make a move?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

parabelum wrote:It has now been over two months since it has been referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigation...

Is this one going to just fizzle away or will the distinguished so called leadership actually make a move?
Expect nothing from Congress and you will not be disappointed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

bblhd672 wrote:
parabelum wrote:It has now been over two months since it has been referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigation...

Expect nothing from Congress and you will not be disappointed.
:iagree:

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Or will a Washington equivalent of Joe Straus shoot it down?

I'm really looking forward to buying a suppressor at Academy for $39.95....
-Ruark

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

House is 148 sponsors now. Senate is at 16.
And something very exciting (hopefully not just smoke):
http://mailchi.mp/americansilencerassoc ... a58e531c1d
The House Committee on Natural Resources has scheduled a hearing for the morning of June 14, in which the Federal Lands Subcommittee will hear a discussion draft of the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act. The SHARE Act, which is being championed in a bipartisan manner by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Co-Chairs Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC), and Representative Gene Green (D-TX), is a comprehensive package that covers a wide range of hunting, fishing, and outdoor related issues. Included in the legislation is Title XVII, a strengthened version of the Hearing Protection Act.
https://naturalresources.house.gov/uplo ... re_act.pdf

I wrote my reps again last night to reiterate support for this. Hopefully something happens before the end of next year with it!

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blindref757 »

This may all collapse because of today's hysteria. Hopefully not...but today was a bad day for us.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jusme »

Blindref757 wrote:This may all collapse because of today's hysteria. Hopefully not...but today was a bad day for us.

Not to be argumentative, but I disagree. With all of the statements from those there, many were very vocal, in reiterating the fact that "good guys" with guns stopped bad guy. Many also mentioned the fact that being disarmed, by statute, made them feel very helpless. I doubt that anyone could argue that removing suppressors from the prohibited firearms list, would have made any difference, not that the left will not still do so, but in my humble opinion, I believe the tragedy, will actually, be a positive thing for gun owners, and those who carry. There cannot be a better argument, for not only the hearing protection act, but also, national reciprocity. I don't expect it to "fly" through with no opposition, but, I think even the left wing liberals, now understand how vulnerable people are, when they are denied the right to defend themselves. This is just my opinion, and I have been proven wrong by elected officials in the past, so take it for what it's worth.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero

Post by flechero »

Jusme wrote: I think even the left wing liberals, now understand how vulnerable people are,
They always have, and vulnerability is exactly what they need for a variety of positions they take.... their appeal is to people who are helpless in whatever situation fits the day.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lynyrd »

flechero wrote:
Jusme wrote: I think even the left wing liberals, now understand how vulnerable people are,
They always have, and vulnerability is exactly what they need for a variety of positions they take.... their appeal is to people who are helpless in whatever situation fits the day.
I hate to believe it, but there may be some truth to that. People who chose to be helpless may very well be afraid of those who choose to not be a helpless victim. If everyone is helpless they may just "feel" better. I hope that is not true, but........
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Federal”