Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall

Post by TVGuy »

If I didn't read it for myself, I would have thought this was an article from The Onion. Genius way to get Mexico to pay for the wall

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/04/ ... rder-wall/

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall

Post by TreyHouston »

The left will argue that's technically Americas money because we (they) bought his drugs!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

I saw a documentary TV show about Pablo Escobar once. They claimed that at the height of his power, his organization was spending $10,000 a month just on rubber bands to hold the cash together. It boggles the mind.
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Sounds like a plan. :thumbs2:

allisji

Post by allisji »

That's even better than his plan last year for the USA to sell off all of their public land and use the money to pay off the national debt.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TresHuevos wrote:I saw a documentary TV show about Pablo Escobar once. They claimed that at the height of his power, his organization was spending $10,000 a month just on rubber bands to hold the cash together. It boggles the mind.
There's a movie where the drug kingpins don't have enough time to count their money, so they resort to weighing it.

Topic author
TVGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TVGuy »

TresHuevos wrote:I saw a documentary TV show about Pablo Escobar once. They claimed that at the height of his power, his organization was spending $10,000 a month just on rubber bands to hold the cash together. It boggles the mind.
Ha! He made the Forbes richest list and billionaires list each year for the latter part of the 80s. The only difference was that he couldn't put his money in the bank like the others, hence all of the rubber bands.

If you haven't read "Killing Pablo", I highly recommend it. Great book.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Marvelous idea, not sure of the legalities involved but a very good idea!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN15O2ZN

Reuters says that the cost is an estimated 21.6 billion for the wall. 12 billion would cover 55% of it. Sounds like a decent down payment to me.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Don't we actually have to possess the money before we can spend it? As I understand it, the money is somewhere in Mexico but we aren't exactly sure where it is. If they find it all they have to do is convince Mexico to hand it over to us.

Then again, Congress spending money it doesn't have isn't anything new.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Wait, are you saying Ted Cruz is still in the Senate? I thought he had been abducted by aliens or something. :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I LOL'd when I read this in an email from Cruz this morning..... Marketing genius.
Will you stand with me and endorse the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

loktite

Post by loktite »

RoyGBiv wrote:I LOL'd when I read this in an email from Cruz this morning..... Marketing genius.
Will you stand with me and endorse the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO)

:smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

Day before yesterday, Pelosi declared on Fox News "The Wall" is immoral.

Huh?

I guess she's an open borders, no country, no sovereignty, just let our country collapse under the weight of illegals...except, no other country I'm aware of has "open borders".

Even Mexico has strict immigration laws as does every other country in the world, so why oh why should we be the exception?

What am I not understanding about the "open borders" (channeling Hillary too...) people?

Mass guilt that says the U.S. is a never ending Cornucopia (hey, U.S. taxpayers can handle it) for all who make it here or ...?

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Abraham wrote:Day before yesterday, Pelosi declared on Fox News "The Wall" is immoral.

Huh?

I guess she's an open borders, no country, no sovereignty, just let our country collapse under the weight of illegals...except, no other country I'm aware of has "open borders".

Even Mexico has strict immigration laws as does every other country in the world, so why oh why should we be the exception?

What am I not understanding about the "open borders" (channeling Hillary too...) people?

Mass guilt that says the U.S. is a never ending Cornucopia (hey, U.S. taxpayers can handle it) for all who make it here or ...?
Do you mean the same Pelosi that has her home in a gated community?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Federal”