Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ted Cruz Calls for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall

Post by ScottDLS »

I was pretty sure there was NO WAY the US got $14 billion of seizures from "El Chapo" himself. Even Pablo Escobar probably never had that much. If you read the article.
The Texas senator said that leveraging criminally forfeited assets from El Chapo and other Mexican cartel members and drug dealers can “offset the wall’s cost and make meaningful progress toward achieving President Trump’s stated border security objectives.”
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

I'd like to know Cruz's definition of "seized"...anyone...?

apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by apvonkanel »

My only issue is that I have't seen anything showing that extending sections of the wall will really create a dent in the issue. I'm all for stricter border control, but at this point it seems more like an expensive gesture than a real solution. Putting money into patrolling the borders (creating permanent LEO jobs, rather than temporary construction jobs) seems like a better use of money. Walls are a lot less intimidating than armed LEO's.
Also, the movie was "Blow" with Johnny Depp where they weighed their money rather than count it manually.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

apvonkanel,

Like you, I'm not for mere symbolism either.

The Israelis have quite an effective wall.

It works.

If we construct one properly, maintain it, patrol it, it'd be quite effective too.

Unlike the Berlin Wall, we don't want to keep people in, we want to control (meaning we have a country) those who "enter".

Along with keeping out the criminal, diseased, and those seeking freebies without offering anything in return...we aren't a welfare state for the world though most leftists think so...

That's not harsh, it's maintaining sovereignty.

Unlike climate change loons, open borders "is" slow death for this country.

Return to “Federal”