Trump NRA Speech

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Trump NRA Speech

Post by RicoTX »

Trump gave a speech today at NRA. He says the Federal Assault on law abiding gun owners is over. So, I guess now I can carry at the post office and other Federal Property. Excellent news!
Now maybe we can get it in writing.
:biggrinjester:
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

ScottDLS

Re: Trump NRA Speech

Post by ScottDLS »

RicoTX wrote:Trump gave a speech today at NRA. He says the Federal Assault on law abiding gun owners is over. So, I guess now I can carry at the post office and other Federal Property. Excellent news!
Now maybe we can get it in writing.
:biggrinjester:
Maybe if he can get Congress to repeal 18 USC 930 then we could carry in federal buildings. He may have more success with USACOE and the Postal Service with an executive order forcing them to do a regulatory review of regs preventing carry on their property.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Pres. Trump gave a very good speech today, as did Sen. Cruz.

Chas.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I dunno... I supported Trump 100%, but I'm beginning to wonder just how much he's going to get done. Nice NRA speech, yes, but I remember him declaring that "my first day in office, those gun free zones will be gone." The federal assault on law abiding gun owners is over? OK, so.........
Last edited by Ruark on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ruark

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

The speech was good. I just watched it. I'm thinking that when Trump was running for office he didn't realize that there is a big difference between a president and a dictator. POTUS is not all powerful, and some of his campaign promises/hopes require cooperation from others that he has not been able to achieve yet. I hope he learns how to gain that cooperation, and has not stepped on so many toes that no one in Washington will help him.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Lynyrd wrote:The speech was good. I just watched it. I'm thinking that when Trump was running for office he didn't realize that there is a big difference between a president and a dictator. POTUS is not all powerful, and some of his campaign promises/hopes require cooperation from others that he has not been able to achieve yet. I hope he learns how to gain that cooperation, and has not stepped on so many toes that no one in Washington will help him.
He has a lot of power when it comes to regulatory rules and regulations. Some of the most operessive rules made by the COE and Post office were made, not legislatured, but by the stroke of the pen. He probably wouldn't even need to sign a real executive order. A public verbal suggestion would likely be enough to get the ball moving, as they say crap rolls down hill. He has said a lot about how he supports the NRA, but not much about real things that would change the anti-climate in goverment agencies.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Liberty wrote:A public verbal suggestion would likely be enough to get the ball moving, as they say crap rolls down hill. He has said a lot about how he supports the NRA, but not much about real things that would change the anti-climate in goverment agencies.
He should have asked Congress to send the Hearing Protection Act to his desk to be signed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Lynyrd wrote:The speech was good. I just watched it. I'm thinking that when Trump was running for office he didn't realize that there is a big difference between a president and a dictator. POTUS is not all powerful, and some of his campaign promises/hopes require cooperation from others that he has not been able to achieve yet. I hope he learns how to gain that cooperation, and has not stepped on so many toes that no one in Washington will help him.
It's what I call "The Ex-General" effect, that occurs when either former high-placed military, or upper executive types go into politics. Previously, they've been working in environments where then they tell a subordinate to do something, it happens. Working with legislators on the other hand, is more like herding cats. Everything is constantly a work in progress......Presumably, an ex-CEO who wrote books like "The Art of the Deal" has the negotiating skills to keep things moving along. But the difference between autocrat and influencer does require a significant mental adjustment..........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I am thankful that witch is not in the WH now. So yes, while I want him to do a lot more, at least we don't have that creature in there...

Instead of NRA speech, it would be MDA or some other groups like that receiving presidential reception.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I second parabelum's post.

The people have spoken.

Leftist ideology has been firmly rejected.

...though their whining continues...it's music, music to my ears.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Liberty wrote:
He has a lot of power when it comes to regulatory rules and regulations. Some of the most operessive rules made by the COE and Post office were made, not legislatured, but by the stroke of the pen. He probably wouldn't even need to sign a real executive order. A public verbal suggestion would likely be enough to get the ball moving, as they say crap rolls down hill. He has said a lot about how he supports the NRA, but not much about real things that would change the anti-climate in goverment agencies.
Isn't this what we have in Texas? Laws, AG and LTC all behind us holders trying to enter City buildings and property, still- NO ENTRY ALLOWED. Why do you think one more law will do any good?????
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Federal”