Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

Post by Pawpaw »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017112 ... om-you-now
The U.S. House Judiciary Committee has scheduled a full committee mark-up of H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, this Wednesday! It’s therefore more important than ever to urge your member of Congress to support this crucial legislation.

Concealed carry reciprocity is the NRA’s highest legislative priority in Congress. It would ensure that states recognize the concealed carry credentials of other states. This would end abuses in anti-gun states like New York and New Jersey and allow law-abiding concealed carriers to exercise their rights nationwide with peace of mind.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

Post by strogg »

Thanks. I just sent Congressman Burgess a nudge in the right direction.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

Post by RoyGBiv »

strogg wrote:Thanks. I just sent Congressman Burgess a nudge in the right direction.
FYI... Burgess is a co-sponsor, along with 212 other Congressmen/women (3 Democrats!) (25 from TX!)
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... t%22%5D%7D
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

Sent an email to Jodey Arrington encouraging his continued support.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

My rep, Hon. McCaul, is already a cosponsor. I reminded him to keep supporting.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

My Rep Sam Johnson is already a co-sponsor.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Well, I sent a note to Jared Polis, but I am not hopeful.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Done and done.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I was going to send a note to Ted Poe, but he is already a co-sponsor. :patriot:
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Well, I sent my congressman an email but it will probably fall on deaf ears since he is a liberal :cryin
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Called my rep this morning. Aide was not able to tell me if he's for or against, but I'm going to guess with the capital (D) next to his name.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Topic author
Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

OneGun wrote:I was going to send a note to Ted Poe, but he is already a co-sponsor. :patriot:
That doesn't matter. Mine is a co-sponsor too, but I still sent the email.

Our congresscritters always need to be reminded we're watching.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TreyHouston »

Done, Mcal (R) is a nice guy. Im sure he will support. I have even gotten a REAL reply once!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ScottDLS »

Unfortunately it will never get 60 votes for cloture in the Senate. Doubtful it could even get 50 with the surrender caucus of McLame, Collins, Corker, et al... :roll:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

My rep was an original sponsor, and he got my email anyways!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Federal”