Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

Post by RoyGBiv »

RoyGBiv wrote:Just a procedural comment to add... I believe this has already been accomplished via HR 645, yesterday.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... ll-actions
I got ahead of the votes on this... 645 is currently being voted on in the House. There are several procedural votes required... The vote that just passed is to limit the House to 1 hour of debate with no amendments considered, before a vote on the bill (after debate) later today.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is on the Move: Your Lawmakers Need to Hear from You NOW!

Post by RoyGBiv »

So... Assuming reciprocity and FixNICS pass the House, which seems likely at this point, how do we get it past a very likely Senate Filibuster?

Cornyn has already said he wants to separate the two pieces of legislation. FixNICS will likely pass the Senate (possibly on a voice vote), but if the Senate splits the legislation, that takes away any incentive for the Progs to allow a floor vote on reciprocity in the Senate ...... and it dies there.? :roll:

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LSUTiger »

What is the status of HR38? Facebook feed on "live" discussion keeps cutting out.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

I've been watching the debate live on the CSPAN web site. ALL of the democrats who have spoken have repeated the same theme.

This bill puts more guns into the hands of violent criminals.
This bill makes your family less safe.
This bill puts guns in every corner of America.
This bill will result in more gun violence, not less.

All they have talked about is the heinous mass shootings over the last few years, and how this bill will lead to more, not less.

Do these people really believe what they are saying? If so, they know absolutely nothing about concealed carry permit holders. If so, they don't even understand what this bill does.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TreyHouston »

Lynyrd wrote:I've been watching the debate live on the CSPAN web site. ALL of the democrats who have spoken have repeated the same theme.

All they have talked about is the heinous mass shootings over the last few years, and how this bill will lead to more, not less.

Do these people really believe what they are saying? If so, they know absolutely nothing about concealed carry permit holders. If so, they don't even understand what this bill does.
I could definitely see it adding guns to the streets when is has to be left in the car while you to into a posted location and your car gets broken into. I wish lawmakers could connect these two dots!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Lynyrd wrote:I've been watching the debate live on the CSPAN web site. ALL of the democrats who have spoken have repeated the same theme.

They are ignorant on the issue, which isn't a terrible thing. They just don't have enough interest to get themselves educated on the facts.

But they are also too dumb, or too dishonest, to admit their ignorance. They should either get educated, or just abstain from votes on things they no nothing about. I'm fine with them doing either one.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 8

Post by bblhd672 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

They are ignorant on the issue, which isn't a terrible thing. They just don't have enough interest to get themselves educated on the facts.

But they are also too dumb, or too dishonest, to admit their ignorance. They should either get educated, or just abstain from votes on things they no nothing about. I'm fine with them doing either one.
I don't think they are dumb or ignorant of the facts. Dishonest, yes. They are unwilling to accept facts over their disarmament agenda.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

Bill is now up for it's final vote in the house.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 11

Post by TreyHouston »

Flightmare wrote:Bill is now up for it's final vote in the house.
Thanks! Keep us updated :clapping:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Flightmare wrote:Bill is now up for it's final vote in the house.
Passed!

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dlh »

Even if some form of national conceal carry passes and becomes law that will not be the end of the matter. The dems and gun bigots will forum shop and find one of those federal judges in California or Hawaii to enter a restraining order to prevent its enforcement. We saw what they did with immigration---expect the same tactics here.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Flightmare »

Bill passed mostly along party lines.
231-198

6 democrats voting yea, 14 republicans voting nay
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Flightmare wrote:Bill passed mostly along party lines.
231-198

6 democrats voting yea, 14 republicans voting nay
I find it interesting that 20 people crossed their party on this subject. Maybe that foretells some party line crossing in the Senate too.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I’m curious how long it’ll be until it’s taken up by the senate. And hopefully the bills stay merged.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LSUTiger »

Did it pass with FixNICS attached?
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “Federal”