"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

L82kill
Posts in topic: 15

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by L82kill »

:clapping:

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Quick update it's been 30 days in now waiting on background check and I had received a letter wanting some more supporting documents and as of Monday I did submit them and now I'm back in processing so fingers crossed all will go good. So now I will give some dates for what I did.
6-25-17 class
7-10-17 fingerprints (delayed due to no office)
7-17-17 documents received and application being processed
8-7-17 request for more supporting documents.
8-15-17 all documents sent in and back to processing status not delayed status.

So hopefully next few days it will change to printing or mailed.

:cheers2:

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Good news my status went to print pending today Yay!!! :thewave

PRGlock81
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PRGlock81 »

Long time reader first time posting so here it goes:
My LTC Timeline

7/14/17-Submitted DPS Application online

7/15/17-Took the LTC class

7/15/17-Email from Texas.gov confirming online application was received

7/16/17-Received email to schedule fingerprints with IdentoGo.

7/17/17-Finger printed and submitted CHL 100

7/18/17-Received email from RSD, LTC documents received.

7/21/17-License Application Status all green except Finger Prints under review, Background Check under review. Licensee To Carry a Handgun: Print Pending completions of application.

7/23/17-I emailed a RSD Representative directly and ask him for help with my application process. This Rep had helped an employee of mine a few months ago and he had a 15 day timeline from application to plastic in hand. He replied that he would see what he could do to help me.

7/24/17-Received email from RSD rep that stated additional information was going to be needed. I had an assault charge from 2008 (wrong place at wrong time altercation between co-worker and owner of an establishment) :nono: it was eventually dismissed so I was sure that was what was holding the process up. I disclosed it in the application but did not send a full certified disposition.

7/27/17-Email from RSD that stated additional documents would be required and a letter was sent on 7/25 explaining what was going to be needed to complete the application. Also that the DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process.

7/29/17-Received letter from DPS stating they need additional information of arrest from 2008 and the issuance of my license is delayed due to potential disqualifying arrest for which I did not report “complete disposition”. Requested Items: 1) Copy of Court Complaint and information, judgement and sentence. 2) Copy of the arrest report with Narrative. 3) Written statement describing the relationship between me and the victim.

8/2/17-The arrest happened in a county that is 8 hrs one way from where I now reside. The County Clerk’s office and Police Department personnel are not helpful in any way. It was extremely difficult to retrieve the documents(since I no longer live in that county and could not go in person). After several emails and phone calls I was able to get approval to send a family member to retrieve the certified documents. My family member emailed them to me and I was able to convert them into a PDF and upload them via the DPS website.

8/2/17-Emailed the RSD Rep directly again to inform him that I uploaded all the required documents. I asked if he could help in any way with the process time it would greatly be appreciated. He replied he would look at my application record and see if there was anything he could do to expedite the process. I was keeping my fingers crossed but expecting a long wait.

8/4/17-Email Rep and asked if he had any luck with my application record. I had checked the DPS website and it was still in the same stage it had been previous. The RSD Rep replied that my license was issued this day and allow 10-14 days for delivery. WOW!!!! He said it usually take 24 hrs for website to update.

8/5/17-Checked DPS website and the status changed to Print Pending.

8/9/17-Received two emails 20 min apart, which confused me. The emails both said the same thing….Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documents. This will be moved to processing with your application. I know it is an automatically generated email but if I already received an issued license then why did the emails say that it was still in process? This took the wind out of my sails. I emailed the Rep again. At this point I’m sure he is tired of hearing from me.

8/10/17-His response to my email.. Everything I see in our system shows that your license has been issued and sent to be printed on 8/7/17. If you haven’t received it within 10-14 days from that date contact RSD. I am not certain as to why you received the emails.

8/10/17-I had gotten in a habit of checking the DPS website every am about 7:00. This morning it was still Print Pending. So I checked again just for grins this day about 7:30 and it said Mailed!!!! I literally jumped for joy…. So that leads me to believe the RSD updates the website between 7-7:30 in am.
In my opinion from what I have read in this forum and personal experience there really is no consistent timeline with process times. The RSD system has a lag in reporting the processing. Also its odd that we are asked to make it easier for the DPS to process the applications by uploading everything online, however they get to send information request via USPS. In my case this easily added a week just waiting on the mail man. We are expected to do all the leg work in retrieving additional document and uploading them. I know it is my fault for having the charges to begin with but the people who work in the County clerks and Police department are not very nice nor helpful so it was difficult to get the documents. I am sure if the DPS was to call they could get the information needed in no time. Considering the things I had to do and my time frame compared to others I am not complaining only giving my opinion and experience.

8/11/17-I received my Plastic this afternoon!!!! From initial application and documents submitted to plastic in hand only 19 business days. Best 140$ I have ever spent!!! Feels great to be able to exercise my 2nd amendment. I hope this may help anyone with similar issues. Don’t give up. Disclose everything and send disposition paperwork when you submit your application and CHL-100 and it will help with the processing time for sure. Thank you for reading my long winded post.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

:anamatedbanana :thewave
Outstanding congratulations!!!

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

Anyone with assaults on their record should always send a copy of the police report & written statement of who the victim was. (along with judgement)*if a conviction of course*

PRGlock81

Post by PRGlock81 »

I agree, I was not aware of that information until after I already submitted my application. I did the research and found out that would be needed. Learning experience for sure.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

:clapping:
Ok quick update I've been print pending for 4 days now and a total of 34 days in since I submitted paperwork also on the 7th of aug. I had to submit some supporting documents from district and county clerk but 10days later my status went to print pending and now still waiting. Fingers crossed still though.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

:hurry: :anamatedbanana
:thewave
Yay!!! Says mailed today!!!! Mailman stalking to commence!!!35 days in.

Raygun

Post by Raygun »

I was trying to get in before the fee change so I didn't get caught in the huge influx. Happy to say I got my license in less than 2 weeks!
  • 7/29 - Took class
  • 7/30 - Completed online forms
  • 7/31 - Fingerprints completed
  • 8/3 - Status online shows background check completed
  • 8/4 - Status: Print pending
  • 8/8 - Status: Mailed
  • 8/11 - Plastic in hand
I'm amazed it was all done so quickly. Kudos to Texas DPS

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Raygun wrote:I was trying to get in before the fee change so I didn't get caught in the huge influx. Happy to say I got my license in less than 2 weeks!
  • 7/29 - Took class
  • 8/11 - Plastic in hand
That may be a record! :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

:thewave
Lynyrd wrote:
Raygun wrote:I was trying to get in before the fee change so I didn't get caught in the huge influx. Happy to say I got my license in less than 2 weeks!
  • 7/29 - Took class
  • 8/11 - Plastic in hand
That may be a record!

:thumbs2:
Mine is in the mailbox today!! So 36 days for me
:iagree: :hurry: :txflag:

Raygun

Post by Raygun »

Lynyrd wrote:
That may be a record! :thumbs2:
I was pretty surprised! I did get a background check not too long ago for a hazmat endorsement so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

So i got denied today until 2019. On the bases i was in a drug and alcohol treatment center within the past 5 years. I jumped through all the hoops that the MAB asked me to go through. My doctor answered all the questions on the documentation in my favor. (The documents that the MAB sent for my doctor) but they still denied me for it. Im not sure if i want to appeal it or not.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

That is a disqualifier, so not surprising that you got a denial letter. It's a 5 year window on those.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”