2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1


SA-TX
Senior Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Ellis County now; adios Dallas!
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby SA-TX » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Submitted on 9/4, received it today. :thewave


agsalaza30
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby agsalaza30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 am

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn



*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo



Update!!!!
As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave


agsalaza30
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby agsalaza30 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn



*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo



Update!!!!
9-26-17... As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave



UPDATE!!!
9-27-17... Plastic in hand!!! 19 Days Total
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :txflag: :patriot:
:thewave

User avatar

sammeow
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: MidCities

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby sammeow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Very suprised , 11 business days for renewal. Submitted Saturday the 17 th and in hand today.


Killadocg23
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm
Location: Corpus Christi/ Houston

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Killadocg23 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Well, I mailed in my stuff and DPS received it on 9/8
Called today said it was mailed out on 10/2. so expecting it this week.
So 16 business days from receiving application to mailing it out.
Not bad!


Killadocg23
Junior Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:38 pm
Location: Corpus Christi/ Houston

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Killadocg23 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Got my card today.
In total it took me exactly ONE month 9/4-10/4 from the day I went to the post office to mail the supplies off to picking it up from my mailbox.
DPS just took 16 business days from receiving it to mailing it out. Not bad! I sent everything in one time too so I'm sure that helped a lot!

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts: 16586
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks for this information on processing times folks. DPS is doing a fantastic job and it doesn't appear that lowering the state fee has caused a backlog problem.

Chas.
Image

User avatar

lonestar144
Junior Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby lonestar144 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Took CHL class 9/16/2017
Submitted all documents 9/18
Fingerprints done 9/19
All was received and under review 9/21
Print pending 9/26
Mailed 9/28
Plastic in hand 10/2

So in all, 10 business days

User avatar

Hack Job
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 pm
Location: FTW

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Hack Job » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:28 pm

9/18 Completed online renewal and pymt
10/6 Mailed

15 business days. This includes a delay where I was required to submit documentation updating my mil status to retired. The update was taken care of with a quick phone call and an email.


amichener
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby amichener » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm

LTC Status

September 1st – Submitted My Application
September 10th – Submitted My Fingerprints With Identigo
October 7th – Completed the LTC Class and Qualifications
October 7th – Submitted the LTC100 Electronically To TXDPS
October 10th – DPS Website Updated To Everything Green Except Fingerprints, Background Check, and Print Pending are Yellow
October 19th - Fingerprints and Background Check are now GREEN
October 21st - Status changed to MAILED
October 23rd - Plastic Received :thewave

Total of 16 days once everything was submitted to TXDPS


:patriot:
Last edited by amichener on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby oljames3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 pm

17 September online renewal and payment

10 October mailed

My first LTC!

:thewave
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


redacted
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby redacted » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 am

Class taken 10/1
Application Submitted (with fee payment) 10/1
Fingerprints on 10/4
Fingerprints received and Pending Background Check 10/6
Background check done, print pending 10/14
Status moved to Mailed today 10/20 and it was in the mailbox when I got home!

Overall, 19 days total.
Last edited by redacted on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Dzydvl
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Dzydvl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

Online Application Submitted - 10-9-17
Fingerprints at IdentaGo - 10-13-17
LTC Class passed and Paperwork scanned - 10-16-17

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DPS site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Gripe - Time goes slower on the weekend I swear I saw the clock running backwards a few times today....... OK back to cleaning my pistol

UPDATE - it finally happened!!!!!! I logged in this morning like I usually do, and noticed the yellow box was a little smaller. Background check is complete. :anamatedbanana :hurry:

EVEN BETTER UPDATE - The website went all green this morning at 6:40 am. It’s officially been mailed... I’ll post up when it arrives so you have a final count on days, but paperwork to mailed 15 days. I’m guessing it will be here on a Friday.

FINAL UPDATE - Plastic arrived Nov 2nd!!!!!! darn that was quick....
Last edited by Dzydvl on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.


Glock438715
Junior Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Glock438715 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Dzydvl wrote:Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

Online Application Submitted - 10-9-17
Fingerprints at IdentaGo - 10-13-17
LTC Class passed and Paperwork scanned - 10-16-17

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DSP site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Gripe - Time goes slower on the weekend I swear I saw the clock running backwards a few times today....... OK back to cleaning my pistol

About the same for me.. I submitted everything monday 10/9... All green checks (except background and print) 10/10 i thought that was fast lol.
This past friday morning at my mandatory 730am check haha background done green check... Im ready to check my print pending in 9 hours lol
Proud Father. Proud Husband. Proud Texan.
I couldn't be happier.... :coolgleamA:


Dzydvl
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby Dzydvl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 am

Glock438715 wrote:
Dzydvl wrote:Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

Online Application Submitted - 10-9-17
Fingerprints at IdentaGo - 10-13-17
LTC Class passed and Paperwork scanned - 10-16-17

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DSP site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Gripe - Time goes slower on the weekend I swear I saw the clock running backwards a few times today....... OK back to cleaning my pistol

About the same for me.. I submitted everything monday 10/9... All green checks (except background and print) 10/10 i thought that was fast lol.
This past friday morning at my mandatory 730am check haha background done green check... Im ready to check my print pending in 9 hours lol


So how long did it take to to change from Print Pending to whatever is next??


Return to “The "Waiting Room"”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests