2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

SA-TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby SA-TX » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Submitted on 9/4, received it today. :thewave

agsalaza30

Postby agsalaza30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 am

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

Update!!!!
As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave

agsalaza30

Postby agsalaza30 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:06 pm

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

Update!!!!
9-26-17... As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave

UPDATE!!!
9-27-17... Plastic in hand!!! 19 Days Total
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :txflag: :patriot:
:thewave

sammeow

Postby sammeow » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Very suprised , 11 business days for renewal. Submitted Saturday the 17 th and in hand today.

Killadocg23

Postby Killadocg23 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Well, I mailed in my stuff and DPS received it on 9/8
Called today said it was mailed out on 10/2. so expecting it this week.
So 16 business days from receiving application to mailing it out.
Not bad!

Killadocg23

Postby Killadocg23 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Got my card today.
In total it took me exactly ONE month 9/4-10/4 from the day I went to the post office to mail the supplies off to picking it up from my mailbox.
DPS just took 16 business days from receiving it to mailing it out. Not bad! I sent everything in one time too so I'm sure that helped a lot!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks for this information on processing times folks. DPS is doing a fantastic job and it doesn't appear that lowering the state fee has caused a backlog problem.

Chas.

lonestar144

Postby lonestar144 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Took CHL class 9/16/2017
Submitted all documents 9/18
Fingerprints done 9/19
All was received and under review 9/21
Print pending 9/26
Mailed 9/28
Plastic in hand 10/2

So in all, 10 business days

Hack Job

Postby Hack Job » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:28 pm

9/18 Completed online renewal and pymt
10/6 Mailed

15 business days. This includes a delay where I was required to submit documentation updating my mil status to retired. The update was taken care of with a quick phone call and an email.

amichener

Postby amichener » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm

LTC Status

September 1st – Submitted My Application
September 10th – Submitted My Fingerprints With Identigo
October 7th – Completed the LTC Class and Qualifications
October 7th – Submitted the LTC100 Electronically To TXDPS
October 10th – DPS Website Updated To Everything Green Except Fingerprints, Background Check, and Print Pending are Yellow

Will update Once Everything is Green

:patriot:

UPDATE:
October 19th - Fingerprints and Background Check are now GREEN :anamatedbanana
Now just sitting at PRINT PENDING
Last edited by amichener on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

oljames3

Postby oljames3 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 pm

17 September online renewal and payment

10 October mailed

My first LTC!

:thewave
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

redacted

Postby redacted » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 am

Class taken 10/1
Application Submitted (with fee payment) 10/1
Fingerprints on 10/4
Fingerprints received and Pending Background Check 10/6
Background check done, print pending 10/14

Dzydvl

Postby Dzydvl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

Online Application Submitted - 10-9-17
Fingerprints at IdentaGo - 10-13-17
LTC Class passed and Paperwork scanned - 10-16-17

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DSP site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”