"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Interblog
Posts in topic: 9

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Interblog »

aimeerouton wrote:Class: 01/13
App: 01/14
Fingerprints: 01/17
Documents submitted: 01/17

Still waiting on background check. :waiting:

I should note - clean background, no arrests, born & raised in TX....numerous FBI background checks that didn’t even take this long? Curious...
My stuff was all submitted 01/18 and still no movement on the background check. I have a 100% clean record and an existing TWIC (a TSA credential which requires a background check).

I wonder if we just happened to be two of those who ended up on a slow reviewer’s desk?

Or, your username appears as if it might be female. Maybe they take longer to review us girls (which would be an absurdity).

aimeerouton
Posts in topic: 10

Post by aimeerouton »

Interblog wrote:
aimeerouton wrote:Class: 01/13
App: 01/14
Fingerprints: 01/17
Documents submitted: 01/17

Still waiting on background check. :waiting:

I should note - clean background, no arrests, born & raised in TX....numerous FBI background checks that didn’t even take this long? Curious...
My stuff was all submitted 01/18 and still no movement on the background check. I have a 100% clean record and an existing TWIC (a TSA credential which requires a background check).

I wonder if we just happened to be two of those who ended up on a slow reviewer’s desk?

Or, your username appears as if it might be female. Maybe they take longer to review us girls (which would be an absurdity).
Not that I’m happy about your shared bad luck, but I am glad I’m not the only one lol. It seems like those of us with clean records who’ve previously had BG checks are taking longer??? At least per this board it seems that way. I had a BG check done for DPS before and also with an airport where I was employed. Maybe I’m just trying to make an association & grasping, but...

Could totally be we’re female. :shock: :roll:

It’s driving me bananas!!!

Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Not a female, 100% clean record. This is day 51 for me and I too am stuck at Background. I did have to go thru a background check years ago for a Pawn License. Sorry to bring you the news but it's not that you are females, seems like we were all sent to some slow slacker of a reviewer or something. I have called twice and that was absolutely a waste of time.

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

Capgun76 wrote:Not a female, 100% clean record. This is day 51 for me and I too am stuck at Background. I did have to go thru a background check years ago for a Pawn License. Sorry to bring you the news but it's not that you are females, seems like we were all sent to some slow slacker of a reviewer or something. I have called twice and that was absolutely a waste of time.
Lol, sorry to hear about your bad luck too. I haven’t called because in reading thru the posts it seems like nobody’s really gotten anywhere. You’re probably right, we probably got stacked on somebody’s desk who’s slacking or been out for a month with the flu (lol). But it really does strike me odd that those of us with no records & previous BG’s are slower. Again, probably just a coincidence. But still.

My husband is a couple weeks behind me & if I know my luck, he’ll get his before I get mine! :lol:

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

If anyone lists anything at all on their application- traffic tickets, dismissed charges, arrests, altercations, minor issues, etc.- literally anything at all- those apps take super long & go through same process as a person with lots of major charges on Their records. They don’t process by age, gender, etc.

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

I had ONE traffic ticket 14-ish years ago which was not entered into my record because I went through the process (drivers education course, etc.). It did not impact my car insurance rates in any way. That's my only potential appearance in the public records of an enforcement nature.

I did file an amicus brief on a civil lawsuit about 2 years ago, in support of one of the parties. Then later I wondered if maybe the other party to the suit had done anything in retaliation for my action. Like maybe filed a false complaint of some kind with a law enforcement agency, or something like that?

So I asked my husband, "How would I research whether or not something like that did occur?" And he said, "It's basically impossible."

FWIW.

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

infoman wrote:If anyone lists anything at all on their application- traffic tickets, dismissed charges, arrests, altercations, minor issues, etc.- literally anything at all- those apps take super long & go through same process as a person with lots of major charges on Their records. They don’t process by age, gender, etc.
Well that explains mine then. While I have a totally clean record, I did have something happen in 2013 I think it was and I did list it, as my instructor told us we should put absolutely anything & everything. SO that would explain why! Thanks for the info.

TxZombietattoos
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TxZombietattoos »

DPS accepted documents on 1/17/18 as off 2/22/18 all green pending print. Thanks for all the support y'all have a good one

rseward
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rseward »

infoman wrote:If anyone lists anything at all on their application- traffic tickets, dismissed charges, arrests, altercations, minor issues, etc.- literally anything at all- those apps take super long & go through same process as a person with lots of major charges on Their records. They don’t process by age, gender, etc.
I don't think this is true... I had an arrest (from 1997) for DUI, that I listed on my application. The charges were dismissed after completion of a "Diversion Program". For the purpose of this application, DPS treats it the same as a conviction.
I submitted my application on Thursday 02/15/18
Completed the class and submited LTC-100 on Saturday 02/17/18
Fingerprinted on Monday 02/19/18
Checked status on Friday 02/23/18
and everything is green with "received" or "completed" status, except "Licence To Carry A Handgun: Print Pending"

I'm not sure how long this last portion takes, but I'm guessing I should receive my LTC within a week or two.

Zane
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Zane »

Long time lurker...

I'm 52 yrs 'old' I had one arrest for "minor" in possession when I was 18 (two weeks after they changed the drinking age to 19 and we weren't even drinking, the stuff was hot) that never entered the system, one of those Johnson County scared straight moments, I think.

I called four different people in the county and they could not find my name in any of their records. So...

LTC Class 1/06/18
Finger Prints and Forms submitted 1/09
All green with Background check yellow 1/15
wait,
wait,
worry,
wait,
Background check green 2/15!!!
LTC Mailed green 2/20

Daily walk to mailbox still underway...lol

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

Wow! You guys definitely seem to be getting them in faster than mine. I’m still pending on my background check. 37 days since I’ve submitted everything!

Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Day 53 here, Background still yellow ,and has been the only thing for the entire 53 days. I did not list ANY interactions with law enforcement as I have NONE, other than a couple speeding tickets over the last 25 years. I called them again yesterday, the response was that all people wait 60 days, I told her that was not true, and then asked what happens after 60 days and she said at the 60 day point they would issue my license. I just said ok and that was that, but I feel that is unlikely the way it works. Good luck to all of us stragglers!

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

aimeerouton wrote:Wow! You guys definitely seem to be getting them in faster than mine. I’m still pending on my background check. 37 days since I’ve submitted everything!
FWIW, my husband suspects that you are correct in your previous suspicion – that those of us with prior background checks take longer because DPS might have to order in copies of those reports from other agencies, which might take their sweet time to deliver.

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

Interblog wrote:
aimeerouton wrote:Wow! You guys definitely seem to be getting them in faster than mine. I’m still pending on my background check. 37 days since I’ve submitted everything!
FWIW, my husband suspects that you are correct in your previous suspicion – that those of us with prior background checks take longer because DPS might have to order in copies of those reports from other agencies, which might take their sweet time to deliver.
I knew we were onto something! ;-)

I guess we’ll see how the next 3 weeks go!

joerako
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joerako »

joerako wrote:Has anyone had issues with the status check feature? When I input my information it shows:

"LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Please Note: Once a license has been issued, this service will no longer be available."

I completed the application on 2/6/18 fingerprints on 2/7/18 and turned in LTC-100 on 2/12/18 and it has not updated.

Concerned I messaged the DPS and got a response that everything was submitted and in processing, I just would be more comfortable if i was seeing something different on that status screen.
This finally changed! on Wednesday it changed to everything green except print and BC. Today it changed to BC cleared and only waiting on print.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”