Over 30 days since I got my PIN

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 4

Over 30 days since I got my PIN

Post by O6nop »

That was the first week in May, I completed my application and sent it in around the first wek of April. I don't know if the 60 day response is from the day they received it or from the time I got my PIN. Any ideas?

By the way, I'm new to this forum I'm planning on carrying my Kimber Pro Carry II. I've got a IWB and have been practicing a lot at both indoor and outdoor ranges.

Diode

Post by Diode »

Once you pass the 60 day mark I'd give them a call and check on it. I had good luck calling around 8:30 am. hit the "O" when the recording starts up. Welcome to the forums and the waiting room. :)

jim

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

The 60 days is calendar days from when they received your application. The 30 days that it took for you to get your PIN counts as a part of that 60 days... so you are right at 60 now. Call them and see what they say, but don't be surprised if it isn't ready even though it legally has to be ready now. No teeth in that part of the bill though... I would suggest calling your elected officials as well though. They need to know when state agencies aren't following the law.

Although I bet Chas has more luck during the '07 session than you will, calling on 2 fronts isn't a bad thing.

Topic author
O6nop

It's on it's way!

Post by O6nop »

I just checked the website one more time before calling and I got a new status "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
So I expect it will be in my hands before the end of the week!

So actually, depending on how long it took for the Post Office to deliver, it was right about 60 days.

Out of the Waiting Room and into the rest of the Forum.
Thanks for your support.

barres

Post by barres »

Hate to burst your bubble, 06nop, but it usually takes 7 - 10 days from the time the status changes until you get the license in your hands. At least that seems to be the rule of thumb as reported around here. The DPS apparently mails out the licenses only once per week. I've always heard it's on Thursdays, but I cannot confirm that.

Topic author
O6nop

Post by O6nop »

Hate to burst your bubble, 06nop, but it usually takes 7 - 10 days from the time the status changes until you get the license in your hands
You're probably right. I'll let everyone know what the results are.

Diode

Post by Diode »

O6nop wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble, 06nop, but it usually takes 7 - 10 days from the time the status changes until you get the license in your hands
You're probably right. I'll let everyone know what the results are.
Good to know it's on it's wat though!

Topic author
O6nop

Bubble never burst!

Post by O6nop »

Guess what guys! :grin: :grin: :grin: The license arrived in the mail today!
I kept checking the website, Monday, as far as I can tell, it switched to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" and today it got here. The 7-10 day period must have started before the website changed. Pleasant surprise. Man, things really started progressing after getting on this forum! :grin:

The only bad part is that my birthday is next month, so it needs to be renewed right at 4 years, no bonus time. :sad: That's OK, I'm ready to start using it.

kw5kw

Re: Bubble never burst!

Post by kw5kw »

O6nop wrote:Guess what guys! :grin: :grin: :grin: The license arrived in the mail today!
I kept checking the website, Monday, as far as I can tell, it switched to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" and today it got here. The 7-10 day period must have started before the website changed. Pleasant surprise. Man, things really started progressing after getting on this forum! :grin:

The only bad part is that my birthday is next month, so it needs to be renewed right at 4 years, no bonus time. :sad: That's OK, I'm ready to start using it.
Congrats, and carry safely!

Diode

Post by Diode »

Hey! that's great! Be safe and smart!
:cheers2:

Skipper5

Re: Bubble never burst!

Post by Skipper5 »

O6nop wrote:Guess what guys! :grin: :grin: :grin: The license arrived in the mail today!

Congrats 06nop!!!! Enjoy your Wally Walk and be safe daily! :lol:
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Diode

Post by Diode »

Welcome to the club. Carry safely!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”