SHE JUST HAD TO ASK!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEXASGIANT
Posts in topic: 1

SHE JUST HAD TO ASK!

Post by TEXASGIANT »

I had almost forgotten about the whole thing and then it happened. The wife asked if I should call someone to see what was going on with our packets! Now I have to start trying to forget again!
mailed on 06MAY06 NO PIN YET. I stand a better chance of figuring out how to post a pic here b4 getting my card.
I'll be ok. :willynilly:

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

It does seem like a long wait when it's you that's waiting. It'll come.

There are plenty of things you can do to pass the time. Dry fire practice is good. You can wear your empty holster concealed and get used to it being there. Count ammunition, 1 at a time, by twos, by threes and so on. Clean your gun over and over and over. Of course there are other things to do besides gun stuff. Wax the truck/car, lawn care, balance the checkbook, etc. Those things aren't as much fun but getting them out of the way now will free up more time to poke holes in paper bad guys later.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

Over a month and no signs of life yet? That's depressing. I just took my class yesterday and was gonna get a money order on Monday. :sigh:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”