Just Steppin in.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Just Steppin in.

Post by Liberty »

I guess officially I am not here yet. I took the class in Texas City. and need to get a cashiers check and actually mail it off.

I found the class experiance pretty positive. Our instructer helped with the paper work, fingerprints, and photography. The most important thing he did though was to make us think. He presentented real scenarios and incidents, and how they went right and/or wrong. Although I am very familiar all sorts of long guns, it was only my 3nd time firing a handgun. I am finding practice is making me a better marksman, that and a couple of tips from Jim. It was raining pretty hard, my glasses were fogging up badly. At times I could only see the silhouette, I couldn't even see the supports holding up the target. talk about realtime training! Thanks Tom.
So I have things to do before my CHL gets here. I will practice and I will pump lots of lead down the Texas City Range. I also ned to figure out how to wear my handgun. Its a big ruger 9MM and I haven't figured out yet the best way to carry it. The wait begins, but I've things to do.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

Liberty,
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you experience with Tom was a good one and that you received some great training. I don't think that will come as a shock to many people. He is truely top notch.

If you would like to get together and shoot at the Texas City range...I would be more than happy to offer what knowledge I have about concealed carry and what works and doesn't. I find your experience with flintlock pistols interesting and would enjoy a lesson on them. I look forward to hearing about what you choose in regard to carry method. Keep reading the posts here and find a limitless amount of real experience and opinion. I know many of the people on this forum personally and unlike many places on the internet, this one is filled with people that actually do make gun safety and concealed carry a part of their everyday life.

Let me know if you would like to go out and shoot sometime...any weekend for the most part is good for me. I am local. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Thanks, what a great welcome. I'm going to feel right at home here. I've got lots of questions and lots to learn. Your right about Tom, I was dreading the long class and long day beforehand, but he made it not only interesting, but when the class was over I found myself wondering where the day had gone! Was not only painless but enjoyable.
I look forward to meeting up with you at the TC range. It will be a great opportunity and lots of fun.

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

You don't need to wait to get a cashiers check, that requirement is no longer in effect, a personnal check will do just fine. Hurry up and get it in the mail so you can get started on the all too long wait!

Dave B.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

They do take checks but they also hold the paper work til the check clears. :roll: Most law abiding citizens in the stated & they hold the paper work til the check clears. :mad5
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

Thats the first time I heard of that. Thanks for correcting me, the last thing we need to do is slow the process down even more!

Dave B.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”