July 2010 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

techalum
Posts in topic: 20

Re: July 2010 Applications

Post by techalum »

My wall walk was rather uneventful. I was using a Tennessee Holster Company IWB and arrying a Springfield Armory XD40 4". I was wearing my usual get up of boots and jeans and a polo shirt. I had no problems wit the printing. Then again, maybe I did. I jus didn' worry about it at all. It was a normal day in wal mart. Bought some ammo, got my son a toy and groceries. I walked around my house with wearing my piece. I think that helped a lot!

I love the world of CHL!!!

:patriot:
6/24/2010 Online application completed
710/2010 Course completed
7/12/2010 Required documents on checklist mailed
7/15/2010 Status avalable on website
7/29/2010: Fingerprint Check completed
8/13/2010: Background Check completed
8/18/2010: MAILED!
8/21/2010: PLASTIC!

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hirundo82 »

I'm on my first renewal and my license doesn't expire until October, so I haven't been checking as obsessively as the initial applicants here (but I remember those days). Took the class 7/3, mailed the documents about a week later. Checked my status online a couple of weeks later. Status changed to pending printing on Tuesday, and this morning it said "Mailed."

Less than 2 months from course to the license being sent out--not bad.

xdtom40
Posts in topic: 6

Post by xdtom40 »

FINALLY SAYS MAILED :thewave

Went manufacture pending Wednesday and "mailed" this morning. I hope it gets here tomorrow, since I am only 28 miles from Headquarters.

Sent my stuff in for renewal 7/19 to give you an idea how long it took.

GRRRRRRRR.....Not here Saturday :mad5
Last edited by xdtom40 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xperthunter
Posts in topic: 19

Post by xperthunter »

Congratz to all who recieved recently, and i'm still hanging out w/ all those who didnt!
"Ad Securitas per Unitas"

CHL Valid through Apr 2015

Llanero
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Llanero »

Congratulations everyone on your updates and Wally Walks. :cheers2:

Here is an updated chart.

Born on the Llano Estacado!

cableguy
Posts in topic: 23

Post by cableguy »

Llanero wrote:Congratulations everyone on your updates and Wally Walks. :cheers2:

Here is an updated chart.

WOW it has been 60 days hasn't it. Well since I did have to have to resend my photos I hope it wont be much longer. Everything is green except the background check so I am hoping that it won't be much longer. Oh and thank you LLanero for the chart.
5/22 online app.
6/26 chl class
6/28 packet sent certified mail
6/30 packet recieved
7/24 online update
8/03 F.P. complete
08/14 resent new photos
08/24 photos green(received)
9/17 Still waiting
10/20 Background Check Complete
10/26 MAILED!!!!
10/29 PIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefkristian

Post by chefkristian »

Howdy All, kinda new to the forum. Been lurking for a while... My status changed on Wednesday to "Manufacturing Pending"... I hope they mail it before Labor day :biggrinjester:

I live only 6 miles from home base so I hope it gets here quick. :txflag:
NRA Member
TSRA Member
7-24-10 CHL Class
7-28-10 Online Application & hand delivered paperwork
9-03-10 PIH! 38 days...

Crackin5
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Crackin5 »

WOW I checked my status on a Sunday morning and my fingerprints are complete.. :hurry: Still tick off that everyone in my class has recieved their plastic, :banghead: and Im still waiting but it is a step in the right direction.
Class: 7/17/10
Application Mailed: 7/19/10
Application Recieved: 7/22/10
Status Available online: 7/29/10
fingerprints 8/29/10
background complete: 8/31/2010
Mailed 9/2/2010
Plastic 9/7/2010

justaute

Post by justaute »

No plastic for me yet. My status has been "Manufacturing Pending" for about a week.
Crackin5 wrote:WOW I checked my status on a Sunday morning and my fingerprints are complete.. :hurry: Still tick off that everyone in my class has recieved their plastic, :banghead: and Im still waiting but it is a step in the right direction.
Background Check: 8/19/2010
CHL: 9/7/2010

bigred90gt
Posts in topic: 9

Post by bigred90gt »

My plastic finally showed up today, 42 days mailbox to mailbox. I took my class on 7/17 and mailed my paperwork on 7/19. I had to go home at lunch today to get my Para so I could take it in and have the ambi safety installed, so I checked the mail while I was there, and there it was. Since I was already at home, I went ahead and grabbed my little .380 (bought a Diamondback DB.380 this weekend at the gun show) and threw it in my pocket.

Unfortunately, the company I work at is owned by the french, and they have a no weapons policy anywhere on the property, and you have to go through a security gate to get to the parking lot. So I, along with 3 other people, am now parking outside of the gate on the grass between the fence and the street. It's not the end of the world, it just sucks that I have to now worry about getting my car stuck Mustangs and mud are not a good combination.

chefkristian

Post by chefkristian »

So, does "Manufacturing Pending" mean that all of the paperwork goes to yet another desk for review to make sure that all of the t's are crossed and i's are dotted? Just curious because it seems that there is no methodology to the whole process...and of course I am anxious :lol::
NRA Member
TSRA Member
7-24-10 CHL Class
9-03-10 PIH! 38 days...

wninja
Posts in topic: 12

Post by wninja »

Did my wally walk today, although it was modified heavily (is that legal? :P). I hardly ever shop at Walmart, and chanced upon an opportunity to perform a wally walk tonight. My mom visits her family in Vietnam once a year and spends lavishly on high tech junk for the little ones. Since I am the immediate tech junkie in the family, she asked me to come along with her to Best Buy to help her pick stuff out. For the record, I do not really like Best Buy...they usually treat everyone as if they are computer illiterate, I personally avoid shopping there. My mom wanted to use her 18 months 0 interest card at Best Buy though, so I agree to come along to make sure she doesn't get ripped off. I tossed on a Crossbreed Supertuck with my Glock 19. I wore what I wore the entire day, my work clothing. A black polo shirt with my company logo and a pair of khaki tru-spec 24/7 pants. I've crotch-ripped jeans in the past at my job working in a warehouse, so I added a couple of ripstop fabric tac-pants into my work clothes. The jeans brand were Arizona for the record...fits great, but started to rip after a year of rigorous warehouse ninja-ing.

I drove the cart while she went on her spree. I personally needed a new USB mouse for work, since mine started leaking (I used it for so long that the rubber grip gel wore through until the gel underneath was exposed, nasty stuff). I took the liberty of grabbing a new mouse from the highest shelf I could find it on. Spotted a blue shirt heading my way out of the corner of my eye as I reached up for the mouse. I hoped that he wouldn't come up to me with the obligatory "Hello sir, do you need any help?" at such an inopportune moment when I have my arm in the air. He breezed right past me to a computer nook to find a price for someone else a couple of aisles down. Paranoia? Or situational awareness? :P

Our stuff was rung up at customer service, which happened to be the busiest area right before closing. In-store pickups, returns, etc. I got a little nervous. The family next to us had a couple of little kids running around eye level with my CCW..*please don't run into me*. There are no food joints in best buys so I had to omit the eating part of the wally walk. We spent a good hour there, it was mostly Best Buy sales reps trying to feed my mom lies ("we took the liberty of creating a restore disc for you so we can charge you more money"), and me telling them we could buy this stuff elsewhere without the "extras." Well they took the restore disc back and sold the laptop at advertised price. What would mom do without me? She let me do the talking on the other laptop she wanted to buy. "Ok I want this one, but without any of that extra crap you try to sell to people...the optimizations and bloatware removal...I can do that myself." I'm not normally rude to people, but again, not a big fan of Best Buy or the extra crap they try to throw in with laptops/computers...and well, I don't want them to insult me by trying to sell me something I don't need/something I can do myself...for free.

On the way out, there was this smokin' cougar in a slinky dress in the cell phone section, lookin like she just came from somewhere fancy. Instantly caught my eye. And then her husband (dressed sharply as well) appeared to have caught me staring. Wewps. It'd be really embarrassing if he was a member on this forum. If you are...I didn't mean to stare, your wife is a fox! I'm digressing..

At the end of the evening, my mom drops me off at my apartment, along with her haul. She asked me to go through everything to function check them to make sure they're good to go, and that she'd come back to pick them up another day when I'm done.

Best part of the night? My mom didn't know I was carrying, nor did she notice. I did bang my holster/gun against the side of her truck while getting out of it, but followed up quickly with an "oww!" And in typical mom fashion, she says "be careful."
"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things."

7/12/2010: Packet mailed
8/20/2010: Plastic in hand

Crackin5
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Crackin5 »

YEAH BACKGROUND Complete!!!! :cheers2:
Class: 7/17/10
Application Mailed: 7/19/10
Application Recieved: 7/22/10
Status Available online: 7/29/10
fingerprints 8/29/10
background complete: 8/31/2010
Mailed 9/2/2010
Plastic 9/7/2010

xdtom40

Post by xdtom40 »

Mine showed MAILED Friday morning and it still isn't here and I'm only 26 miles from HQ. I send mail ALL the time and it is there the next day. When they say MAILED, I don't believe it! :mad5

chefkristian

Post by chefkristian »

xdtom40 wrote:Mine showed MAILED Friday morning and it still isn't here and I'm only 26 miles from HQ. I send mail ALL the time and it is there the next day. When they say MAILED, I don't believe it! :mad5
At least yours says mailed :) mine is in limbo...
NRA Member
TSRA Member
7-24-10 CHL Class
9-03-10 PIH! 38 days...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”