And the wait continues

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jeremae »

Simpler yet

Get 1 Large Rural mail box and 1 small normal urban mailbox, remove door from smaller box, suspend inside larger box and fill surrounding space with cement.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

Jeremae wrote:Simpler yet

Get 1 Large Rural mail box and 1 small normal urban mailbox, remove door from smaller box, suspend inside larger box and fill surrounding space with cement.
That was considered, but it looks like they're going to extra trouble if the first pass doesn't do enough damage. I'm thinking the concrete-insert box on the railroad-rail post will fight back to an extent, and at least leave some identifying marks on their vehicle.

Topic author
barres
Posts in topic: 7

Re: One BIG step closer!

Post by barres »

KD5NRH wrote:Oh well...still "Processing," so I guess I'll have to take a night off soon to sit out there with a camera and wait.
They might be hard to find with deer season still being a ways off, but Walmart usually carries a camera/motion detector setup that will automatically take a picture when there is enough movement to trip the motion detector. I think it was about $50, but I'm not sure. The trick would be ensuring that the vandals don't destroy the camera after they see it flash.

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

Finally got an e-mail from Ms. Leach today. She said the license was mailed out last Friday (6/9) and it should be here in time for my Father's Day trip!

I have heard that the DPS only mails licenses out on Thursday, so, if that is usually the case, then Ms. Leach must have gotten it into the mail personally. That deserves a hearty thank you to Ms. Leach! And I asked her for her supervisor's contact information to send him/her a commendation for Ms. Leach's help.

Diode
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Diode »

barres wrote:Finally got an e-mail from Ms. Leach today. She said the license was mailed out last Friday (6/9) and it should be here in time for my Father's Day trip!

I have heard that the DPS only mails licenses out on Thursday, so, if that is usually the case, then Ms. Leach must have gotten it into the mail personally. That deserves a hearty thank you to Ms. Leach! And I asked her for her supervisor's contact information to send him/her a commendation for Ms. Leach's help.
Good man, I sent her super a note as well, she is a very helpful and nice lady. At least to me she was. SO set u pcamp at the Mailbox my friend your almost there!

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Re: One BIG step closer!

Post by KD5NRH »

barres wrote:
KD5NRH wrote:Oh well...still "Processing," so I guess I'll have to take a night off soon to sit out there with a camera and wait.
They might be hard to find with deer season still being a ways off, but Walmart usually carries a camera/motion detector setup that will automatically take a picture when there is enough movement to trip the motion detector. I think it was about $50, but I'm not sure. The trick would be ensuring that the vandals don't destroy the camera after they see it flash.
I looked for one of those Monday night, but they didn't have any in stock, and none of the wired or wireless low-light cameras they carry will work for our situation. (300ft range, driveway's almost 300yds)

I finally got around to putting up the new box this morning, and it looks like there are multiple impacts with something that has a round striking face on the old box. I counted eight "face hits" and two "haft hits," which would indicate to me that they stopped and took some time, as opposed to the usual "smash it on the move" vandals.

They uprooted the landlord's post and box, which had about 2 cu ft of concrete anchoring it, so I'm considering borrowing a welder, and making a double post setup, with 3" heavy pipe posts attached to a 6ft deadman anchor, and concreting the whole darn thing in about 3ft deep so at least next time we should get their bumper and license plate out of the deal. :evil:

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jeremae »

If you use pipe...cover it with wood grain wallpaper... :twisted:
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

It arrived on Wednesday!!! :grin: I'm legal! I carried to church mid-week services Wednesday night and on some errands last night, but I can't carry at work, because I work on a prison facility, but tonight will be the Wally World trip and out for a bite to eat!

:chldancing :party: :woohoo

Diode
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Diode »

barres wrote:It arrived on Wednesday!!! :grin: I'm legal! I carried to church mid-week services Wednesday night and on some errands last night, but I can't carry at work, because I work on a prison facility, but tonight will be the Wally World trip and out for a bite to eat!

:chldancing :party: :woohoo
Good deal!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”