"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KurtFTW
Posts in topic: 31

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by KurtFTW »

KurtFTW wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forum. I saw a thread made by someone experiencing the same trouble I am.

Submitted Application: 11/10/16
Submitted Fingerprints: 11/11/16
Submitted CHL-100 prior to this because I had an old application on file and was told via email that they were just waiting on my fingerprints and CHL-100. Only to be told later the application was too old(nearly 3 years...don't judge :lol: ) and that I would need to resubmit an application and fingerprints.

At first the website showed a status of Application Submitted.
Since then it has not updated at all and shows no status whatsoever.

Emailing only gets a cookie cutter reply.

Should I call and inquire or do you think I just need to cool my jets and let nature take it's course?
Letting nature take it's course was the right call. Woke up this morning bound and determined to call today if no updated status was available when... 12/02/16

Now I'm just waiting on that background check then we'll be all green!
Well here it is Dec 6th. with no change to my background check status. Also I'm out of town which makes me wonder if I'll get home to find a letter from RSD asking for more information from me. I'll keep watching this week.
12/08/16 - Background Check: Complete
12/08/16 - Print Pending :hurry:
Last edited by KurtFTW on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA 5 Year Member | Sig Sauer P320

fr0van
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fr0van »

Skiprr: You must be the baddest dude on the planet or not too smart or both. You are clearly lacking in the manners and finesse departments. "Do not do it again". If I get my CHL I plan to continue to use my manners as all other CHL holders but you seem to do. My last post. If you're in charge, please throw me off.

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

fr0van wrote:Skiprr: You must be the baddest dude on the planet or not too smart or both. You are clearly lacking in the manners and finesse departments. "Do not do it again". If I get my CHL I plan to continue to use my manners as all other CHL holders but you seem to do. My last post. If you're in charge, please throw me off.
I fail to see why you are being defensive. As a moderator of these forums, he has the right to enforce the rules as stated and politely ask you to refrain from breaking any of those rules. He also has the right to not so politely ask you to refrain from it.

I understand the frustration of waiting on the system and stalking my mailbox for my license. Truth is and the reality of it as I've learned so far...we ALL know the frustration and struggle of anticipation. The DPS is doing a great job of handling the influx of applications as of late and as the saying goes, "all good things come to those who wait". I may be impatient. You may be impatient. However, that does not give you a free pass to be rude and hateful toward a man who is just doing his job as a moderator.

That's just my opinion. That and 8 cents will pay tax on a dollar!

Have a great day and best of luck to you with your wait!!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

fr0van wrote:Skiprr: You must be the baddest dude on the planet or not too smart or both. You are clearly lacking in the manners and finesse departments. "Do not do it again". If I get my CHL I plan to continue to use my manners as all other CHL holders but you seem to do. My last post. If you're in charge, please throw me off.
Terry, your wish is my command.

I honestly hate to see any LTC applicant go, because license holders are, demonstrably, the best of the best.

But you should check your definition of "manners," my young buck. I didn't assault you. The Forum rules are clearly posted and to join you have to acknowledge that you have read and agreed to abide by them.

I hope the best for you.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Centex3kGT
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Centex3kGT »

New to this forum. Let my waiting begin!

12-01-16 - LTC class completed
12-07-16 - Electronic Application filed
12-09-16 - Fingerprints completed at Identogo
12-09-16 - All supporting docs uploaded

Checked status page this morning, still on the Submitted page, and not yet updated to detailed checklist.
Gun Control - (verb) -
1. To use both hands when aiming.

----------
Star Firestar M40

jweg84
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jweg84 »

Centex3kGT wrote:New to this forum. Let my waiting begin!

12-01-16 - LTC class completed
12-07-16 - Electronic Application filed
12-09-16 - Fingerprints completed at Identogo
12-09-16 - All supporting docs uploaded

Checked status page this morning, still on the Submitted page, and not yet updated to detailed checklist.
Don't be alarmed if in the next day or two the "submitted" portion of the page goes away and all you see is the page about submitting to be an LTC instructor. Mine sat with no status and no "submitted" info for around two weeks before I got the detailed checklist.
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Centex3kGT

Post by Centex3kGT »

jweg84 wrote:Don't be alarmed if in the next day or two the "submitted" portion of the page goes away and all you see is the page about submitting to be an LTC instructor. Mine sat with no status and no "submitted" info for around two weeks before I got the detailed checklist.
Thanks for the heads up!
Gun Control - (verb) -

----------
Star Firestar M40

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

Centex3kGT wrote: Thanks for the heads up!
No problem. Trying to save someone else from the "*gasp* my status went away and I don't know why" moment. I had that moment when I first submitted everything and I wondered what happened until I read through these forums for a while and realized this was normal.

Welcome to the forums. From the short time I've been a member, I can tell there are tons of very knowledgeable people here that are always willing to lend a hand.

Centex3kGT

Post by Centex3kGT »

jweg84 wrote:
No problem. Trying to save someone else from the "*gasp* my status went away and I don't know why" moment. I had that moment when I first submitted everything and I wondered what happened until I read through these forums for a while and realized this was normal.

Welcome to the forums. From the short time I've been a member, I can tell there are tons of very knowledgeable people here that are always willing to lend a hand.
Thank you again. My status just vanished. No panic here because of your warning!
Gun Control - (verb) -

----------
Star Firestar M40

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Centex3kGT wrote:
jweg84 wrote:

Thank you again. My status just vanished. No panic here because of your warning!
May I ask how you are checking your status? I only ask because since about midnight last night and even now I've tried to check the website and I keep getting told it's own for maintenance, but I can use my cell phone and it loads just fine. I'm curious if it's just me with the issue. Thanks.

Centex3kGT

Post by Centex3kGT »

KurtFTW wrote:
Centex3kGT wrote:
jweg84 wrote:

May I ask how you are checking your status? I only ask because since about midnight last night and even now I've tried to check the website and I keep getting told it's own for maintenance, but I can use my cell phone and it loads just fine. I'm curious if it's just me with the issue. Thanks.

I'm using Google Chrome on a windows 10 machine, and have not gotten a down for maintenance screen at all.
Gun Control - (verb) -

----------
Star Firestar M40

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Centex3kGT wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
Centex3kGT wrote:
jweg84 wrote:

I'm using Google Chrome on a windows 10 machine, and have not gotten a down for maintenance screen at all.
Huh. I'm also using Chrome on a Win10 machine. I did recently have some issues that caused me to reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if some are persisting. Anyway, thanks for that and I hope your wait is short. I'm about 30 days in and still "Print Pending".

Centex3kGT

Post by Centex3kGT »

Its probably been tried, and failed in the past, but I have set up a registered channel on freenode IRC chat for anyone here who wants to live chat. The channel is:
##LTC-Waiting-Room

I'm on IRC most days, for atleast a few hours.

For those who have never used IRC, here is a link to the web based client for freenode. Just make a username, and put the channel in, and you are good to go!

https://webchat.freenode.net/
Gun Control - (verb) -

----------
Star Firestar M40

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Centex3kGT wrote:Its probably been tried, and failed in the past, but I have set up a registered channel on freenode IRC chat for anyone here who wants to live chat. The channel is:
##LTC-Waiting-Room

I'm on IRC most days, for atleast a few hours.

For those who have never used IRC, here is a link to the web based client for freenode. Just make a username, and put the channel in, and you are good to go!

https://webchat.freenode.net/
I'm honestly not an IRC guy. Never have been. I prefer VoIP software mostly. Skype for example. But at least it's nice the option is there.

Also I found out that it's the link on the Texas DPS website that is acting up. If you go through Texas.gov it takes you to the status app just fine.

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

KurtFTW wrote:May I ask how you are checking your status? I only ask because since about midnight last night and even now I've tried to check the website and I keep getting told it's own for maintenance, but I can use my cell phone and it loads just fine. I'm curious if it's just me with the issue. Thanks.
I too was having issues on Friday night and most of the day yesterday. Seems to be working just fine today. Seems like they were having some website issues.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”