"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

John Connor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by John Connor »

Thanks! And as it looks I just received my chl just now in the mail lol

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 10

Post by CoolBreeze »

John Connor wrote:Thanks! And as it looks I just received my chl just now in the mail lol
Congrats!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

paul1982

Post by paul1982 »

Online Application: 7/11/14
Class and Fingerprints: 7/12/14
Mailed Docs: 7/14/14
CHEESE AND RICE I HATE WAITING! And it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet! What is "average" wait time?

Pluto
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pluto »

paul1982 wrote:Online Application: 7/11/14
CHEESE AND RICE I HATE WAITING! And it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet! What is "average" wait time?
People here lately have been getting lucky within a month...I'm at 72 days today and mine is on it's way in the mail...so you may or may not have a long wait time but I would expect between 45-65 days including weekends and from the time they actually received everything

Frontline830Tx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frontline830Tx »

Just got my plastic today!!!!!!!!! :anamatedbanana :fire :txflag: :clapping: Pretty quick actually:

Class: July 3rd
Everything else/App submitted: July 7th
Plastic: Today July 23rd
Your genetics load the gun. Your lifestyle pulls the trigger.

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Ok guys...I thought the time would have never come...I've enjoyed this waiting room, but on this day....this day the dps and regulatory Gods have answered my prayers...ladies and gentleman

MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!! :thewave :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :clapping: :coolgleamA: :smash: :fire :txflag:

It has been a fun 74 mailbox to mailbox wait (not really) and I hate to go, but I can't stay here. So here's to my last beer and shot of whiskey in the waiting room and here's a farewell to all of you fellow waiter minions that listened to all my rants and dealt with my impatience...I bid you good luck and may you receive yours soon too. I'll be around to answer anyone's questions since most just get their license and leave. Good luck and good bye, for now.

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Frontline830Tx wrote:Just got my plastic today!!!!!!!!! :anamatedbanana :fire :txfla. :clapping: Pretty quick actually:

Class: July 3rd
Everything else/App submitted: July 7th
Plastic: Today July 23rd

Congrats. I sent app on 6/29/14. Class on 6/30/14. Fingerprints done and chl 100 sent 7/1/14. Overnight and signed receipt on 7/2/14. Still in limbo. Hope mine is as fast as yours. Hate waiting. :anamatedbanana :banghead: ;-)

OPT1MUSPRIMERIB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OPT1MUSPRIMERIB »

I sent applied and sent in all my stuff by 6/21. I figured it would take over a month but I thought there was some way to check the status after reading all the posts. When I go to the chl website and enter my DOB and license number, it comes up with nothing. Should I be concerned or call to check status?

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

OPT1MUSPRIMERIB wrote:I sent applied and sent in all my stuff by 6/21. I figured it would take over a month but I thought there was some way to check the status after reading all the posts. When I go to the chl website and enter my DOB and license number, it comes up with nothing. Should I be concerned or call to check status?

I wouldn't be concerned...the only "update" you're going to be looking for is the option to change your address, name, report a lost license, etc. When you see options to do that it's on the way. I didn't start calling dps until around 50-55 days. It was around day 68 that I received my update.

stephen5150
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stephen5150 »

Well I reached out again earlier this week to the friendly folks at the Lic division by email.... I had been talking to the supervisor there. My app was lost at some point time during the process. I've been waiting for 7 months now. After resending my app to her on July the 2nd and receiving confirmation that it arrived I can now say as of the 25th of July my shiny piece of CHL plastic is making it's way to me via USPS! She said it should be here within 7 - 10 days. WOOOHOOO!

I will never let my CHL expire again. That was the dumbest mistake I ever made.

five.five-six

Post by five.five-six »

Came across this site & figured why not. Misery loves company, right?

Application: 07/24
Class: 07/26
Fingerprints: 07/29
Submitted Docs Online: 07/29

Patience has never been my virtue but what can you do.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson

stephen5150
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stephen5150 »

Boom! Plastic in hand. Very happy camper.

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Hello all. Haven't posted anything here before but have posted elsewhere. Just got acall from DPS telling me my application is processed and will have that little piece of plastic in 5-10 days. Started this journey on 7/2/14. So its been 34 days
which is not that bad. So for those still waiting, DPS has gotten a little quicker with their turnaround time. Can't wait for my first wally walk. :hurry: :cheers2: . :patriot: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave :txflag:

paul1982

Post by paul1982 »

Online Application: 7/11/14
Website changed to "Update Address, Update Contact Info, etc" 8/5/14

I am an OTR truck driver and I get to go home this weekend. Hoping to have a piece of plastic waiting for me in the mail.... fingers crossed!

mulfjohn

Post by mulfjohn »

Card is in hand. Came in today. So to all those still waiting, be patient, it will come. I am out of here. :txflag: :anamatedbanana :tiphat:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”