"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by tonym »

I never received a confirmation email . I have called DPS about a week ago and was told they have everything they needed. I knew better then to ask any other question about the status of my application knowing I would get the same old " we have 60 days " . so I just said thank you and hung up ... My problem with all the waiting is then not telling us anything.. I would love for them to say sir we have a problem with your background so its taking more time.. or sir I'm sorry but your application has been denied .. any thing but the same old thing... and one other thing.. my girlfriend sent her stuff in 3 weeks after I did and it only took around 20 days and she had hers in hand ... when I had to pay DPS for some surcharges for a ticket I got a few years ago.. they were quick to get there money... I'm on day 41 business days . I don't count the weekends

Zyme
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Zyme »

K5CLC wrote:
Zyme wrote:Not sure why I'm tied up so long. I've really been watching the thread to see others times. I'm 24 got a misdemeanor disturbing the peace when I was 18. No other trouble at all. I submitted my documents along with the class in October 2016. I received the confirmation email 10/31/16 that everything was received. I have lived in Texas and Louisiana 5+ years in Louisiana and 3 in Texas. Really no idea what the hold up is, they said they have 60 days but I think I'm on about day 50 or so now, not including weekends. I called DPS and they said they have everything it just hasn't procesed. I have been stuck on pending since 10/31. I'll just continue to be paitent and wait, I really wish I knew what the hold up was though.
Sorry you are waiting so long, certainly not encouraging for those of us waiting along with you. Hope things pan out for us all.
Yeah I really hope something happens soon. I recounted and I'm on day 53. I will be moving back to Louisiana anyway so it's seems like waiting for this is pointless, but I've already spent the money. Thought it would have atleast shipped by now. Really kinda discouraging.

Fun-Slinger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Fun-Slinger »

New here, been lurking lol
Just wanted to share my timeline:

12/20 Registered online
12/21 ltc class (Tom Estep, great class btw)
12/22 finger printing
12/22 submitted all documents
12/27 rsg confirmation email
12/30 Website updated. Print pending background check
01/03 Print pending
01/12 Mailed (morning)
01/12 card in hand (evening) :thumbs2:
CZ 75 P-01 9mm

Easyasmc
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Easyasmc »

K5CLC wrote:
Sandman45 wrote:I've been pending fingerprints and background since Dec the 3rd. Turned in all paperwork on Nov 10th. Ive called them 4 times to check the status in the last couple of weeks and every time I ask the same questions and get completely different answers... anyone else experience this? :banghead:
Right there with you, my stuff was turned in 11/22 but they say it didnt go into review til the 6th of December. Ive got the same status. We should hopefully see a change soon. I remain hopeful anyhow.

I'm in the same boat. 11/22 for me as well. Some possible reasons, and I'm just guessing:

If you have any arrests that you listed
If you are a veteran.
If you are a new resident of Texas.

I have all three. Perhaps it would have helped if I got an abstract of my misdemeanor from back in 1993.

Seems easier to just send off for an Arizona permit. If I finally get my LTC, I will overlap the 4 years for the Texas one at the 2 year mark with an Arizona one. God knows how long it takes to renew the LTC after this. at least I'll have a valid permit while I wait.

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 38

Post by K5CLC »

Seems easier to just send off for an Arizona permit. If I finally get my LTC, I will overlap the 4 years for the Texas one at the 2 year mark with an Arizona one. God knows how long it takes to renew the LTC after this crap. at least I'll have a valid permit while I wait.
Until you said that i didn't know that was possible but i looked at the Arizona concealed weapons website and sure enough it states you can apply as long as you are a US citizen. Would be just amazing to have to apply through another state other than my home state and place of my birth to have a constitutional right to arm myself.

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed ... ts/Obtain/
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

Easyasmc
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Easyasmc »

K5CLC wrote:
Seems easier to just send off for an Arizona permit. If I finally get my LTC, I will overlap the 4 years for the Texas one at the 2 year mark with an Arizona one. God knows how long it takes to renew the LTC after this crap. at least I'll have a valid permit while I wait.
Until you said that i didn't know that was possible but i looked at the Arizona concealed weapons website and sure enough it states you can apply as long as you are a US citizen. Would be just amazing to have to apply through another state other than my home state and place of my birth to have a constitutional right to arm myself.

No doubt. I've had a Mississippi CHL for over 10 years before moving to Japan for 6 years. Come back, move to Texas and its like pulling teeth.

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

No doubt. I've had a Mississippi CHL for over 10 years before moving to Japan for 6 years. Come back, move to Texas and its like pulling teeth.
I researched it on their site some more and emailed them, they responded immediately and are mailing me the CCW packet. Will be interesting to check it out.

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

Here is some really interesting reading if you haven't seen it before.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonR ... ermits.pdf

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Post by JCC511 »

Still the same status since at least 12/14/2016. Again, supporting documents submitted on 11/14/2016(which was a Sunday evening).

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

K5CLC

Peace For the Slow Applications

Post by K5CLC »

So, I have resolved that my application is not going to go fast like some of the reports. So, I put the date my application paperwork went into review on my calendar (Dec 6th) and counted out 60 days. Excluding State holidays, since I'm a State employee I know DPS will also have them off as well. After counting out 60 days (working days) I landed on March 2nd. Since I'm nowhere near that date yet I reached a point of 'zen', found my center, took a few deep breaths and decided I'm not complaining about it anymore. I will wait out the decision with patience and enjoy vehicle carry until then.
:deadhorse:

mvpdms
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mvpdms »

My confirmation of all supporting documents was received 11/14/16

This is my status as of today 1/13/2017

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

K5CLC wrote:

I'm shocked just how fast Arizona got back with me today.. I think I'm going to give this a try.. but I do have one question.. will the class we took for Texas Ltc work for Arizona ? or do we have to take a new class ?

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

tonym wrote:
K5CLC wrote:

I'm shocked just how fast Arizona got back with me today.. I think I'm going to give this a try.. but I do have one question.. will the class we took for Texas Ltc work for Arizona ? or do we have to take a new class ?
It appears that it would be accepted as showing proficiency with a weapon. They reaponded to me just as fast and said "your packet has been mailed". I said 'WOW!'

bobbybbcat
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bobbybbcat »

Ok..pretty surprised..my license was print pending as of last Friday 1/6..it showed up in the mail yesterday..my status never changed to mailed so Chris don't give up..I'm sure it's in the works :txflag:

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

bobbybbcat wrote:Ok..pretty surprised..my license was print pending as of last Friday 1/6..it showed up in the mail yesterday..my status never changed to mailed so Chris don't give up..I'm sure it's in the works :txflag:
Thats great news for you im happy you got it!
Soon as i see a status update i will let you know.
My future wally walk pending. Lol.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”