"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

L82kill
Posts in topic: 15

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by L82kill »

:txflag: born and raised here. Step dad in military so lived out of country for a couple of years as juvenile but since no issues I did get arrested a couple of times but for not paying tickets so no biggie there I just forgot but I am 50 years old and they say possibly that's why. The older you are the longer it takes. The 21 points seems to me like even if you were 30 would still take a month to get all of the info back? Medical and juvenile records but oh well. I think most of us would not dump the 140 bucks if we thought there was a possibility of not getting the license. So I patiently wait with the rest of the fellows and gals in here. It has only been 20 days and they tell me it could take up to 6 months. To me I think if I get my license after the lower rate goes into effect in September they should send me some money back lol.... like that's going to happen.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

I am 24 with a clean record. but my background has been under review sense the 18th of July once they started processing my application. i turned in all supporting documents in on the 10th of July. So the age thing i dont think applies. I am not sure why some take longer than others. :???: :totap:

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Yes maybe not but seemed legit at least for some justification as to why as far as the age is concerned. We will see. I am one day ahead of you.

RobbyRotten
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RobbyRotten »

I've been reading this forum for a while and thought I'd post my current status/timeline.

CHL CLASS: 4/26/2016
Application submitted: 8/1/2017
Fingerprints @ IDENTEGO: 8/2/2017
Submitted LTC-100: 8/2/2017

As of if today 8/3/2017

All green with the exception of Fingerprints not received, pending background and print pending application review.

IDENTEGO said it takes DPS 3-4 days to receive the prints. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I was hoping to get in before any rush that may occur when the price change kicks in.
Last edited by RobbyRotten on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

What I've been told about the fingerprints pending meant they were not legible and maybe they sent out a notice to get them redone. Mine went one day and all good the next so the 2 day thing is incorrect. Hang in there.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Well got a letter today. Sent off my application to the medical advisory board for review. I self reported admitted voluntarily to a drug and alcohol treatment center four years ago. I didn't get denied so we will see what happens.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Wow 3 weeks and you had to send it in. I think with the cost that would be included but anyways it doesn't seem like a problem they just want you cleared probably. Hang in there!!

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

They sent my app to the board. And I got notified by mail today. The letter was dated for the 27th of July. Just got it today lol.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Well hopefully it will get to the right place and get back quickly.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Nope now they're telling me I have to go see a physician and basically get get cleared that I'm not crazy. This is absolutely lovely. Who knows how long that will take.

Clyde1234
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Clyde1234 »

I found the timelines that people posted to be quite helpful in knowing when to expect things, so I'm going to share mine as well.

Mon July 3rd-took class and submitted documents

Wed July 5-had fingerprinting done(was told by IdentoGO personnel that it would take 3-7 days for DPS to receive them)

Thur July 13th-online status went all green with the exception of Background Check

Thur July 27th-all green, print pending!
*my background check took some time compared to most. I was born out of country on an Air Force base and I have the same name as my father and grandfather(I'm the Third); these issues have caused my regular gun purchases to be delayed by a few days so I'm not surprised that it caused a delay here.

Wed Aug 2nd-MAILED

Sat Aug 5th-PLASTIC IN HAND :woohoo

*about 23 days to plastic in hand once everything started processing!

Hopefully you guys are getting your stuff in quick; most people are expecting the process to start taking a lot longer with the price drop that starts on Sept 1. :txflag:

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

Anytime your application is sent to the Medical Advisory Board you're looking at a long delay, at a minimum 2 months.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Ok...So I got a letter that said my license status was delayed due to an arrest from 33 years ago from which I was never charged with anything and never saw a judge and I was a minor so I have to get a disposition letter but there was never court and I never got any notice of dismissal so I had to call the county clerk for misdemeanor charges background check clearance and I had to call the district clerk for felony background check clearance and from the municipal court the document that says they destroy all records after 5 years. Now when that comes in RDS said for me to upload them in the document area as PDF and wait 24 hours and notify them by phone the documents were in the system and they would go from there. She said if I get a denial letter I can appeal and state my case to them in my words and they would decide from there. I explained to her that I did not disclose it because I was never charged and never saw a judge or had ever had court. We will see how this goes.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Aw man. I'm not to sure what to do with that. I just got lab work done and my doc will sign the necessary and then I'll fax them in next week. The guy that is handling my application said he would push it through as soon as the MAB clears me. I think it will be quick.

RobbyRotten
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RobbyRotten »

RobbyRotten wrote:I've been reading this forum for a while and thought I'd post my current status/timeline.

CHL CLASS: 4/26/2016
Application submitted: 8/1/2017
Fingerprints @ IDENTEGO: 8/2/2017
Submitted LTC-100: 8/2/2017

As of if today 8/3/2017

All green with the exception of Fingerprints not received, pending background and print pending application review.

IDENTEGO said it takes DPS 3-4 days to receive the prints. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I was hoping to get in before any rush that may occur when the price change kicks in.

Just wanted to post my update. My last post was on 8/3 the day after I submitted everything. 2 days later I received a letter that they had not received my fingerprints. The next morning I logged on to check my status and it said the background was complete and was just pending print. I called Monday(8/7) morning to verify it was all good and that I didn't need to resubmit my prints. The lady I spoke with said all was well and that it was sent to be printed that morning and that I would receive plastic in 7-10 business days.

Come Tuesday I received 2 letters, 1 said I was missing my LTC100 and the other thanked me for submitting it. :banghead: I checked again Wednesday 8/9 and it still said print pending, but Thursday morning it changed to mailed. I signed up for Informed Delivery through USPS and every morning at about 7am we receive an email with a scan of every letter we will receive that day. Today is the day I'll receive my plastic. :anamatedbanana

Total time from submitting all documents to plastic in hand was 10 days. I'm 36 with no background issues.

Good luck to everyone else. :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”