"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cr4shover1de
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by cr4shover1de »

Justanotherguy wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
Justanotherguy wrote:New to the forum, but I have been reading this since before I even applied. My story is quite different from so many here. I took the class on Thursday, March 16th. I was lazy and have a life so I didn't go for fingerprints until Saturday, April 8th. I took all of my paperwork to the post office that day and mailed it with a tracking number. The guy told me it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Tuesday and it had been delivered that day, the 11th. I didn't check the status again until the following Tuesday, the 18th. It showed that the process had been started and pretty much everything was green, except I believe the last 2 lines. Checked the status again on Thursday the 20th, print pending. On Monday the 24th, it showed mailed. I think I received it on that Thursday. To be upfront, I have NO criminal record and have lived in Texas my entire life. I see people here that are talking about calling their representatives, calling the licensing department everyday, etc. GET A GRIP!!! I carry due to the fact that I work nights and am out at night frequently. It is for self protection. I still don't knowingly put myself in places or situations that are potentially unsafe, armed or not. I have no hero complex and it doesn't make me feel more powerful, importantalizing, or truthfully, any different. The way some of the posters here express themselves leads me to believe they can't say the same. Some have criminal records, regardless of how long ago they were, the fact remains that they have criminal records or have moved around, or they're backgrounds have to be more thoroughly screened. What's wrong with that? You are asking the state, and other innocent individuals, to trust you to carry a deadly weapon. Some here can't even control their temper long enough to wait, though sometimes extended periods of time, for that process to occur. I say to those people, if you've made it this long without legally carrying a gun, what's the big rush? It's not going to make you any different than what you are today. Have patience, if the process is slow for you, so be it.

I am quite surprised you had enough time to write such a lengthy post, you know....since you are lazy and have a life.

Look at the title of the topic. What do you honestly expect from a poster in "the waiting room" if it isn't to document status and vent a little bit to like-minded people who are also waiting- regardless if the waiting period is justified or not? Just as you have a right for your comment, so does everyone else. Not everyone can be such an arbiter of Patience such as yourself. Perhaps you should reflect on the irony of criticizing people's character that you do not know while having the audacity to self-proclaim such moral rectitude. Was any of that really necessary?

if you do not agree, or dislike reading comments in this section of the forum- you simply do not have to. It is that simple.
I agree that I may have come across crass, but I did not intend to criticize anyone's character. If anyone was offended, or felt I was painting with much too broad of a brush, I apologize. I merely stated facts. If you have ANY criminal record, the process will take much longer and you will need to exercise patience. Calling will do no good. They can drag the process out to 180 days and beyond, if they feel it's necessary. I understand that this is where "like minded" people come to share frustrations and vent, but I stand by my statements.

Not everyone with a record deserves to have that record in the first place. I have something on my record because I decided not to fight a false accusation against me when I was 17 years old. As a result I received differed adjudication and my wait was lengthened because of it. I didn't send in any documentation from the incident and still got my LTC mailed in 66 days thanks to contacting a state representative. Not everyone with a record is convicted of the crime they have on their record. It's just there haunting them. So yes, we will vent on here, and yes you came off extremely arrogant.

Justanotherguy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Justanotherguy »

cr4shover1de wrote:
Justanotherguy wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
Justanotherguy wrote:New to the forum, but I have been reading this since before I even applied. My story is quite different from so many here. I took the class on Thursday, March 16th. I was lazy and have a life so I didn't go for fingerprints until Saturday, April 8th. I took all of my paperwork to the post office that day and mailed it with a tracking number. The guy told me it would probably be there Monday or Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Tuesday and it had been delivered that day, the 11th. I didn't check the status again until the following Tuesday, the 18th. It showed that the process had been started and pretty much everything was green, except I believe the last 2 lines. Checked the status again on Thursday the 20th, print pending. On Monday the 24th, it showed mailed. I think I received it on that Thursday. To be upfront, I have NO criminal record and have lived in Texas my entire life. I see people here that are talking about calling their representatives, calling the licensing department everyday, etc. GET A GRIP!!! I carry due to the fact that I work nights and am out at night frequently. It is for self protection. I still don't knowingly put myself in places or situations that are potentially unsafe, armed or not. I have no hero complex and it doesn't make me feel more powerful, importantalizing, or truthfully, any different. The way some of the posters here express themselves leads me to believe they can't say the same. Some have criminal records, regardless of how long ago they were, the fact remains that they have criminal records or have moved around, or they're backgrounds have to be more thoroughly screened. What's wrong with that? You are asking the state, and other innocent individuals, to trust you to carry a deadly weapon. Some here can't even control their temper long enough to wait, though sometimes extended periods of time, for that process to occur. I say to those people, if you've made it this long without legally carrying a gun, what's the big rush? It's not going to make you any different than what you are today. Have patience, if the process is slow for you, so be it.

I am quite surprised you had enough time to write such a lengthy post, you know....since you are lazy and have a life.

Look at the title of the topic. What do you honestly expect from a poster in "the waiting room" if it isn't to document status and vent a little bit to like-minded people who are also waiting- regardless if the waiting period is justified or not? Just as you have a right for your comment, so does everyone else. Not everyone can be such an arbiter of Patience such as yourself. Perhaps you should reflect on the irony of criticizing people's character that you do not know while having the audacity to self-proclaim such moral rectitude. Was any of that really necessary?

if you do not agree, or dislike reading comments in this section of the forum- you simply do not have to. It is that simple.
I agree that I may have come across crass, but I did not intend to criticize anyone's character. If anyone was offended, or felt I was painting with much too broad of a brush, I apologize. I merely stated facts. If you have ANY criminal record, the process will take much longer and you will need to exercise patience. Calling will do no good. They can drag the process out to 180 days and beyond, if they feel it's necessary. I understand that this is where "like minded" people come to share frustrations and vent, but I stand by my statements.

Not everyone with a record deserves to have that record in the first place. I have something on my record because I decided not to fight a false accusation against me when I was 17 years old. As a result I received differed adjudication and my wait was lengthened because of it. I didn't send in any documentation from the incident and still got my LTC mailed in 66 days thanks to contacting a state representative. Not everyone with a record is convicted of the crime they have on their record. It's just there haunting them. So yes, we will vent on here, and yes you came off extremely arrogant.
cr4shover1de wrote:
Justanotherguy wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:

Agreed. Not everyone with a record deserves it. My cousin mooned a car full of young women when he was 18. Well, he found out, or was made aware by the officer that pulled them over, that one of the girls was 16. He was arrested, though the actual charge was indecent exposure, and held. Due to having a court appointed attorney that must have had too large of a caseload, an overzealous prosecutor and a hang em high judge, he will forever be labeled a sex offender. This has impacted his life tremendously. So, the point is, I agree with you, but the past does haunt the present and the future. Again, I apologize if I came across arrogantly, but hey. I still feel that there may be some people complaining due to things in the past. They must be patient. Others, I feel may just want some kind of power or think their d%cks will grow because they're armed. It's just my opinion.

Mysguidednlv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mysguidednlv »

Well Gents... I figured I would go ahead and add my timeline as a reference.

Online Application Submitted:5/18/17
Class Taken & CHL-100 Submitted: 5/19/17
Fingerprints Done @ Identogo: 5/23/17
Background Check Done & Print Pending: 5/31/17
Printed and Mailed: 6/3/2107

Status as of 5/26/17:
IMG_0208.PNG
Status as of 5/31/17
IMG_0228.PNG

All Green as of 6/3/17 :anamatedbanana

37yrs old, background is fairly clean, no arrests, had a noise violation my sophomore year of college (2000) :cheers2: and a ticket for expired registration in 2009 (big dummy).

Will update when status changes... in the meantime, I'll be enjoying reading through a number of posts on this site. There's some really great info here! :thumbs2:
Last edited by Mysguidednlv on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skulls615
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skulls615 »

Skulls615 wrote:New to the forum and lots of good info here. Thanks all!

I submitted my application, fingerprints, etc on 4/11. So far, it's been stuck on Fingerprints and Background review. I called yesterday and after a 30 minute wait, I finally reached someone who said they received everything and just to wait longer. I have a Texas license and all that, but maybe it's because I just moved here from CA?
My status just changed to all green but print pending. I submitted everything April 11th and now it's 50 days later. I've only been a TX resident since December, so it could be that they had to investigate through another state. They must have coordinated with my work because my big bonus shows up Friday, just in time for a little purchase ;)

XplicitGhost

Post by XplicitGhost »

Just figured I would post my timeline here.

5/24 - Submit application
5/26 - Took LTC class
5/27 - Fingerprints
5/30 - Everthing was recieved
6/2 - Print Pending
6/6 - Mailed

So overall it took less than two weeks.

Skulls615
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skulls615 »

Just received mine in the mail.

Timeline:
4/11/17 paperwork submitted and confirmed received by DPS.
Everything was green except for Background, Fingerprint and Application Print Pending. The three remaining went green on 6/2/17.
6/5/17 plastic in hand

I'm willing to bet new residents go through a little longer background check. They didn't ask for anymore info, but it lagged a bit longer than what I've seen with other people on here.

KH1987

Post by KH1987 »

This if for everyone still waiting on theirs in June of 2017 as I have plastic in hand as of today. My full timeline is below, but I want to make note of three things that slowed mine down. Also, please note, these are total days, not business days, it includes holidays and weekends in the day count. Also, for mailing time, I live in a suburb of Fort Worth, so that probably helped.

1. It was 14 days between filling out my application and taking my class
2. I incorrectly submitted my CHL-100, the new option is CHL-100 or other supporting documents. BE SURE AND USE THAT ONE. I know it seems obvious, but that wasn't the verbiage when I submitted.
3. I had a couple of Class C Misdemeanor arrests about a decade ago that might have slowed my background check down, but regardless the first 44 days of my timeline could have easily been compressed to just two or three days.

STATUS---------------------------------------------------DATE----DAYS SINCE CHANGE--TOTAL DAYS
LTC APPLICATION COMPLETED----------------------02/04/17-------------0--------------------0
FINGERPRINTS COMPLETED--------------------------02/06/17-------------2--------------------2
LTC CLASS COMPLETED------------------------------02/18/17------------12-------------------14
INCORRECTLY SUBMITTED CHL-100-----------------02/18/17-------------0-------------------14
PHONE CALL TO CHECK STATUS---------------------03/20/17------------30-------------------44
CORRECTLY SUBMITTED CHL-100-------------------03/20/17-------------0--------------------44
DOCUMENTS RECEIVED (STATUS APPEARED) -------03/29/17-------------9-------------------53
BACKGROUND CHECK UNDER REVIEW---------------03/29/17-------------0-------------------53
PHONE CALL TO CHECK STATUS---------------------05/30/17------------62------------------115
BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED------------------06/01/17-------------2-------------------117
LICENSE PRINTED-------------------------------------06/06/17-------------5 -------------------122
LICENSE MAILED---------------------------------------06/06/17------------0 -------------------122
LICENSE RECEIVED IN MAIL--------------------------06/08/17-------------2 -------------------124

Mmccabe43

Post by Mmccabe43 »

Wow! 4 months? I just got this update today. March 22nd was when paperwork was submitted. All Green except pending mailed

Glock1967

Post by Glock1967 »

I have not seen this exact situation yet so here goes...
My wife and I both sent all requirements to DPS the same day. Hers was processed quickly (6 days- it shows mailed), mine is hung up on background check due to an arrest around 25 years ago. I got information from the arresting agency website (because I couldn't remember exactly when the arrest was) and put that on the application. I have seen it said on here both ways- that DPS requires verification documents from the arresting agency- and then I have seen people that did not submit any documents and still got their plastic. While I watch the mailbox for some sort of letter from DPS asking for doc.s I thought I would go ahead and order a copy just in case they asked for it. The day after I ordered the doc.s from my local Sherriff's Depart. website I received an email from DPS that stated:
Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documentation. This will be moved forward to process with your application.

It looked like a form letter and had other information reminding me of the time limits that they have to process the app.
My questions are:
Was this email sent as a result of my ordering the doc. copies?
Or, is this a standard email that is sent out when apps are stuck on background checks?
Is it possible that the Sherriff's Dept has already sent the doc.s to DPS?

I ordered a copy of the doc.s to be held for pick up, not sent out in any way.

Thanks for any help.

Trigote

Post by Trigote »

Just went through the process and thought I would share my timeline.

June 8, 2017 - Took LTC class
June 10, 2017 - Submitted application online and CHL-100
June 12, 2017 - Fingerprint were taken and receipt was sent.
June 17, 2017 - Fingerprints received. Background check pending.
June 20, 2017 - Background check changed to green. Pending print.
June 23, 2017 - All green. Status changed to mailed
June 26, 2017 - Plastic in hand

Hope it helps. Stay safe out there.

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Post by JCC511 »

Nice! :txflag:
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

nsanch

Post by nsanch »

Confused here

My timeline:

Online registration and paid fees: June 29
LTC Class: June 30
Uploaded LTC Class certificate to website : July 5
Fingerprints: July 10

It is now July 18th and I still have the website that says

There is no status? What do I do?

Zachns1234
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Zachns1234 »

i had all my info in on the 10th of July. got my fingerprints and application completed two weeks prior to that. i have the same description on my account as well and its been 8 days. It simply means that they may have not started processing your documents yet. Or haven't updated the site. Best thing to do is call the Licensing department of the DPS and they can give you a better idea of where your at as far as processing. I called and they told me they had all my information and supporting documents and they were waiting to process it. So i suggest just giving them a call. :tiphat:

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Mine is all green except Background check of course as of 7/19. Status just appeared this morning. Submitted all documents on 7/9!! Hopefully my goes off without a hitch.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Tzortz wrote:New member here, got my card today and I thought I'd share my timeline.

01/17 Registered online / Received confirmation and indetogo emails
01/18 Fingerprints (Texas City location - in and out in less than 5 mins!)
01/23 LTC class - Tom Estep, great instructor!
01/23 Uploaded CHL100 and passport to DPS
02/02 Checked status online - All green / Print pending
02/07 Checked status online - Card mailed
02/08 Card in mailbox by 1400hrs
I had the same instructor!! He was kool!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”