"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

"Waiting Room"

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

At the suggestion of one of the members, a special place has been created for those who never learned that "a watch pot never boils." Seriously, I don't recall who coined the phrase "The Waiting Room," but the concept has sure taken off.

Rather than bury the waiting room posts in the poll thread, we now have a place for those discussions. Keep it up folks, it helps to vent those frustrations and there absolutely is something to the old adage "misery loves company." :lol:

As time permits, I'll move some of the older posts to this new forum.

Thanks,
Chas.

Diode
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Diode »

Funny you create a 'Special" waiting room the day after I get out. Hmmmmm? Well I don't think I would have survived without the support group in the waiting room. I for one will monitor it very closely knowing first hand how much a positive word can help.

Hang in there guys/gals it does eventually happen. :fire

Reysc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Reysc »

"." Seriously, I don't recall who coined the phrase "The Waiting Room," but the concept has sure taken off. "

Ehem..ehem.. I believe it's yours truly.. :smile: :smile:

edited..
Here's the post...
"Congrat's to ya'll who's waiting is over... I'm beginning to like this "waiting room".. I guess a good place to start bonding and hopefully we can do a other things later thru this site.... As for me I'm still in the "Packet Sent status 30 days after I have mailed it... Can't wait to get the "PROCESSING" status.. Anything going on with Dubya ??? Any updates ??"
Last edited by Reysc on Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diode

Post by Diode »

Reysc wrote:"." Seriously, I don't recall who coined the phrase "The Waiting Room," but the concept has sure taken off. "

Ehem..ehem.. I believe it's yours truly.. :smile: :smile:
Good job. :thumbsup:

Your 15 minutes start now...... Oh! yeah you have to sweep up every night in here as well.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longtooth »

Good research Reysc. Diode you are prowd to be out & would not stay if you could. 'sides all that visitin's allowed & no time limits.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

Diode wrote:Funny you create a 'Special" waiting room the day after I get out. Hmmmmm? Well I don't think I would have survived without the support group in the waiting room. I for one will monitor it very closely knowing first hand how much a positive word can help.

Hang in there guys/gals it does eventually happen. :fire
Yep...same here Diode....a whole "Room" now....go immediately...haha...we had to move down 34 pages before we got to 'current events'....don't know if Red Raider first used the words< " Waiting Room" but close in timing....lol Yes....and once the 'wording flips over' just hang in there...for me it was 6 days til license arrived...think 8 for Diode!
//John

Skipper5

Give ya credit on that !!

Post by Skipper5 »

ok Reysc...we'll give you the nod...for back on 07Mar06!!!"Waiting Room"!

//

Golfer

Post by Golfer »

Since I had to look around for it a bit on google I thought adding a link here to where you can check on the status of your application online would be helpful. If its common knowledge or I missed it, sorry.

https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NAS ... AppManager

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 33

Post by NcongruNt »

Well, here I am! Just mailed all my forms this morning. Considering it has all of 20 blocks to go to get to the DPS headquarters here in Austin, perhaps it'll cut out some of that mail transition time. :roll: If they get it down to 60 days, it means I should receive my CHL somewhere around May 8th (with 2 days of mail transit included). We'll see if that actually happens. :)

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

So if I didn't do an online application, there's no way to check the status of my application on the website?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

NcongruNt wrote:Well, here I am! Just mailed all my forms this morning. Considering it has all of 20 blocks to go to get to the DPS headquarters here in Austin, perhaps it'll cut out some of that mail transition time. :roll: If they get it down to 60 days, it means I should receive my CHL somewhere around May 8th (with 2 days of mail transit included). We'll see if that actually happens. :)
But the way the USPS works, It went from your house (or post office) to downtown Austin, to Houston, to Seattle. and back to Austin.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RKirby

Post by RKirby »

RPBrown wrote:But the way the USPS works, It went from your house (or post office) to downtown Austin, to Houston, to Seattle. and back to Austin.
I think that's the same route my app took from the Ft. Worth main post office to Austin...took five days! :shock:
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

calvinbr

New to the room. Hello to all.

Post by calvinbr »

Well I can say that I am in the Waiting room. Glad to be here with the rest of you. We will all get out one day.

Calvin

CHL Timeline:
Completed online application: 01/10/07
Packet received from DPS: 1/19/07 (with pin number)
CHL class: 2/17/07 (with Tom Estep)
mailed packet 2-27-2007
Packet received at DPS: 3/12/07
Current Status: 5-17-2007 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
Last edited by calvinbr on Thu May 17, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I actually got my renewal notice sometime the first week in February...

I called DPS to get mine and Wife-Unit's renewal packets I think Tuesday March 13th...They came in the mail Saturday March 16, 2007...

So I am locking off the 31st of March to go see "El Gato", and I'll probably have our packages off to Austin that Monday...

Thats when I'll start the clock...

I'm going to go look in the archives, but does anyone have a feel for how long renewals are taking to process??? Mailbox to mailbox???

Y'all can PM me if I miss a reply in the forum here...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Day 18! Nothing significant about the number, other than I'm itching to get my PIN and hoping that my fingerprints were OK. 3 more days, and I can officially bug them to make sure my app has been entered into the system.

I'm going stir crazy here! :totap: :crazy:

At least I got the chance to put in a full day at the range yesterday, putting all my guns to some good use. :fire: The new mojo sights for my 91/30 made me especially happy. That and the fact that I got to test the Hornady XTP rounds and that they go through my PA63 like butter has made them my definite carry load. Some mighty fine ammo, that Hornady - the polish on that brass is as slick as cow snot! :thumbsup: Now all I gotta do is find a supplier. Everyone seems to be out of 9x18 XTP these days. :sad:

In a related note, I wonder if the number of smileys used in a waiting room post is proportional to the length of wait...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”